CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Cruise Dress / Packing (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cruise-dress-packing/)
-   -   What do you wear in the dining room during breakfast? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cruise-dress-packing/388513-what-do-you-wear-dining-room-during-breakfast.html)

Golden1 March 28th, 2012 10:55 PM

What do you wear in the dining room during breakfast?

If you chose to have breakfast in the dining room instead of the buffet, is it okay to wear a bathing suit with a cover up which you may be wearing due to the day's excursions? If not, what is appropriate? Thanks!

oceanbound22 March 31st, 2012 10:18 PM

Do you think your fellow cruisers want to see someone in a bathing suit and top in the dining room? I WOULD NOT. If I did see it, I would know I was on the wrong ship.

Lakers Fan March 31st, 2012 11:53 PM

On my most recent cruise I wore tee shirts and shorts .

Mike M April 1st, 2012 11:07 AM

I suggest putting the bathing suit on after breakfast. Then again, it depends on the cover up. Many cover ups look like sun dresses and no one will know the difference.

Take care,
Mike

Manuel April 1st, 2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henry43 (Post 1422817)
On my most recent cruise I wore tee shirts and shorts .

That's pretty much what I wear all the time. :-D :cool:

TM

Golden1 April 2nd, 2012 04:56 PM

My bathing suit would not be exposed. I would wear a cover up that looked like a casual sundress. No one would tell the difference whether I had a bathing suit on underneath or underwear. I guess I will check it out the first morning and see how fancy others are dressed for breakfast in the dining room. Thank you for your input!

Donna April 2nd, 2012 08:46 PM

Hi Golden,
I don't think you will be alone if you wear your cover-up dress for breakfast in the dinning room, it should be fine.

Queen of Oakville April 3rd, 2012 11:01 AM

Yes, I agree - a sundress (cover up or actual sundress is fine).

You can also conceal your bathings suit with a t-shirt, halter, or some other top and shorts.

Generally, no one is particularly fancy at breakfast as most are dressed for a day on the ship or shore.

I usually pack one day-time outfit for each day. I will wear it to breakfast, then change for pool (if needed). I will put that same outfit on at lunch-time; and sometimes, depending on what is planned after dinner, may wear it again at night if I want to take of my dressier clothes later in the evening.

LisaK April 11th, 2012 09:33 AM

I agree with the others, if your cover-up is a sundress or shorts and a t-shirt that will be just fine for breakfast in the dining room

johnthed0g April 11th, 2012 10:47 AM

Why would anyone want to?? Day wear I would say.

crispinross May 9th, 2012 05:49 AM

If its a regarding the breakfast, then most comfortable clothes would be fine to put on. I mean just like coming into the shorts and a plain T-shirt or plain shirt is all that will do. Since I think, very few people are possessive regarding their dressing during breakfast.

anniegb May 9th, 2012 07:30 AM

I have breakfast in my cabin - problem solved.

Annie

JQH May 9th, 2012 10:47 AM

On our last cruise, we were a group of 8 and were headed out for the day of excursions.. so the ladies had on sundress coverups over their bathing suits and the guys had on tshirts with their swim trunks. No speedos in this group :p

I saw many others doing the same.

Lakers Fan May 9th, 2012 11:21 AM

Many times I go to the gym prior to breakfast and go straight to the MDR in a tee shirt and gym shorts .

mimys May 16th, 2012 02:17 PM

wear comfy clothes,just like you will wear to any other vacation..dress for the weather..

Donna August 14th, 2012 06:35 AM

Golden,
That is fine for breakfast, most just dress for the day, excirsions, etc.

Dannyboy May 17th, 2014 11:02 PM

A teddy with spiked heels would be interesting.

Manuel May 23rd, 2014 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dannyboy (Post 1500562)
A teddy with spiked heels would be interesting.

Is that what you will be wearing? rofl

TM

charlespe July 25th, 2014 03:49 AM

A shirt and short will be ideal because thats what i do wear. Swimming suit is kind of not polite in a way

Truck Cruiser July 26th, 2014 03:26 AM

If you cruise on RCI, beware if you are a man going to breakfast and want to wear a sleeveless shirt! I was turned away yet my cousins wife had on a spaghetti strap shirt with half her breasts hanging out and she was allowed in.

friedshrimp July 26th, 2014 11:10 AM

You're expected to wear something to breakfast?? :shock: :mrgreen:

friedshrimp July 26th, 2014 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Truck Cruiser (Post 1504741)
If you cruise on RCI, beware if you are a man going to breakfast and want to wear a sleeveless shirt! I was turned away yet my cousins wife had on a spaghetti strap shirt with half her breasts hanging out and she was allowed in.

That's because she has breasts and you don't! :cool: