CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Cruise Dress / Packing (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cruise-dress-packing/)
-   -   are water shoes necessary? cozumel/calica/ progresso (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cruise-dress-packing/381887-water-shoes-necessary-cozumel-calica-progresso.html)

sprint180 April 12th, 2011 11:30 PM

are water shoes necessary? cozumel/calica/ progresso

I don't even know if I am calling them the correct name but are water shoes needed for cozumel/ calica. I didn't even think of them but I've read about them on a couple of different posts. should I take them?
thanks
vicki

Mike M April 13th, 2011 08:28 AM

Water shoes are always a good idea and take up little or no room in the suit case or in a back pack.

Some beaches can be a bit rocky and you may encounter some coral. They are also great when you wear swim fins.

I always pack them.

Take care,
Mike

LisaK April 13th, 2011 09:52 AM

I don't have water shoes, but i do have a pair of LL Bean water sandals that get a lot of use on a cruise. They are great for walking on a hot beach, on a rocky beach, exploring rocks and coral, walking around on board etc, they don't weigh hardly anything and i just tuck them into my suitcase.

Donna April 13th, 2011 11:56 AM

If you already have then, I'd take them along...If not, best bet is to buy them around home, pretty cheap and more expensive once on the cruise. They do come in handy for almost any kind of water sports...

JQH February 20th, 2012 04:31 PM

It's always a good idea to travel with water shoes. Just make sure to bring a ziploc bag to bring them home in, unless you don't mind bringing some sand with you :)

snorklr45 February 22nd, 2012 03:37 AM

Some of the beach areas in Cozumel can be quite full of coral and/rock. I would suggest you bring some of those rubber water shoes. You can usually get them very cheap at Wal Mart. I usually get a pair for $5 and throw them away at the end of the trip rather than drag a pair of sandy, rocky water shoes home. If you wait to you get there, they are hard to find and much much more expensive.

Lakers Fan February 22nd, 2012 10:49 AM

I take flip flops

Donna February 23rd, 2012 03:59 AM

Henry,
If you go swimming in the ocean or climbing the Falls in Jamaica, flip flops just won't work, thus the need for water shoes...They are pretty inexpensive and can be found at any of our sports stores..

Lakers Fan February 23rd, 2012 08:14 AM

Donna

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donna (Post 1417004)
Henry,
If you go swimming in the ocean or climbing the Falls in Jamaica, flip flops just won't work, thus the need for water shoes...They are pretty inexpensive and can be found at any of our sports stores..

I cannot swim and my climbing days are over .I wear flip flops on the beach and to stand in the water .

Donna February 23rd, 2012 03:08 PM

Ok Henry,
You certainly can't swim with flip flops on....They do work in the sand pretty well, I always have them too, good for on the ship, going to the pool, etc.