Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 15th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Question My first cruise to Hawaii!

In only 3 weeks, I'll be heading out on my first cruise to Hawaii. The only other cruise I have taken was to Cancun and Cozumel, out of Mobile, Alabama--in August. I knew what the temps would be for that cruise... but I'm not sure about cruising from San Francisco to Hawaii from October 6-21. I assume the daytime temps at sea will be pleasantly warm (70's and up), but what about the evenings? I haven't planned to pack any slacks or warm tops, just capris, dresses and a couple of jackets and shrugs. Is that appropriate? Any advice you seasoned cruisers can offer will be greatly appreciated!

Kat
(Phil 4:13)
Sponsored Links
Old October 17th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Well, our cruise from San Diego to Hawaii from Nov 19 to Dec 4 is coming up soon. I have the same question about what weather to expect onboard the ship on our many days at sea. Will it be cool, or even cold, out in the middle of the Pacific, and how about windy - I'm just not sure what to expect and pack for. I see you didn't receive any responses, but I'm hoping someone who has been or knows might let us know. Please!!!
Old October 17th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Admiral

You're likely to have 4 sea days that will be chilly so bring a light jacket, sweater, cardigan etc. The first two days out and the last back to the mainland are likely not to be warm.
Old October 17th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Admiral

You'll have four sea days going to Hawaii , another four to Ensenada and one between Ensenada and San Francisco.
The first two and the last could be chilly during the day and night . I would take a light sweater or jacket for those sea days . The islands will be warm during the day and do cool off at night . Depending on the weather the remaining sea days might be warm or cool during the day.

I define cool as less than 65F
Warm as 65F to 75F
and hot as anything over 75F

Ships Sailed:

SS Ithaca , Volendam , Mariner of the Seas (x2) , Veendam , Coral Princess , Island Princess (x3) , Emerald Princess,Sapphire Sapphire (x3),Diamond Princess
Old March 26th, 2013, 04:35 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Wink Taken a thick coat

I think it's warm now. Maybe, it's a little cold in the journey. It's better to go out with a thick coat,whenever.