Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 16th, 2007, 12:01 AM
Admiral

maybe it's the effect of the brazillian wax ????

very warm showers but not so hot it hurts too bad

nice pic though

Valor 2008
Triumph 2006
Fantasy 2004
Pride 2002
Imperial Maj 2001
Carnivalle 1994
Couple forgotten
Old June 16th, 2007, 10:24 AM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharon83umsl
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorcrazie
Coool. Keep posting how things go, please. Love to hear from someone who is on a cruise!!!
Marty....originally from St. Louis
ok, fun day in Cozumel today, but bad sunburn

(picture from an hour ago)

Ok I'll throw in 2 boring days at home for your bad sun burn from Cozumel and raise you 2 laundry loads!
Old June 16th, 2007, 01:45 PM
Admiral

Ow!!
That Caribbean sun can do a number on anyone. Hope it settled down enough to let you have fun the rest of the cruise. So jealous that you did the Sting Rays. I used to be terrified of them, did the swim in Grand Cayman and now I love them.
Marty
Old June 18th, 2007, 10:21 PM
Admiral

sharon83umsl,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorcrazie
Coool. Keep posting how things go, please. Love to hear from someone who is on a cruise!!!
Marty....originally from St. Louis
[color=red][size=18]ok, fun day in Cozumel today, but bad sunburn
It's actually quite easy to take the itch out of a sunburn. Get into the shower, adjust the water to the coolest temperature that you can stand, and let it flow over the sunburned area. As it starts to feel comfortable, move it cooler until you get it to the coolest possible setting, then let it run over the sunburned area for a couple minutes. (Yes, you can shampoo your hair and wash your skin while you are doing this.)

When the sunburned skin feels cool to the touch, get out of the shower, take your towel and PAT the sunburned skin to dry it. Do NOT rub the sunburned skin with the towel, as the friction of rubbing will heat the burned skin and cause it to itch.

Norm.
Old June 22nd, 2007, 12:31 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cassandra

The other thing you can do - and I sunburn easily - so I consider myself an expert.

Get some 100% Aloe or Noxema skin cream. Put it in the refrigerator for 1 hour (or until its cold). Then put it on your sunburn area.

It will cool your skin and pull the heat almost instantly. Yours doesn't seem too bad, minor 1st degree going into 2nd degree burn.

Shame on your for either not putting sunblock on or wearing a t-shirt over your bathing suit.

Serenade of the Seas - '05
Sovereign of the Seas - '07
Old May 30th, 2008, 05:24 PM
Passenger

Default Bumping - just 'cause I like to stir the pot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisin'Mama
Ladies,
I cannot, for the life of me, understand why in the world women do this to themselves! Think about it...would a guy ever wax his crotch area for a woman? HELL no, he wouldn't! Why subject yourselves to such pain? There's other ways to get rid of excess hair besides ripping it out by the roots.
There are alternatives - absolutely true but some guys would do this for a woman. I do it for me.
Today's man is not the man of 10,15,20 years ago. We are finally able to openly take advantage of options that, until recently, have been reserved as effeminate.
I still envy you ladies for the freedom and choice you all have in fashion and aesthetics but I embrace the changes that are finally taking place allowing us gents to be the peacock every now and then. Not saying I'm gonna' paint my nails and put on a full face but a man isn't any less of a man fot taking care if himself.

Rep

Carnival Destiny 7-27-08
Carnival Glory 6-18-05
Carnival Fascination 6-7-97
Carnival Mardi Gras Summer '83
Old May 31st, 2008, 03:06 AM
Admiral

Well now I was a hairstylist in the California Bay Area for 14 years and I know a lot of men that waxed legs, arms, back, chest and other areas that should remain nameless. As a stylist, I limited my waxing services to the face. Also swimmers and bodybuilders do this type of thing for their sport.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old June 1st, 2008, 05:26 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lozz
it gets easier each time u hav it done - and the best tip is to never ever ever ever shave - this makes the hair folicle way thicker and stronger - and thus they hang on more and it hurst heaps. The 1st time you'll be wishing you never did it, but the second you'll be wondering what all the fuss was about. Just make sure your beautician is experienced (a senior or something) and also talk the whole way through it and make sure you don't clench your muscles!
Definetley gets better each time you do it. Used to do it myself but it takes me a long time so I have been shaving out of laziness. Fo those who question WHY? I find it very comfortable and liberating to be free of hair, Not to metion that fresh and clean feeling.

Worth the pain for sure. As far as embarassment ... the people that do this see the same thing all day long and could probably care a less so keep that in mind.
Old June 4th, 2008, 08:27 PM
Admiral

Just shave -- it's quick, easy, and painless.

And this may be a stupid question, but what the devil is a metrosexual? I've heard the term a few times, but don't know what it means.

Dean
Old June 5th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Dean
Just shave -- it's quick, easy, and painless.

And this may be a stupid question, but what the devil is a metrosexual? I've heard the term a few times, but don't know what it means.

Dean
Metrosexual can best be explained by a picture.

This is a Metrosexual note: the blonde tips, the spray on tan, and the professionally whiten teeth. It all started with the show "Queer eye of the straight guy." A metrosexual is not gay but he takes care of his apperance similar to how a guy man might. Metrosexual men get mani-pedis and facials, spray on tans, teeth whitening, they color their hair, and wear the lastest designer fashions.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old June 16th, 2008, 08:20 PM
Passenger

Never done the whole "thing" but I used to wax. The first time I waxed my legs I was in Calcutta. I spoke no Hindi and the girl spoke no English. I was in tears and the poor girl looked like she was killing me. But a few waxes later, it hardly hurt at all. A few years ago, I had the hair removal done (I think it is called Lasik Hair removal). It cost a couple thousand for the legs and it took a few months to complete but it was by far the best thing I've ever done. Now I don't have to wax or shave. If I had a daughter, I would do this for a highschool graduation gift. I wish I would have done it in my 20's rather than in my 30's.