Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 29th, 2007, 11:35 PM
Passenger

Default Ladies..a self tanning question

Anyone used the self tanning lotion, that is supposed to get darker each day you apply it?
if you shave your legs and put in on a few days...then half to shave again...does it take all the tan away???

Norm, if you know.. please answer
Waiting for Dec 09 for Hawaii Cruise on the Golden!
Sponsored Links
Old August 30th, 2007, 05:54 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Ladies..a self tanning question

FoghornLeghornGal,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
Anyone used the self tanning lotion, that is supposed to get darker each day you apply it?
if you shave your legs and put in on a few days...then half to shave again...does it take all the tan away???

Norm, if you know.. please answer
Unfortunately, I don't know anything about tanning fluids. I much prefer the real thing.

Norm.
Old August 30th, 2007, 09:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

Foggy,

I use Dove Energy Glow. The face energy glow with moisterizers comes in a small white bottle. The other comes in a bronze color bottle and is for arms, legs.
As far as a tan, it does not really give a dark tan, just looks like you have had some healthy exposure to sun. Pleasant and very light scent that quickly disappears.

Nona
Old September 1st, 2007, 02:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

I use Loreal Bronzer and I love the color it gives me. If you shave, it doesn't take the color off but I reapply every couple of days to keep it nice and dark. I am kind of thinking of the tanning bed this time and not have to worry about remembering the tanning lotion. The only downside to the lotion is that it takes a while to dry and it can end up discoloring your bra. Cozzette
Old September 1st, 2007, 09:02 PM
Beginner

Default The "Best" Self Tan Product is not the same for ev

I have used TAN TOWELS for the last few years, they are very good, very natural. I use them as soon as I dry off after my shower. This product has never rubbed off on clothing or sheets. You can order them thru HSN (Home Shopping Network).

The most important advice I can offer is that you try out several products to see which product works best for your skin type and coloring long before you are set to leave for your cruise!

You really need to experiment and see which product works best for your skin type and color, because the tanning product which looked gorgeous on your skin by candle light might very well look 'orangey' out in the daylight at breakfast the next morning...

Professional spray tanning at a really good salon is another option, but again, test it out well before leaving on your cruise!

Have a wonderful cruise!
Old September 2nd, 2007, 05:19 PM
Passenger

THANK YOU EVERYONE!

Some new ideas to try out!
Old September 3rd, 2007, 04:18 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cutiecat Send a message via Yahoo to cutiecat

The biggest problem with self tanner is the minute you get in chlorine or salt water it all comes off...

I looked fabulous 2 years ago for a cruise I was going on with friends and we stayed at the beach for 4 days first...by the time I got to the ship I was no tan again...

I usually don't care since I'm extremely pale anyway and like pale skin (think it's pretty), but thought I would try the self tanner-that was the end of that! lol

*Carnival: Victory 5/13~5/20/2012; Glory 3/13~3/20/11, Freedom 7/26~8/2 09; Destiny 10/30~11/3 '08, 3/2~3/9 '08; Victory 4/15~4/22 '07; Valor 3/5~3/12 '06; Holiday 7/31-8/4 '04; Imagination 6/24~6/29 '02 *Celebrity Equinox 5/14~5/24 '10 *RCI Brilliance OT Seas 6/10~6/22 '08 *Regal Empress 6/16~6/18 '05
Old September 3rd, 2007, 09:41 PM
Captain

I've used several but like Fake Bake the best.
Old September 3rd, 2007, 11:07 PM
Passenger

THANKS EVERYONE!

Fake Bake haven't heard of that, but I will check it out
Old September 4th, 2007, 10:25 AM
Cruise Maniac

Wow, now I didn't know that the lotion came off in salt water, how embarrassing I guess I will have to tanning bed it . I kind of hate to with all the bad hype about skin damage but I don't want to be scary white either and I sure don't plan on sitting on the beach and not swimming. I guess it is a trade off, Cozzette
Old September 4th, 2007, 02:26 PM
Admiral

Nothing wrong with being pale. Set an example for young people that it is better to be pale than end up with skin cancer. A friend of mine is slowly losing bits and pieces of her face to the dermatologist, as he removes recurring skin cancers.
Marty
Old September 5th, 2007, 12:36 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cutiecat Send a message via Yahoo to cutiecat

I love my pale skin
*Carnival: Victory 5/13~5/20/2012; Glory 3/13~3/20/11, Freedom 7/26~8/2 09; Destiny 10/30~11/3 '08, 3/2~3/9 '08; Victory 4/15~4/22 '07; Valor 3/5~3/12 '06; Holiday 7/31-8/4 '04; Imagination 6/24~6/29 '02 *Celebrity Equinox 5/14~5/24 '10 *RCI Brilliance OT Seas 6/10~6/22 '08 *Regal Empress 6/16~6/18 '05
Old October 14th, 2007, 11:55 PM
Beginner

I am very pale, have tried tanning bed, tanning lotions and all are alot of maintenance. I leave for a cruise in November and read alot about canthaxanthin, all natural pigment changing tanner. Been taking for 3 weeks now and have a natural looking bronze glow, takes 2 weeks for saturation. I ordered on EBAY for about $20.00. You just take these all natural ingredient pills daily and you gradually change colors - I just love it! I will never do laying in the sun, beds or lotions again!
Old December 1st, 2007, 11:47 PM
Admiral

I use tanning lotions in the summer, but haven't tried them on a cruise...or in salt water for that matter. I will say, you must re-apply every day after shaving your legs, because it does come off. I also find it rubs off on sheets and clothing, but that's the price we pay for trying to look good!

donna