Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Cruise Jokes & Trivia - Just For Laughs
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Jokes & Trivia - Just For Laughs Share cruise trivia or jokes: Registered Users Only

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 30th, 2013, 08:09 PM
Admiral

Default Top 10 complaints ...

I have seen the exact word for word message on a few news & travel sites now, so think it must be okay for me to cut & paste again here .....

One cruise travel agency has revealed a top ten list of the most bizarre complaints received from their customers during the last 12 months.
Cruise-liner staff are famously cheerful even in the most adverse of situations, but this proved too much for one Yorkshire couple. They complained that the excellent staff compelled them to spend “a lot more money than planned in tips”, for which they then attempted to claim compensation.
One lady on a Mediterranean cruise clearly hadn’t read the brief when she complained about the sea being too loud, suggesting that cabins be “better sound-proofed against the sounds of the sea”.
Another gentleman who missed the small-print sought compensation after finding that he couldn’t “swim in the pool each day” or “get an impressive tan” during his cruise around Alaska, the coldest state in America.
Defending his claim, the man stated that “all cruises are meant to be hot” and that he needed the compensation to buy warmer clothing after packing “minimal clothing for the expected hot weather”. Winter temperatures in Alaska average -25C.
Some of the complaints were nothing to do with the ship or the weather but instead concerned celebrities, or rather the lack thereof.
A young woman on a Hawaiian cruise complained that Gary Barlow was not present after seeing pictures of him on the same cruise a year earlier. Customer services were unable to accept responsibility for Gary Barlow’s alternative holiday plans.
Another passenger suffered a similar realisation and demanded a full refund, accusing ‘Celebrity Cruises’ of “false advertising” after failing to find a single celebrity on the ship.

Hmmmm I was on Cunard's Queen Victoria over the New Year, and didn't see her once, should I complain?

Alan.

History :
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+2), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura(2), Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(5), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam, Aza.Journey
Sponsored Links
Old March 30th, 2013, 11:13 PM
Captain

During my 2 week cruise to Alaska the pool was open everyday, although not many used it.

Hot tubs seemed to be very popular though. I would purposely go during first seating dinner when half the ship was eating and most of the rest getting in their cabins getting showered/dressed.

I will admit initially I did think Celebrity Cruises would have a celebrity host, celebrity entertainers or something on it. You know like there will sometimes be a theme cruise like rock and they bring some old rock stars on board, I thought they did that year round.

BOOKED: Holland Oosterdam May 25; 7N ship, 4N Anchorage, 6N Denali, 5N Denver
11 cruises in 2012, 90 nights at sea visiting 15 countries
8 cruises in 2013, 56 nights at sea visiting 7 countries
Old March 31st, 2013, 09:26 PM
Admiral

It would be quite miraculous to bump into Queen Victoria or Mary on a cruise, and I imagine it would just about as unlikely to see Queen Elizabeth.

My wife suggests we may have seen some princesses on our last cruise but none were royals.

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014, Regal 2014
Star Clippers: Royal Clipper 2015
Old April 1st, 2013, 12:23 AM
Admiral

How about a Mississippi Queen ?
Old April 1st, 2013, 10:11 AM
Cruise Maniac

I packed for the Norweigen winter on my January Norweigen Sky sailing to the Carib. Only one with galoshes and mittens in the pool area.

Still waiting to hear back about my refund request.

O F C'er