Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 16th, 2007, 09:14 AM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to hotmama115
Default shoes

the shoes i had originally bought for my cruise (that leaves in a couple of days) are just not comfy, i have been wearing them around the house to break them in but im not happy with them. these are for formal night...i want to exchange them but i had a quick question, are these considered flip flops??

Read and post cruise reviews
Sponsored Links
Old September 16th, 2007, 01:21 PM
Admiral

Those are not flip-flops in my book! Definitely go for comfort. Remember you can always wear those great looking, not so great feeling, shoes for drinks and dinner, then go back to the cabin to change your shoes for something a little more comfortable.

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?
Old September 16th, 2007, 01:45 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to hotmama115

i ended up getting these, they were out of my size in those other ones, plus these i wil wear time and again after the cruise, but theother ones probably not so much. i can dance in these...i hope i didnt screw this one up...i dont think they are formal enough, i got the black ones, my dress is black and ivory......

Read and post cruise reviews
Old September 16th, 2007, 02:12 PM
Admiral

While I don't normally advocate strict adherence to the cruise definition of formal, I have to say that these are a tad casual for formal night. But, maybe a bit of creativity could solve the problem. As in go to art or crafts stoer, such as Michael's and buy some black acrylic paint and a stiff bristled bursh. Paint the jute sides and back of the shoes black and
odds are no one will notice. Just an idea, if these are really comfy anf you like them.
Marty the unconventionally formal
Old September 17th, 2007, 08:36 AM
Passenger

I have to agree with Marty. These are not quite formal enough. Can't remember if I saw your dress before however the shoes appear to be canvas and I'm sure your dress is silk, taffeta, etc. That may clash.

Considering time contstraints and your need to get into RELAXATION mode I would suggest to try the original shoes for the capt's party and dinner then go back and change.
Tish