Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > CruiseMates Group Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

CruiseMates Group Cruises Details about CruiseMates Group Cruises- Share the fun and anticipation with other CruiseMates sailing on them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 23rd, 2004, 09:35 PM
SharB

Default Re: Getting Near! Last Minute Pride Cruisemates Posts

Capt Ron just got home from work and I made him sit down and go through the pictures. Now he's excited! We KNOW we can depend on Harry to post a review, I'll try my best to do the same.

Shar
Old January 23rd, 2004, 10:14 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Vikki, thanks so much for the photo link. Shar, how the hell are you gonna pull yourself away from that cabin??? Man, the doors are gorgeous and all the granite.

You Category 11 people have so much to look forward to!!

Harry <--- jealous

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old January 23rd, 2004, 11:25 PM
SharB

Hi Jealous!!

I was just saying the same thing. WHY would we want to leave that room? The corner window on the bedroom blew me away. Capt Ron says it looks good for the BYOB party (maybe more than one). :o)

Harry, Mike, & Hiram: While I'm thinking about it, the Concordia tour is supposed to be back NLT 1:30. I've gotten everyone's checks and we're in good shape. I hope you'll consider doing lunch with us in town. I'll send you the e-mail I received from Frank explaining the time constraints.

We can talk about it more on-board or even during the tour, but I'm afraid I'll need all six of you to be in agreement, since we'll only be able to do one drop-off to the ship after the morning trip.

If you change your mind, after seeing Frank's tour description - you are more than welcome to join us for the afternoon city tour.

Please e-mail me if you have any questions, OK?
Old January 24th, 2004, 12:12 PM
Admiral

Sounds great ... I will look forward to the email.

Oh, and don't hate me, but .....

We just booked a 2-nighter on the bran new Diamond Princess for March!

Got an inside guarantee for $99 including port!

Too cheap to stay at home -- and a brand new ship.

They just subbed in the cruise because it is hitting the West Coast a couple days early. More details on the Cruise Bazaar here.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old January 24th, 2004, 01:53 PM
SharB

Yea!!!! Another cruise. Are you planning on making them monthly, now?

What a life. :o)

Sharf
Old January 25th, 2004, 11:25 AM
SharB

Default She's In Port!

Just checked and she's sitting there, waiting for us. I started sorting and ironing clothes to get them ready for the suitcases. Gonna put in the unrinkleables today.

Harry: I went to the web site for the Diamond Princess cruise and didn't see any details - are there any (like the date, any ports, etc.)?

Whale Watching in PV: Did any of you decide to check on the tour with Capt Pete? It goes from 9am to 4:30pm and includes open bar, snacks, and lunch for only $56 (if you say you are part of my group). We went last year and it was really great. The Dos Ninos is a beautiful sailboat and just sings when they hoist the sails. During the whale watching portion, the boat captain only uses the motor.

Here's his info:

You can forward my web address ( www.travelvallarta.com ) to your friends or have them call me at my toll free phone number below.

Se yall soon
Capt. Pete

Fishing/Sailing Unlimited
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Toll Free Phone:1- 877-301-2058
Toll Free Phone: 1-877-301-2731
Local Phone Vallarta: 22-10920
Local Phone Vallarta: 20-90005
United States Office 1-281-914-4153
Old January 25th, 2004, 11:48 AM
Admiral

One week to go!

Just remembered he Pride is in port today. Here is the link again for the web cam:

http://www.kroooz-cams.com/ports/l_beach.htm

Shar the mini-cruise is Thursday March 11th and back Saturday the 13th. It's no where to be found on any sites 'cause it was so last minute. We booked a gurantee ... I hope the ship won't be full in hopes of a really good upgrade. I also got my lender to book the cruise, so we are sailing together.

I still have yet to even get started packing/planning. I guess I will try and do the clothes list today, but once again am working all day (7 days in a row today). I think I've had 4 days off since Jan. 11th.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old January 25th, 2004, 11:52 AM
Admiral

I read this note on the Carnival board from MichelleM, with details on boarding at the Queen Mary. Thought we all would find it useful:

"You might just make the Queen Mary check-in. I think it stays open until about 11:30am and then the check-in people shut down that facility and move over to the boarding facility to set up and check in there. There will be signs pointing you to the checkin area on the QM so you can check real quick to see if it is still up and running. Otherwise there will be two lines at the boarding facility (looks like a giant golf ball). One line is for those who need to check in and the other is for those who have already checked in. Make sure you are in the right line so you don't waste your time. The lines start moving about noon.

