Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 21st, 2007, 01:46 PM
First Mate

Default how hot is it in the Bahamas in late July?

want to know whether I should bother at all with long pants.....
Sponsored Links
Old March 21st, 2007, 02:22 PM
Admiral

Scorching sun and tepid temperatures mark the month of July in The Bahamas. Travelers will appreciated the cool coastal breezes and the late afternoon storms that keep everything cool and comfortable throughout the month.

Typical Weather in July
July temperatures in The Bahamas range from an average low of 77.0 degrees to an average high of 89.0 degrees

The Bahamas in July: Key Facts
Monthly Averages
High Low Rainfall
(inches) No. of Days
with Rain
89.0° F 77.0° F 6.0 N.A.

Temperature
On a typical July day, during the early morning hours you will probably find the temperature will be around 81.0 degrees. In July, temperatures typically rise to around 87.0 degrees by early afternoon. The temperature in The Bahamas will typically decline by early evening, to approximately 82.6 degrees. Temperatures in The Bahamas average around 82.5 degrees during July.

July Temperatures in The Bahamas by Time of Day
Early Morning Late Morning Early Afternoon Late Afternoon Early Evening Overall
81.0° F 85.8° F 87.0° F 86.0° F 82.6° F 82.5° F

Rain
Rain is least likely to occur in The Bahamas during July around 7:00 AM, and it is most likely to occur around 1:00 PM. As shown below, if a thunderstorm occurs in July, it is most likely to occur around 4:00 PM.

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011
Old March 21st, 2007, 04:56 PM
Admiral

michellet1959,

Quote:
want to know whether I should bother at all with long pants.....
What dina failed to mention is that the humidity is very, very oppressive at that time of year. And, of course, it's also hurricane season, from which the Bahamas are not exactly immunie. IOW, the period from June to October is not exactly a very good time of year to go to the Bahamas.

As to clothing, I advise people going to a resort in the Bahamas to bring at least a couple sets of attire that would be appropriate for a "casual" evening on a cruise -- either sundresses or skirts and nice tops for ladies and shirts with collars and slacks or khakis for gents. Bahamian culture is much more conservative than American culture, so this sort of attire is the norm in the better restaurants.

Norm.
Old March 22nd, 2007, 12:55 PM
Admiral

Yes, it will be very hot/humid. But, evenings on the ship will be cooler. I always take long pants as well as shorts and caperi's.
Marty
Old March 27th, 2007, 05:20 PM
First Mate

thanks everyone, I had initially planned to go in June, but couldn't find frequent flyer free air miles on the dates I wanted, or the days before, and had to settle for late July. I will plan for heat and oppressive humidity (just like it will be here at home in Chicago actually!) for the cruise. Sounds like we'll love the evenings on board!
Old March 27th, 2007, 11:18 PM
Admiral

Recall that long pants are required in the ship's dining rooms.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old May 7th, 2007, 10:54 PM
Admiral

Two words

AFRICA HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Old May 8th, 2007, 06:35 PM
Admiral

michellet1959,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
thanks everyone, I had initially planned to go in June, but couldn't find frequent flyer free air miles on the dates I wanted, or the days before, and had to settle for late July. I will plan for heat and oppressive humidity (just like it will be here at home in Chicago actually!) for the cruise. Sounds like we'll love the evenings on board!
Ah, compared to the Bahamas in July, Chicago's July is arid. When I say that the Caribbean and the Bahamas tend to have very high humidity in the summer, I'm talking about air so thick that you have to cut your way through it with a machette. And it's like that all day and all night.

Norm.
Old May 9th, 2007, 09:29 AM
Admiral

I'm originally from St. Louis, and it is hotter and more humid there in late summer than it is in Miami or the Caribbean! Not just my impression, but statistically true.
Marty
Old May 9th, 2007, 10:40 PM
Admiral

It be hoat mon!!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old May 11th, 2007, 10:20 AM
Admiral

you will not want to wear pants during the day, oppressive humidity levels. A nice pair of pants for dinner would be fine
Old May 15th, 2007, 06:05 PM
First Mate

thanks everyone, I have only put shorts and t-shirts on my packing list, plus one pair of long white pants and a black soft jacket for air conditioned dining rooms on board. I guess I expected it would be pretty hot and humid.... but we'll somehow survive and aim for early June the next time we cruise down there.
Old May 22nd, 2007, 11:39 AM
Admiral

Advise you pack some handkerchiefs to mop your brow and clean your glasses and camera lens. 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellet1959
thanks everyone, I have only put shorts and t-shirts on my packing list, plus one pair of long white pants and a black soft jacket for air conditioned dining rooms on board. I guess I expected it would be pretty hot and humid.... but we'll somehow survive and aim for early June the next time we cruise down there.
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old May 22nd, 2007, 09:30 PM
Admiral

Michelle,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
Forget June. It's already pretty humid then. Go there during the late fall or winter instead. The best time is from December through March, though November and April are okay.

Norm.
Old June 1st, 2007, 05:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

It is hot and humid, but you should bring long pants with you anyway for the dining room, where it will be cooler.