Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 1st, 2008, 02:25 PM
Passenger

Default Renting a tuxedo on ship

Hello,
Can someone tell me the procedure for renting a tuxedo on board ship? We are trying to not pack as much and my husband is interested in this option. Do you order prior to sailing or when you get on board?
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old March 1st, 2008, 06:34 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

If you get any kind of cruise docs, the info is always in there, but if not, go to your cruiseline's web-site and you can order that way. It does have to be done before you sail, so they can have the correct color/size, etc.

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 5th, 2008, 02:00 PM
Admiral

Donna is exactly right on this one, one other thing that you should do is go to a professional to get acurate measurments, be it a tailor, seamstress or your local tux shop
Old March 23rd, 2008, 02:04 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Renting a tuxedo on ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonpie
Hello,
Can someone tell me the procedure for renting a tuxedo on board ship? We are trying to not pack as much and my husband is interested in this option. Do you order prior to sailing or when you get on board?
Thanks!
On some lines you can do that on line. I am not bring my tux on my next cruise. Dark coat and paints, tux shirt and tie, but that is it. The fashion police are not going to arrest you, and the objective is to look appropriate.
Old June 3rd, 2008, 12:57 PM
Captain

Maybe I'm too late to help, but when I called Princess they told me to go to cruiselineformals.com . . . they had all the info, how to measure, what to measure & a link to complete the reservation of your formal wear. THey even offer a few items for ladies! They seem to handle the tuxes for most of the big lines. I remember seeing Holland, Princess, Carnival, RCI & Celebrity on their list.

Pat
Grandeur of the Seas, 8/99
Mercury, 11/98
Century, 10/97
Fascination, 10/96
Old July 15th, 2008, 12:01 AM
Captain

DH has rented tux on board twice with Carnival. They suggested he go to a tuxedo rental store at home and get proper measurements before ordering on line. Both times his tux and shoes were perfect fit, and looked great. One time, he had a brand new tux flown in for him. It does make it easier to pack for sure and on the 12 day Italy cruise we had two formal nights, so they included two shirts with his tux.
2005 Holiday, Sensation, Conquest,
2006 Conquest, Celebration, Holiday,
2007 Freedom Grand Med, Holiday
2008 Fantasy & Sensation,
2009 Fantasy, Holiday & Dream Grand Med
2010 Fantasy and B2B Elation
2011 Monarch of the Seas
2012 Booked - Breeze from Barcelona 12 days
Old September 13th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Admiral

Default tux rental

I would suggest you logon to the website and arrange for the rental. Cruises can run out of a specific size. Most cruise lines have this feature available once you book your cabin, and the tuxes will already be hanging up in your cabin once you get there. Expect to pay $160+ for a tuxedo, a few shirts, a white dinner jacket, and the appropriate accessories. It will be charged to your account with the cruiseline. I personally have chosen to buy instead of rent for my first cruise simply due to the fact I will have other reasons to need one in my closet as well.
Old September 15th, 2008, 11:00 AM
Captain

Default Re: tux rental

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad813
I would suggest you logon to the website and arrange for the rental. Cruises can run out of a specific size. Most cruise lines have this feature available once you book your cabin, and the tuxes will already be hanging up in your cabin once you get there. Expect to pay $160+ for a tuxedo, a few shirts, a white dinner jacket, and the appropriate accessories. It will be charged to your account with the cruiseline. I personally have chosen to buy instead of rent for my first cruise simply due to the fact I will have other reasons to need one in my closet as well.
You can reserve (and pre-pay) for the formal wear on line or by calling Carnival. They suggest that you go to a Formal Wear Sales or Rental store to get proper measurements before ordering.
2005 Holiday, Sensation, Conquest,
2006 Conquest, Celebration, Holiday,
2007 Freedom Grand Med, Holiday
2008 Fantasy & Sensation,
2009 Fantasy, Holiday & Dream Grand Med
2010 Fantasy and B2B Elation
2011 Monarch of the Seas
2012 Booked - Breeze from Barcelona 12 days