Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 22nd, 2009, 03:21 AM
Beginner

Question Retrofit locks to TSA ones?

Hopefully someone has an answer for this one. I have a set of Samsonite Silhouette luggage which I absolutely adore. Lovely, sleek burgundy hardsides - matching carry on. Classic luggage at it's finest.

Wrapping duct tape around it just makes me cringe.

Is it possible to replace the original locksets on these with TSA approved locks? Does anyone know a place that could do it? or better yet a kit to do it myself? 'net search came up with zip.

I am thinking if that is not possible I will make them little webbing harness frames with locks on that.

I know, it's just luggage as my DH says - but after years of OD green duffle bags I now refuse to succumb to the zombie-army of squashy black canvas multi-zippered bags!

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old December 22nd, 2009, 03:56 AM
Administrator
Admiral

I don't think replacing the locks on a hardside suitcase would be too easy. You can use a TSA Luggage Strap such as this. They are available at most travel stores and can be found on Amazon, Magellan's or just Google TSA Luggage Strap.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me