Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 16th, 2006, 04:05 PM
Passenger

Default Jeans?

Ok,

Obviously not on formal night, but can jeans be worn on the other nights? I have a very nice pair of white jeans that I would wear with a glittery top and dressy sandals. Same goes for a darker pair of jeans. These are both long and would be worn with nice tops and dressy, higher heeled, sandals. Are these ok on the casual nights?
Sponsored Links
Old May 16th, 2006, 04:14 PM
Passenger

I forgot to specify I will be sailing on Carnival. I'm assuming some lines are fancier than others. Thanks.
Old May 16th, 2006, 08:05 PM
Admiral

mosey,

Obviously not on formal night, but can jeans be worn on the other nights? I have a very nice pair of white jeans that I would wear with a glittery top and dressy sandals. Same goes for a darker pair of jeans. These are both long and would be worn with nice tops and dressy, higher heeled, sandals. Are these ok on the casual nights?

and

I forgot to specify I will be sailing on Carnival. I'm assuming some lines are fancier than others. Thanks.

I have heard from several sources that Carnival does, or at least did, tolerate jeans in the dining room. Nonetheless, the best advice always is to follow the guidelines in your precruise information package or, if different, the guidelines provided aboard ship. Some cruise lines apparently are starting to enforce dress codes more strictly, and several lines undoubtedly are taking note of the poll thread on the Royal Caribbean board about enforcement of dress codes.

Norm.
Old May 17th, 2006, 09:34 AM
Admiral

totally agree with Norm.
Old May 17th, 2006, 02:13 PM
Admiral

On formal nights, as you said, definitely not. But if you do wear them on casual nights, no need to go with glittery top, etc. Casual should look nice, but does not need to be dressy. And the top and shoes will not determine whether or not it's okay in the dining room.
Marty
Old May 18th, 2006, 09:45 AM
Admiral

colored jeans, jean capris, are a really grey area when it comes to the "no jeans in the dining room during dinner hours" policy. The only way you are truly going to know is by asking the Maitre D in person once you board the ship. We have done this in the past, and the Maitre D was very appreciative that we took the time to inquire. My guess would be that on Carnival white jeans with a nice top, cute sandals or kitten heels would be ok on Casual nights.
My guess is that its the "work"jeans, faded,ratty, torn, ripped jeans with t-shirts and sneakers that the cruise lines don't want in the dining room.
Old May 23rd, 2006, 02:21 PM
Passenger

Default Jeans

We just returned for the Diamond Princess . I seen all sorts of dress in the dining room. I saw several men in flannel shirts and dressy sweatshirts. Many men wore jeans to dinner (not on dress night),most women wore casual slacks . Ohio cruisers
Old May 23rd, 2006, 08:25 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I would also agree, I sometimes wear a pair of white pants for a casual evening, has never been a problem.

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 2nd, 2006, 04:53 PM
Passenger

Carnival allowed you to wear whatever you wanted on casual nights when we sailed on the Victory. Its certainly not a matter of if you will be thrown out of the dining room or anything. Just wear what is comfortable and what you think is appropriate and chances are, you will be just fine!
Old June 25th, 2006, 10:02 PM
kookylabooka

What you mention will be just fine.