Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > CruiseMates Group Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

CruiseMates Group Cruises Details about CruiseMates Group Cruises- Share the fun and anticipation with other CruiseMates sailing on them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 28th, 2001, 10:17 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default New Years cruise on "Golden Princess"

Just noticed that the New Years cruise on Golden Princess is just posted. Lets see how many cruisers want to come along and celebrate bring in a new year with all of us, come on, its going to be a blast!!
Sponsored Links
Old February 28th, 2001, 11:04 AM
Admiral

Default Re: New Years cruise on "Golden Princess"

Donna & Kuki, our doc's for the Grand just arrived last night. In filling out the Marketing part of their embarkation forms it asks what cruise destination would you consider next. Well my husband asked me the social planner, where to next? I told him I was waiting for this information on the Cruisemates cruise but didn't let on it was a Holiday sailing which we have never done. Will be in touch after the Grand!
Bon Voyage
Old February 28th, 2001, 12:12 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Nana,
It would be GREAT to have u join us. There's 20 cabins of us booked already, and we're so excited you would think the cruise is next week.
Many of the board and chat hosts are already booked as well. Donna, Marylou, Tweety, Tripearl and me for sure so far, and we're hoping for more.

In my view New Years Eve is THE BEST night to be at sea. It's really a ship wide party.. with no one in their cabins that night. Truly a FESTIVE atmosphere!!
The little bit extra u pay for a New Years sailing isn't any more than what it would cost for a night out for New Year's at home.
And on this one, with all our CruiseMates Net Buddies, I think it's going to be extra special!

Enjoy your Grand cruise, and hope to c ya onboard the Golden.

Regards,
Kuki
Features Editor
Old February 28th, 2001, 07:43 PM
Admiral

Hi Nana,
So, what are U waiting for, just book it and tell the husband later??? We'd love to have you join us :-)

Donnassei
Old March 4th, 2001, 08:55 AM
Admiral

She's waiting so she can book on the Grand and take advantage of the extra booking savings on board, don't you think!!!! Nanatravel transfer her booking to you from there can't she?
Old March 4th, 2001, 10:36 AM
Mary Lou

Do you really get a better price if you book onboard? When we were on Milli in January, someone told me that they went to the future cruise desk and were not at all impressed with the pricing they were offered. Just wondering.
Old March 4th, 2001, 10:38 AM
Mary Lou

Nancy:
I have to laugh at Donna telling you to book and tell your husband later....that is exactly what I did (and my best friend is also coming along....she did the same thing). We women can be very devious!!!! BTW, my hubby now knows and he is fine with it (I think).
Old March 4th, 2001, 11:26 AM
Admiral

ML,
Where to you think I got the idea from?

Donnassei
Old March 4th, 2001, 11:32 AM
Mary Lou

Awwwww...I'm teaching you well!!!! My work here is done....lol.
Old March 5th, 2001, 06:46 AM
Mary Lou

The time is just flying by.....it is only 299 days 'til our wonderful cruise.....seems like just yesterday it was 300 days away........
Seriously though......I can't wait!
Old March 5th, 2001, 08:03 PM
Admiral

ML,
You and me both, sure hope the time flies??

Donnassei
Old March 6th, 2001, 08:52 PM
Admiral

Hi folks, haven't been here in a few days, Just digging out from the Blizzard of 2001. One of the things about the Golden that concerns me is the "changes" that are taking place without notice to the cruisers. I want to experience this new "Personal choice" and the atmosphere it projects. Will my cruising experience change from what we have so enjoyed in the past? Just learned on Friday that the Grand has just the 2 formal nights and 5 smart casual, while many passengers totally ignore any recommendations for evening dress. We were not even notified of this change with our doc's and Customer service still denies it but many recent cruisers of the Grand have confirmed it. I think choice is fine, but enjoy the nice atmosphere of people respecting other people and their good times. I work and save hard for a special vacation, so I don't want to be surrounded by people who don't respect others. Also, I am interested to see what perks may be offered for a pre-cruise booking on board. I will keep you posted after the 25th.
Hubby knows I have something in mind. Bon Voyage