CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Cruise Dress / Packing (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cruise-dress-packing/)
-   -   brazilian wax (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cruise-dress-packing/328082-brazilian-wax.html)

goldpenny February 14th, 2007 02:05 PM

brazilian wax

any experience anyone.i have heard it is very painful..is it worth the pain and embarrasment?

LisaK February 15th, 2007 11:06 AM

consider doing it if you are planning on wearing a thong bikini bathing suit.

dina February 15th, 2007 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaK

I suggest if you are going to do this and have never done it before.. go to a spa.. a good one.. at least a week before your planned trip..

yes it hurts and you will be sensitive for a while.

Lolis1 February 17th, 2007 11:29 PM

Shave!

Seabeacon February 18th, 2007 03:21 PM

It does hurt some but it is worth it.

ca1ypso February 19th, 2007 11:28 AM

The first time I tried waxing (the only time actually), I did not go for the brazillian. Even so, I found it to be one of the most painful things I'd ever experienced below the waist. To boot- my skin is more sensitive than I was aware of, and I had a red rash in my bikini area for a week and a half afterwards. My advice? Right before a cruise is not a great time to figure out if waxing's for you... take your trusty razor and leave that for when you have time to experiment with it without having to show it off if you hate the results.

LisaK February 19th, 2007 11:57 AM

very good advise. IF you are going to get a brazillian wax definatley go to a salon or spa get it done a couple of weeks before your cruise.

Cassandra February 20th, 2007 04:42 PM

Ever have your eyebrows waxed? Hurts a bit, right? Take that & multiply it by 200.

Mainly because there's alot of flesh & the hair roots go deep, where above your eyes, not much flesh, shallow roots.

There's a reason why Sandra Bullock was walking funny & yelped in that movie she did.

trarecar February 24th, 2007 08:14 PM

I think it would be worth it. I've done it, and yeah, it's painful, but nothing that compares to childbirth or something. LOL

I personally don't want to be worrying about shaving mid-cruise. Plus, shaving gives you bumps.

Cruisin'Mama February 28th, 2007 04:33 AM

Ladies,
I cannot, for the life of me, understand why in the world women do this to themselves! Think about it...would a guy ever wax his crotch area for a woman? HELL no, he wouldn't! Why subject yourselves to such pain? There's other ways to get rid of excess hair besides ripping it out by the roots. :roll:

adias.angel February 28th, 2007 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruisin'Mama
Ladies,
I cannot, for the life of me, understand why in the world women do this to themselves! Think about it...would a guy ever wax his crotch area for a woman? HELL no, he wouldn't! Why subject yourselves to such pain? There's other ways to get rid of excess hair besides ripping it out by the roots. :roll:

Ummm....Maybe the younger crowd is different but yes there are some men who would/do wax.

trarecar February 28th, 2007 03:03 PM

I'm going to wax. It lasts longer than shaving and Nair. You could probably just get the sides done and not go full landing strip. LOL

collectingcoke March 1st, 2007 04:40 PM

Very painful and embarrassing IMO.

Mean Dean March 6th, 2007 03:13 AM

While not many guys wax, many do shave...........

Dean

bububr March 6th, 2007 04:39 PM

Not just shave

but trim and color too!

Green for St. Pts, Red for Valentines, A bit tricky, but red, white and blue for the 4th of july...

If its there you might as well have fun with it

Dave :twisted:

lozz May 8th, 2007 10:02 AM

it gets easier each time u hav it done - and the best tip is to never ever ever ever shave - this makes the hair folicle way thicker and stronger - and thus they hang on more and it hurst heaps. The 1st time you'll be wishing you never did it, but the second you'll be wondering what all the fuss was about. Just make sure your beautician is experienced (a senior or something) and also talk the whole way through it and make sure you don't clench your muscles!

sharon83umsl May 13th, 2007 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dina
Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaK

I suggest if you are going to do this and have never done it before.. go to a spa.. a good one.. at least a week before your planned trip..

yes it hurts and you will be sensitive for a while.

agreed! but worth it

nvabill June 7th, 2007 10:19 PM

I wish you gals would quit getting rid of all the hair down there, I kind of like it! :twisted:

Bobby_G June 11th, 2007 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nvabill
I wish you gals would quit getting rid of all the hair down there, I kind of like it! :twisted:

Now now, Bill. Some of us like the alternative. :twisted: :wink:

nvabill June 11th, 2007 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby_G
Quote:

Why would you? :shock:

Bobby_G June 11th, 2007 05:37 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Why would you? :shock:

Well, I suppose the logical response on this board would be why wouldn't one ? To be fair, it's GREAT either way :D

nvabill June 11th, 2007 08:18 PM

I guess I better drop it before I get in trouble. 8)

Bobby_G June 11th, 2007 10:57 PM

Quote:

Point is, both - with and without - are nice.

What did you think I meant ?

nvabill June 12th, 2007 02:48 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Point is, both - with and without - are nice.

What did you think I meant ?

Oh I know what you mean I just didn't want to be too graphic about my personal taste on this forum! 8)

sharon83umsl June 12th, 2007 10:38 PM

hi from on-board Conquest, the night before we hit Jamaica!! I'm all Brazillian-Waxed-Up for the cruise too, heeheehee

nvabill June 12th, 2007 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharon83umsl
hi from on-board Conquest, the night before we hit Jamaica!! I'm all Brazillian-Waxed-Up for the cruise too, heeheehee

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

sharon83umsl June 13th, 2007 10:07 PM

Jamaica was fuuuunnn!!!! We took a bamboo raft down a lazy river today!!

:)
S

colorcrazie June 14th, 2007 02:26 PM

Coool. Keep posting how things go, please. Love to hear from someone who is on a cruise!!!
Marty....originally from St. Louis

sharon83umsl June 14th, 2007 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colorcrazie
Coool. Keep posting how things go, please. Love to hear from someone who is on a cruise!!!

ok, cool!! swam with stingrays today in Grand Cayman! Goin' to a show then dancing tonight!!

fun, fun!!

sharon83umsl June 15th, 2007 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colorcrazie
Marty....originally from St. Louis

ok, fun day in Cozumel today, but bad sunburn :(

(picture from an hour ago)

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9...2007027km4.jpg