CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Cruise Dress / Packing (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cruise-dress-packing/)
-   -   Shower items (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cruise-dress-packing/336011-shower-items.html)

Sportzmomof4 July 9th, 2007 09:20 AM

Shower items

:?: What do I need to pack as far as Soaps, shampoo, conditioner, hairdryer? What is in the cabin and what is not? I am trying to pack for the 6 of us and I feel like the most unorganized person ever!! Thanks!

Mike M July 9th, 2007 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sportsmomof4
What do I need to pack as far as Soaps, shampoo, conditioner, hairdryer? What is in the cabin and what is not? I am trying to pack for the 6 of us and I feel like the most unorganized person ever!! Thanks!

Unless you require a special shampoo, soap or conditioner there is no need to bring your own. All of these are provided in your bath. Hairdryers are also provided. They work fine for most people, unless you have VERY long and thick hair. Also, newer ships have better hair dryers.

Take care,
Mike

LisaK July 9th, 2007 11:36 AM

i see that you are sailing Royal Caribbean. On our last RCL cruise we were supplied with shampoo, conditioner, soap, lotion and a hairdryer in the stateroom, however if you have a special shampoo and conditioner that you use for your specific hair type, bring it, the shampoo/conditioner is basic. The soap is fine if you don't have any allergies. I have to bring my own soap for that reason. The hairdryer is fine if you have short or fine hair. IF you don't, bring your own hairdryer, as the ones in your stateroom are not really all that strong. You will need all other basic toiletry needs.

Sportzmomof4 July 9th, 2007 12:45 PM

shower items

THANKS!! :D

Cathy100 July 11th, 2007 02:30 PM

I always bring B&BW things for the shower and then I prefer my own shampoo. Luckily hubby and I can use the same kind.

CeCe July 25th, 2007 02:39 AM

I am not packing any shower items. I am so sick of security. Every time I think I have it right, Iam wrong.The hotels have supplies and HAL has a very good Spa and Dutch line they provide.Thatwill also give me more room in my bag.
CeCe

Rev22:17 July 25th, 2007 05:19 PM

CeCe,

Quote:

Originally Posted by You
I am not packing any shower items. I am so sick of security. Every time I think I have it right, Iam wrong.The hotels have supplies and HAL has a very good Spa and Dutch line they provide.Thatwill also give me more room in my bag.

It's really no problem. Just put your toiletries and cosmetics in your checked luggage, to which the restrictions do not apply.

Norm.

DawnAurora August 19th, 2007 05:08 PM

No shower caps provided? Not that the usual sandwich baggie material caps do much for my heavy hair, anyway

forensic October 2nd, 2007 11:17 PM

don't forget toothpaste - i did that once