CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Cruise Dress / Packing (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cruise-dress-packing/)
-   -   Clothes packing for the cruise (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cruise-dress-packing/382914-clothes-packing-cruise.html)

Lakers Fan June 4th, 2011 10:25 AM

Clothes packing for the cruise

Do you pack for the entire cruise or do you use the ships laundry service and or self washer /dryers ?

I rather pack extra than to spend time on the cruise going to a laundromat .

Queen of Oakville June 4th, 2011 12:56 PM

I've never done laundry on a ship. I've also never done more than a 7nt cruise.

Marc June 4th, 2011 01:08 PM

For any cruise longer than seven days, we have always used self service laundry on ship; we don't mind doing the laundry as the price is right. We have also sent items to ship's laundry when we had extra shipboard credit. HOWEVER, on our next cruise we will finally qualify for FREE LAUNDRY! It will be so nice coming home with suitcases full of clean clothes all nicely folded. :D

jacdenv24 June 4th, 2011 01:25 PM

I did laundry once on a Princess cruise-and said never again. Took ages-I've got better things to do when I'm on VACATION. We've only done 10,11,12 or 14 nights and can manage just fine-a lot of mixing and matches. I'm not too concerned if I have to wear the same outfit to dinner more than once. Your table mates don't really remember what you wore before anyhow-do you remember what they wore? All you need 14 of is underware;) That said, we reached Elite on our last Celebrity cruise so I did take advantage of the free laundry service-and probably will again on our upcoming Silhouette cruise in Jan.

Luanne Russo June 4th, 2011 01:26 PM

This would be a great question on one of the cruise threads. So many new people coming to CM don't even know there is a laundry.

Manuel June 4th, 2011 02:39 PM

We have reached a level where we get free laundry on Celebrity, but Mrs. TM prefers to take enough clothes and do the laundry when we come back from the cruise,

Our last cruise on the Equinox was 11 days and we did send a few items to be laundered .

TM

Aerogirl June 4th, 2011 02:57 PM

I did do a load on the last cruise just because I wanted to wear something again and it was a little dirty. For the most part I don't do laundry on a cruise.

Skipper's Mom June 4th, 2011 04:23 PM

I have no problem with using the ship's laundry service for items that I feel can withstand the rigors of commercial machines, no delicates, etc. I can cram quite a bit into the $20 bag from HAL. And, yes, it comes back nicely ironed or folded neatly. What's a few bucks when you spend plenty on the cruise itself.

Fern June 4th, 2011 08:58 PM

We usually pack for 5-7 days no matter how long the cruise. I have no problem spending an hour or so doing laundry in the self serve laundromats. I either go back to the cabin, bring a book or just chat with the other people doing their laundry.

I'm not worried about wearing the same things; really, how much attention do you pay to what other people are wearing? Right now my DH is sitting just across the room and I can't tell you what he's wearing (except that it's shorts and a T shirt :))!

nlb1050 June 4th, 2011 09:36 PM

The longest cruise we have taken was a 12 night and even for that I was able to pack what we needed and not do laundry. Having to do laundry while on any vacation is something I really don't want to do.

Rev22:17 June 5th, 2011 06:05 PM

Henry43,

Quote:

Originally Posted by You (Post 1374517)
Do you pack for the entire cruise or do you use the ships laundry service and or self washer /dryers ?

I rather pack extra than to spend time on the cruise going to a laundromat .

I usually pack enough clothes for the entire trip, including any pre-cruise and post-cruise plans, unless I'm going away for more than three weeks or so. Like several others who have responded to your question, I would rather not spend any of my vacation doing laundry.

Norm.

Lakers Fan June 5th, 2011 09:30 PM

I agree with Mrs.TM and Norm

Kamloops Cruiser June 5th, 2011 09:36 PM

We have used both the ship and self serve laundries.

On RCI they had a bag special once every during a 7 day cruise.

On Princess and HAL we used the self serve . We chose a port or turn around

day to do laundry.

LisaK June 6th, 2011 10:17 AM

i don't have a problem killing an hour to do a load of laundry, especially with all the weight restrictions when flying, pack it once, wash it once wear it twice.

Lakers Fan June 6th, 2011 10:20 AM

No flying involved on our next cruise ,just 100% relaxation (hopefully)

Kamloops Cruiser June 6th, 2011 11:21 AM

We go on very few cruises that don't involving flying.:mad:

Only Alaska doesn't involve flying .:confused: