Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 22nd, 2011, 12:20 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Post Dressing for the Cruise.....

Hello all! My three person family is going on a cruise, since this is our first cruise with Royal Caribbean we have no idea what to bring.

Here is a little bit about the cruise
On is on Allure of the Seas on August 21st, 2011, and the other is on Mariner of the Seas on Febuary 12th, 2012. They are both seven days. We have a central park balcony on Allure of the Seas, and a interior on Mariner of the Seas.

We want to do the specialty dinning and all that stuff, but we don't know if it's going to be any differnt from the other cruise we have taken on Carnival.
Please help us out!!!:o
Sponsored Links
Old March 22nd, 2011, 01:35 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

For the most part, pack exactly as you have before..if you plan to do formal nights. cocktail dresses, long dresses, & evening tops and dressy pants,are appropriate.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old March 22nd, 2011, 02:47 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
For the most part, pack exactly as you have before..if you plan to do formal nights. cocktail dresses, long dresses, & evening tops and dressy pants,are appropriate.
the man(men) in your family will need to pack a suit for formal night, suit, 2 dress shirts 2 ties and all set
Old March 29th, 2011, 06:24 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisefreak68 View Post
Hello all! My three person family is going on a cruise, since this is our first cruise with Royal Caribbean we have no idea what to bring.

On is on Allure of the Seas on August 21st, 2011, and the other is on Mariner of the Seas on Febuary 12th, 2012. They are both seven days. We have a central park balcony on Allure of the Seas, and a interior on Mariner of the Seas.

We want to do the specialty dinning and all that stuff, but we don't know if it's going to be any differnt from the other cruise we have taken on Carnival.
The packing lists (male and female) and tips in the latest revision of the Packing Made Simple thread would be a good place to start. Since your cruises are for seven nights and the lists are for fourteen, cut all the quantities except the shorts and the bathihg suits in half, rounding fractions up to the next higher integer. Also, the gents in your party may prefer to substitute a business suit, dress shirts, and neckties for the formalwear in the list.

Norm.

Last edited by Rev22:17; March 29th, 2011 at 06:35 PM.
Old April 8th, 2011, 12:27 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Thumbs up new one coming~~

hello.everyone,i'm a freshman here,i'm not good at introducing myself, my hobby is shopping,if you have the same interest with me ,please feel no hesitate to contact to me~

:-D
Old April 8th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to AF1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisefreak68 View Post

Hi, I sailed Allure in Jan; I was with a group of 20. For formal night some of the woman wore cocktail dresses; some wore dress suits; the men wore jacket and tie; some men wore jacket and no tie; some wore dress shirt with no jacket; what I am trying to say; the cruise was very laid back; if u want to dress up you can; if u want to dress down, you can. No one will bother what you wear; pack light; most people, including me, pack too much. I wore 2/3 of what I packed. You will have a great time on Allure.
Splendour of the Seas: May 07
Explorer of the Seas: Jan 04
Majesty of the Seas Jan 99

Go Reds