CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   CruiseMates Group Cruises (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cruisemates-group-cruises/)
-   -   A Cruiser's Prayer ~ Thanksgiving Sensation (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cruisemates-group-cruises/275266-cruisers-prayer-thanksgiving-sensation.html)

susan October 16th, 2000 11:32 AM

A Cruiser's Prayer ~ Thanksgiving Sensation

I am sending up a prayer today to the Cruising Gods.

Please Dear Gods,
Even though my credit card company has not charged me for my cruise as of yet (!), I am intending to be on the CruiseMates Thanksgiving cruise.

Please allow the air travel to be as direct as possible, and since I have thrown myself on the mercy of Carnival Cruiselines to schedule the flights, please, not too much of a sense of humor when the route is decided, OK?
Also, dearest deities, I have hoped for years to attend one of Kuki's Creamsciscle Bashes, could this perhaps be the time? It would be most appreciated.
Yours sincerely,
Susan

Donna October 16th, 2000 09:20 PM

RE: A Cruiser's Prayer ~ Thanksgiving Sensation

Hi Susan,
Sure hope your prayers do get answered :-) I'm sure you will have no problem with the creamcicle bash, bet there is one in the planning now. As for the flights, you can still contact the travel agent and do a flight deviation and pick your own flights and hopefully get the direct ones if possible. Its worth a call and the cost is usually $35.00 per person and well worth the money. Good luck and I'm sure you will have a great time on the cruise, enjoy!

Donnassei/Sealover

susan October 17th, 2000 05:18 PM

As for the flights, you can still contact
> the travel agent and do a flight deviation and pick your own
> flights and hopefully get the direct ones if possible. Its
> worth a call and the cost is usually $35.00 per person and well
> worth the money. Good luck and I'm sure you will have a great
> time on the cruise, enjoy!

Thanks for the good wishes Donna.
Actually, when first making these reservations, I did look into a deviation, but it would have been $95 ADDITIONAL (on top of the $35) for each person in order to pick our flights. This was too much. Especially since we are flying in from the west coast, so Carnival is responsible for getting us there sometime the day before anyway.
The only problem is that we may get there too late for the bash... that would be tragic indeed.
:)
Susan

Donna October 17th, 2000 06:43 PM

Hi Susan,
Glad you already looked into the deviation and yes that is way too much extra to spend for all those people. Got my fingers crossed that you make it in time for the bash. Just keep you eye on the boards as to information about any bash.
Kuki is now cruising on Millennium and I'm sure when he returns he'll be looking forward to the next cruise and putting together a bash.

Hope you get some good direct flights :-)

Donnassei/Sealover

Peggy October 20th, 2000 01:01 AM

How do we get a job like KuKi's????

Peg
StKits64@aol.Com

Kuki October 24th, 2000 08:51 PM

peggy wrote:
>
> How do we get a job like KuKi's????
>
> Peg
> StKits64@aol.Com
Peggy,
It's really very easy... U just have to be great looking, have more charm than Cary Grant, and a wife who knows how to pack <VBG>

Well, I have one out three... but I do love my job (and my wife/packer) LOL

Regards,
Kuki
Features Editor
CruiseMates.com