Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 27th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Familiar Face

Question Packing For a 14 Night Holy Land Cruise For Nov 2012

What would a husband and spouse pack for this type of cruise? We will be sailing with Celebrity Cruise Line out of Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy in November 2012.

Long sleeves shirts for men and long sleeves blouses for females. How do you dress for Egypt and Israel ?

What will the weather be like ?

Any suggestion would be helpful.
Sponsored Links
Old December 16th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Familiar Face

I posted this same topic on a timeshare forum and have received six answers referring me to Trip Advisor European Forum to reading books by Rick Steves on Europe and the Middle East.
Old December 16th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Cruise47 ....

And you still don't have the answer?

The weather can get cold and windy. The key to such vacations is to always take clothes you can layer. Long sleeve sweaters over t-shirts, with a thin but waterproof windbreaker on top. Add in a long-sleeve t-shirt in case it gets really chilly.

But normally on a cruise you should not have to pack a jacket or a sweatshirt, because layering works just as well as gives you more options.
Old December 21st, 2011, 04:24 PM
Familiar Face

Talking

Thanks, Admiral for your insight. I am now in the process of doing a historical research paper of the climate / weather conditions for each port for the last three (3) years for our group of twenty-one (21).
Old April 29th, 2012, 08:35 PM
First Mate

We did a similar cruise in Nov 08. I suggest layers also. When we were in Italy it was in the mid 70s and I wore capris and short sleeve or sleeveless with a sweater. Mornings were cooler. Once we hit Egypt it was very hot. I do not remember the temperature however you would never need a sweater. Mostly we saw shorts on women. Some tours may require certain attire so this would depend on what tours you sign up for.