CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   CruiseMates Group Cruises (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cruisemates-group-cruises/)
-   -   First Cruise - Hawaii Summit Help (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cruisemates-group-cruises/275374-first-cruise-hawaii-summit-help.html)

ScottC January 28th, 2002 04:39 PM

First Cruise - Hawaii Summit Help

My wife and I just booked our first cruise on the Summit to Hawaii with the Cruise Mates group. I have lots of questions but to start, we are doing our own air to Honolulu, but is there good local transport to the ship from the Hilton or should we reserve something before we go.

Thanks in advance,
ScottC

Kuki January 28th, 2002 05:40 PM

Re: First Cruise - Hawaii Summit Help

Hi ya Scott.. Welcome Aboard the CM Group Cruise!!! You picked a TERRIFIC cruise for your first. By then end of the trip I'll be saying to you... Don't expect it to be like this every time. LOL

The Hilton is a VERY short taxi ride to the pier. No need to pre arrange anything. As a matter of fact there could be a "Kuki Shuttle" running from the Hilton to the port.

When are you arriving in Honolulu? We arrive the evening of May 10. Are either you or your wife golfers?
We'll "talk soon! You're in for a WONDERFUL induction to the amazing world of cruising!!
Any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
Kuki

Donna January 28th, 2002 08:20 PM

Hey Scott,
I think you picked a wonderful cruise for your first, can't wait to hear your stories when you get back, have fun!
http://www.cruise-forums.com/gallery.../thumb3613.gif
Donna
Tuesday Chat Host (sure wishes she'd be on this cruise)

ScottC January 28th, 2002 09:09 PM

Kuki, Thank you for the warm welcome. Unfortunately I don't play golf anymore after a herniated disk. I probably could but I don't want to chance it. We are arriving in Honolulu on the 11th. The only concerns my wife has about this cruise is being bored on the sea days. I did have another question, about the ship leaving at midnight, do we board that morning or afternoon and the ship just stays in port?

Thanks again,
ScottC

Kuki January 28th, 2002 10:51 PM

Scott...sorry to hear about your back, but not to worry, there's plenty to do and see in the islands without golfing.
With this group, and the activities we have planned, as well as the regular onboard activities I'll be very suprised if either of you have time to be bored<G>
As to boarding the ship.. you can board the ship in the afternoon, and settle in and enjoy exploring and adjusting to your new home, or you can board, get settled, and then go off again to enjoy Honolulu. Just have to be back onboard an hour before sailing time.

Regards,
Kuki

MisterEd February 15th, 2002 08:38 PM

The sea days are our favorites. There's plenty to do or not do as you choose. You picked a wonderful first cruise, only problem is it'll spoil you for later on :-)) LOL.

susancruzs February 16th, 2002 08:26 PM

Hi, Scott! Welcome to the cruise! I remember going on a cruise with all those sea days and thinking what would I do and now I try to take cruises with more sea time!!! I travel by myself so I have to work a little harder at entertaining myself!!! There is plenty to do and the Kuki/Pamda team have cooked up some extra events for us! If you want, your wife can email me and I'll tell her some of the things available! Generally cruise lines pack the sea days pretty well with something for everyone! Susan will be cruisin on the Summit, too!

dan March 2nd, 2002 11:33 PM

Sounds like you guys will have a great time. We are planning a cruise to Hawaii next year. Can you let me know how the Summit was and how the seas were going north to Vancouver.
Thanks