Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Cruise Jokes & Trivia - Just For Laughs
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Jokes & Trivia - Just For Laughs Share cruise trivia or jokes: Registered Users Only

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 1st, 2007, 05:27 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to mteague
Default God's Wings

God's Wings

A little something to put things in perspective. An article in National Geographic several years ago provided an interesting picture of God's wings. After a forest fire in Yellowstone National Park , forest rangers began their trek up a mountain to assess the inferno's damage.

One ranger found a bird literally petrified in ashes, perched statuesque on the ground at the base of a tree.

Somewhat sickened by the eerie sight, he knocked over the bird with a stick. When he gently struck it, three tiny chicks scurried from under their dead mother's wings. The loving mother, keenly aware of impending disaster, had carried her offspring to the base of the tree and had gathered them under her wings, instinctively knowing that the toxic smoke would rise.

She could have flown to safety but had refused to abandon her babies. When the blaze had arrived and the heat had scorched her small body, the mother had remained steadfast. Because she had been willing to die, so those under the cover of her wings would live.

He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge." (Psalm 91:4)

Being loved this much should make a difference in your life. Remember the One who loves you, and then be different because of it. My instructions were to send this to people that I wanted God to bless and I picked you. Please pass this on to people you want to be blessed .

Time waits for no one. Treasure every moment you have. You will treasure it even more when you can share it with someone special.

To realize the value of a friend...lose one.
Old May 2nd, 2007, 11:05 AM
Admiral

Any reason you posted this under "Jokes - Just for Laughs?"

I wonder if you even read any of the items you posted?

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old May 2nd, 2007, 05:07 PM
Admiral

Why yes Marc, I read what I posted....while some of these may not be jokes, they are inspirational! Others enjoy them....you can just ignore them.....but you really should read "Jerry" first!

"edited for content by management"

Melody
Old May 2nd, 2007, 05:20 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I agree that an inspiration message should be fine for this board as long as jokes are fine.

Mark, you have been here awhile and you know we don't allow "personal attacks" under our TOS. Hence, I also just edited part of the reply to you.

MStill - a joke board obviously is not to be taken too seriously, so I don't see a reason for Mark to question your motivation for posting. I like your messages, please feel free to continue posting them.

And I am sorry a regular jumped on you, but please be careful about how you respond.

THANKS ALL! now play nice!
Old May 2nd, 2007, 05:28 PM
Admiral

Now Paul,

Everybody's gonna PM me to find out what got edited! And I was being nice! Marc, if you wanna know what I said PM me (it was a joke!)

Melody
Old May 2nd, 2007, 05:37 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I guess that is what I am talking about when I say "be careful" about what you say. It is very easy for people to misinterpret something in writing, so if you are going to make a joke, you have to "set it up" like you did the blonde joke.

What you wrote didn't sound like a joke to me, but I think I can see how it might be one. So, my point is that one has to be careful about making comments about other people in the board, because when the joke is "about" someone else in this board, it might not be construed as a joke by the person it is about, it might be construed as an unkind remark.

And that is why we encourage people to stick to the topic, and not make personal remarks, even if they are meant to be "jokes."
Old May 2nd, 2007, 07:34 PM
Yeoman

Melody, I read the joke thread daily and because of that I found what you wrote. If it was posted in another thread chances are I wouldn't have ever seen it. Thank you, thank you, you have no idea how badly today I needed to read that gentle reminder! Keep on posting, hon........^5
Old May 2nd, 2007, 08:10 PM
Admiral

I think the original post is a wonderful story. My comment was just that this is a story that is more apropos on ChitChat than Jokes. I shouldn't have made the original post.

I was going to edit out my original response but then the rest of the thread would not make sense. Paul, feel free to delete my message if you want.

Marc
Old May 2nd, 2007, 08:31 PM
Admiral

Marc,

Don't worry about it......it's no big deal!

Melody
Old May 2nd, 2007, 08:55 PM
Admiral

Inis46,

I'm glad you enjoyed it! Mom's have to stick together.....it will be okay. *hug*

Melody