Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 23rd, 2012, 11:29 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Packing for 7 day Greece/Turkey cruise

Husband, daughter and I are going on 7 nt RCI Greece/Turkey cruise in May 2013. Wondering what to pack with all the walking tours and not sure what the weather is like that time of year. Anyone on similiar previous cruise, please advise. Thanks for your advice.
Sponsored Links
Old April 23rd, 2012, 11:45 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

The weather should be beautiful - clear and probably even hot. I would definitely take shorts and light shirts (t-shirts or polo shirts).

I doubt that it will get cold, but maybe a little chilly, so a light weight rainproof coat that you can use with layering is always a good idea.

In fact - layering is always the key to travel packing, being able to create a lot of warmth out of several different pieces that are each also utile on their own.
Old April 23rd, 2012, 04:28 PM
Familiar Face

If it's clothes you are asking about. I would agree a light jacket for sure. Then comfortable shorts and shirts. It never fails, I do think we all over-pack, even when we take what seems to be less than last time.

Enjoy your cruise!!
Old June 21st, 2012, 09:14 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Weather is usually hot during this time but you should pack also some sweaters and jeans, nights are mostly cold.
Old March 5th, 2014, 01:47 PM
Familiar Face

I know this cruise is past, but our experience was from mid-May, Venice to Athens, including Kusadasi, Turkey. The beaches were too cold to swim, it was only warm enough to go to the pool on board one day. We took a lot of layers and wore most of them every day. We usually travel with water-proof jackets that fold into a pouch. We combined those with light sweaters and t-shirts. We would start off the day in all 3 layers and shed as the day warmed up, putting them back on for evening. It was warmer in Athens, got up to near 100 the day we hiked to the Acropolis, but Venice was cold and rainy. You never know what you will find, so be prepared for everything.
Old March 5th, 2014, 01:51 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Good point Jackie - thank you for bringing it up...

We almost always recommended packing clothes you can layer, brcause you can handle almost any weather that way - and, as you said, you never know what you may find.