Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > CruiseMates Group Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

CruiseMates Group Cruises Details about CruiseMates Group Cruises- Share the fun and anticipation with other CruiseMates sailing on them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 28th, 2002, 04:39 PM
ScottC

Default First Cruise - Hawaii Summit Help

My wife and I just booked our first cruise on the Summit to Hawaii with the Cruise Mates group. I have lots of questions but to start, we are doing our own air to Honolulu, but is there good local transport to the ship from the Hilton or should we reserve something before we go.

Thanks in advance,
ScottC
Sponsored Links
Old January 28th, 2002, 05:40 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: First Cruise - Hawaii Summit Help

Hi ya Scott.. Welcome Aboard the CM Group Cruise!!! You picked a TERRIFIC cruise for your first. By then end of the trip I'll be saying to you... Don't expect it to be like this every time.

The Hilton is a VERY short taxi ride to the pier. No need to pre arrange anything. As a matter of fact there could be a "Kuki Shuttle" running from the Hilton to the port.

When are you arriving in Honolulu? We arrive the evening of May 10. Are either you or your wife golfers?
We'll "talk soon! You're in for a WONDERFUL induction to the amazing world of cruising!!
Any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
Kuki
Old January 28th, 2002, 08:20 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hey Scott,
I think you picked a wonderful cruise for your first, can't wait to hear your stories when you get back, have fun!

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host (sure wishes she'd be on this cruise)
Old January 28th, 2002, 09:09 PM
ScottC

Kuki, Thank you for the warm welcome. Unfortunately I don't play golf anymore after a herniated disk. I probably could but I don't want to chance it. We are arriving in Honolulu on the 11th. The only concerns my wife has about this cruise is being bored on the sea days. I did have another question, about the ship leaving at midnight, do we board that morning or afternoon and the ship just stays in port?

Thanks again,
ScottC
Old January 28th, 2002, 10:51 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Scott...sorry to hear about your back, but not to worry, there's plenty to do and see in the islands without golfing.
With this group, and the activities we have planned, as well as the regular onboard activities I'll be very suprised if either of you have time to be bored<G>
As to boarding the ship.. you can board the ship in the afternoon, and settle in and enjoy exploring and adjusting to your new home, or you can board, get settled, and then go off again to enjoy Honolulu. Just have to be back onboard an hour before sailing time.

Regards,
Kuki
Old February 15th, 2002, 08:38 PM
MisterEd

The sea days are our favorites. There's plenty to do or not do as you choose. You picked a wonderful first cruise, only problem is it'll spoil you for later on :-)) .
Old February 16th, 2002, 08:26 PM
susancruzs

Hi, Scott! Welcome to the cruise! I remember going on a cruise with all those sea days and thinking what would I do and now I try to take cruises with more sea time!!! I travel by myself so I have to work a little harder at entertaining myself!!! There is plenty to do and the Kuki/Pamda team have cooked up some extra events for us! If you want, your wife can email me and I'll tell her some of the things available! Generally cruise lines pack the sea days pretty well with something for everyone! Susan will be cruisin on the Summit, too!
Old March 2nd, 2002, 11:33 PM
First Mate

Sounds like you guys will have a great time. We are planning a cruise to Hawaii next year. Can you let me know how the Summit was and how the seas were going north to Vancouver.
Thanks