Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > CruiseMates Group Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

CruiseMates Group Cruises Details about CruiseMates Group Cruises- Share the fun and anticipation with other CruiseMates sailing on them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 14th, 2001, 12:53 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Jill
Default TA's for Cruisemate Cruises

How are the travel agencies determined for the Cruisemate cruise. I have never seen any open call for bids posted. Is this all up to Paul Motter or a commitee?

Hope to see you all on a cruisemates cruise someday.
Sponsored Links
Old June 14th, 2001, 12:49 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: TA's for Cruisemate Cruises

Jill,

In most cases we are simply "listening" to ideas TAs offer as possible CruiseMates Cruises. If the idea seems like a good one, we shop it to try and be sure the deal is competitive.
Our ear's are always open.. any TAs are more than welcome to submit proposals.

Regards,
Kuki
<Join us on a CruiseMates Group Cruise... here's how:
<http://www.cruisemates.com/Articles/CMcruises/CM-cruises.cfm>
Old June 14th, 2001, 04:10 PM
Robocop

Hi Jill,
Like Kuki says, mostly we keep out ears open to see what people are wanting and what is out there and then when we deciede that a CM cruise would be right the bosses like Paul, Kuki, and Anne and probably some others talk to a number of TA's and see what looks like the best deal overall. That includes not only price, but the ability of the Agency to handle groups and extras they are willing to toss in for the group. As you know, the cheapest is not always the best, not is the most expensive always a good cruise either. Many times it seems like the bosses talk not only with the TA but with the Cruiseline itself and work on getting a great deal for everyone. I for one would love for you to join us on the Triumph cruise in Sept as I have the whole darn family going and would of course love to meet my childs adopted Mom. <> (PS Jill has one of my German Pinscher pups that I raised) Check it out Jill and really hope you can make it. I believe that there are even some singles that wish to book soooo....
Jim
Old June 16th, 2001, 08:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Jill

Jim, I would love to join you cruisemates for one of yoor group cruises. The only thing stopping me so far is that the dates haven't coincided with a good time for me to go.

I know that the cheapest is not always the best, (we could all be on one of JS's alternative cruises...) I was more than a little curious and surprised that an agency that charges a cancellation fee would be considered for a group cruise though.

Misty sends kisses to you. She is such an incredibly beautiful elegant girl but a real PITA. Hugs to you and Sylvia
Old June 23rd, 2001, 05:45 PM
Ginny Schoenfeld

The Cruisemates cruises are bidded for and then the committee makes the final decision.

Happy Cruising!
Ginny
Old July 31st, 2001, 08:53 PM
Passenger

When I first discovered Cruisemates, you were organizing the Mediterranean on the new Millenium. It was fabulous because it was all inclusive. Air, transfers, even a couple shore excursions. I haven't seen a "package" like that since. Any plans along those lines in the future?
Old August 1st, 2001, 05:26 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Fran.. that was an excellent package and we had a grand time. I'd like to try and put together a "total package" again for the Baltic next summer.
Keep your eyes peeled to this site

Regards,
Kuki