CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Cruise Dress / Packing (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cruise-dress-packing/)
-   -   Packing list (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cruise-dress-packing/386992-packing-list.html)

Lakers Fan January 11th, 2012 03:25 PM

Packing list

How soon prior to your cruise do you begin to write your packing list ? I do mine 9 weeks before the cruise .

Mike M January 11th, 2012 03:54 PM

After this many cruises it has become second nature and we take far less than we did ten years ago.

I would say I make/check the list about three or four days before we leave.

Take care,
Mike

Trip January 11th, 2012 04:14 PM

I may make a note or two, but, don't refer to a packing list. I have widdled down what we take with the changing of the baggage regulations, so I want to just make things mix and match,and easy.

anniegb January 11th, 2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike M (Post 1409223)
After this many cruises it has become second nature and we take far less than we did ten years ago.

I would say I make/check the list about three or four days before we leave.

Take care,
Mike

I do something similar irrespective of land trip or cruise.

I may alter my wardrobe to take account of climate differences but 80% is roughly the same.

Like Mike I take less and less but I try to work within a 15kg limit for a 14 day trip. I know my luggage allowance is greater but I find I rarely use all the clothes I take.

Annie

Fern January 11th, 2012 08:53 PM

My packing list has been going on for years! It really doesn't change much unless we're going into cold weather.

Like others, we've cut way back from what we packed for our first (second and third) cruise.

Do you know that people really don't notice what you're wearing unless it's very extreme (not going to happen here!).

We've been on a lot of cruise's and the only person's dress I remember is a lady who dressed as a "fortune teller" through the whole cruise. Even then, I thought she looked nice :) , just different.

Fieldmouse June 15th, 2012 10:30 PM

We generally have in mind what were going to take...only alterations to our standard wardrobe may be because of the weather (add a jacket/sweater) Otherwise, like everyone else, we find we take less...less is better.

We start packing usually 2-3 days before we go, and we rarely forget anything anymore.

buttons16 June 15th, 2012 10:58 PM

We usually lay everything out in the guest bedroom, and at times look over and make sure we did'nt forget anything..we also use alot of trial size items, ex:

We get trial size toothbrushes and toothpaste, we like to take unused items with us.
We do use a list so we don't forget items like lint brushes, our dress watches, her
jewelery. No matter how many times you have been on vacation and travel its always easier I find to use a list.

Another thing we do is to bring the luggage down from the attic and air them out for a good 2 weeks.

As far as items to pack we start to place items on the guest bed about 2 - 3 weeks prior and continue at a slow pace up till the night before.

I am always the one to fold and pack our luggage, I use to be in the Army and one thing they teach you is how to fold and pack properly, that experience has never left me.

Also just starting to do vacation related things brings the anticipation of going even greater.

Lakers Fan August 14th, 2012 12:32 PM

I put aside 8 shirts for my next cruise that I will not wear until then.