Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 9th, 2009, 04:07 PM
First Mate

Default Two scores at Wal Mart today

Found an over the door hanging collapsable laundry bag and a inflatable camp pillow that has a memory foam layer.

The laundry bag has wires that pop it open to give it shape and has a hook so you can hang it on a door. Give it a few twists and it collapes' down to nothing.

I hate the pillows that you are stuck with when you travel. They are always two fluffy or two thin or two hard. This should be a workable solution. It has a fleece like cover and has like a "pocket" for you head. Quick function test on our bed at home looks like it will be good to go. Collapsed it takes up the space of a folded shirt.

The over the door bag can be found in the section where they sell the over the door shoe holders and clothes hangers and the pillow is in the camping section.

Check your local store as it may be a regional/seasonal thing. $8 for the pillow and $4 for the bag.

Id post pics but they dont pop up when you search their website.

R

CCL Inspiration 09
RCCL Explorer of the Seas Eastern 09
CCL Miracle Southern '08
RCCL Enchantment of the Seas Western '07
PCL Caribbean Princess Eastern '05
RCCL Explorer of the Seas Western '05
RCCL Explorer of the Seas Eastern '04
CCL Destiny Southern '01
CCL Sensation Eastern '94
CCL Ecstacy Western '92
CCL Jubilee Eastern '90
Sponsored Links
Old March 29th, 2010, 02:39 PM
Passenger

Default Another pillow idea

I agree with the inadequacy of travel pillows. I picked up a nice inflatable pillow from REI a couple of years ago for $5.00, but they don't seem to have that currently listed on their website.

This $5.99 item is fairly close to the one I have and still a bargain:
Inflatable Pillow - 15 in. x 15 in., 23032 | Pillows | Sleeping Gear | GEAR | items from Campmor.

It is nice to have a supplement or substitute for ship- or hotel-supplied pillows. I used the one referenced above for 7 nights on a trip.
Old March 29th, 2010, 11:38 PM
Admiral

Cool Shoe bag

JUST love it when I read about cruisers buying shoe bags (i hope they are the material ones, not vinyl).. The first year I started cruising over 20 years ago plus a cruise who is on another board, Calgon, gave us the idea...and we have passed it along for years and years..As for laundry bags we use two mesh bags we hang over hooks and one is used for white and one for colored laundry... we place them in an empty suitcase and put our breakables like liquor or gifts in the middle of the dirty laundry and the rest of the suitcase if filled up with things to be washed. That suitcase is left next to the washing machine..So, every one of you that has a shoe bag... the idea came from Calgon originally more than 20 years ago..lol..We have our "must have" bag.. which we keep filled with toothpaste, toothbrushes, etc.. and when we return from a trip we put a sticky on it reminding ourselves what has to be replaced. My newest trick.. I start a notebook when booking a trip adding reservations of hotels, Xpress passes, info about ports, insurance info, etc. etc. Just before our cruise I transfer everything into a clear vinyl envelope..in order of possible use starting with pick up service or air plane tickets.. put the envelope in the back of my carry on bag and pull out the papers in order of need.. Met one woman who has them indexed

Last edited by Parrot Mom; March 29th, 2010 at 11:45 PM.