"The ship doesn't sail until 4pm (have to be on board at 3:30pm) so you can always board the Pride and have lunch get off and then tour the QM if you wish. We had plenty of time to kill so we toured the QM before boarding. It was interesting and since it is a self-paced tour you can go as fast or as slow as you wish."

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old January 25th, 2004, 11:59 AM
Admiral

Watch out, Pride -- here we come! (See attachment)

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old January 26th, 2004, 06:35 AM
Passenger

I keep forgetting to check this message board since it is not sending email reminders but, I am glad I did this time…

Shar, thanks for reminding everyone about the whale watching tour. To be perfectly honest, I completely forgot to make reservations. Instead of trying to read through the entire thread on both messages, I am going to cut to the chase… What exactly should we do, who do we pay, etc? How is Transportation arranged to and from the ship? Thanks!!

On a different subject, the ID badges are now completed for everyone and the look great. They will make great mementos of this cruise.

I am still working on the door art but should be done in the next day or so.

We are really looking forward to meeting everyone!

Mike
Old January 26th, 2004, 09:48 AM
SharB

Default PV Whale Watching

Mike,
I just sent you an e-mail. We sure hope you'll join us!!
Old January 26th, 2004, 11:36 AM
Admiral

Ay, ay, ay -- I still have to get my clothes ready for the cleaners ... that's gonna have to wait a day or two -- been swamped with work (worked all weekend and back at it today)

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old January 26th, 2004, 11:51 AM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to snowyowlone

All right people I have had it with this weather! I need warmth! I woke up this morning to about 5 inches of snow and it's still snowing. Took me 3 hours to plow my driveway. My DH had a 3 1/2 hour drive to work ( normally 1 1/2). The temps are around 10 degree F. I need a warm vacation! Is it Saturday yet? I need a drink too. Ok I feel a litttle better now I just had to vent some steam. Anxiously waiting for Saturday!

Mardi Gras 5X in the 80's
Holiday 93
Legend 03
Pride 2-1-04
Sensation 2-21-04
Valor 1-29-06
Next cruise 6-16-2010 on the Miracle!!!
Old January 26th, 2004, 12:37 PM
SharB

Hi Snowy!
Oh brrrrrr. It's sunny but cold, here in the Mojave Desert. I was late to work because I had to get the ice off my car windows. But then again, it takes me 10 minutes to get to work :o)

Just picture the view from your balcony.

Harry! I don't know what to do with you. I certainly understand the work thing, but do your clothes really need to go to the cleaners? Just pack them - we don't care :o)

Shar
(sneaking out messages from work)
Old January 26th, 2004, 06:15 PM
Yeoman

Shar, Harry and the others, I talked and e-mailed today with Capt. Pete about the whale watching tour in PV. We do not have to send him a deposit (he says we're honest). Anyway he wanted to know how many of us are going. So far I count my wife and I, Shar and Capt. Ron.

Heres whats going on to all you who don't know. In PV Feb.4th a whale watching tour on a 50' sail boat that can only accomodate 15 people. It leaves at 9:00 am and comes back at 4:30 pm. It includes an open bar, lunch, snacks and a hydrophone to listen to the whales underwater. All this for $56.00 p.p. (can't beat the price). Capt. Pete is licensed and insured. We stay in PV till 10:00 pm that night so theres plenty of time. The boat dock is supposed to be a 3 min. taxi ride from our ship. Don't know how many others are going so if you want to let me know asap I will tell Capt. Pete.
Old January 26th, 2004, 06:32 PM
SharB

Hi Cruiseguy!

Great news that you and Lonnie are coming! Mike and Dyanna Lari will be joining us, so that makes six. We can split the cost of the van over to the pier.

Shar
Old January 26th, 2004, 06:44 PM
Yeoman

Shar, great, now what about Harry and Art?
Old January 26th, 2004, 06:45 PM
SharB

http://www.travelvallarta.com/whales.htm

Here's the URL to see a photo of the sail boat. She's the old wood kind, not the faster fiberglass. She's very lovely and really moves when the sails are out!!!

Cruiseguy: Our messages crossed paths, since I'd just sent Capt Pete an e-mail asking him to confirm the prices. Thanks for taking the lead on this.

He's really offering us a fantastic deal, that's why we coming back for a second go at it!!
Old January 26th, 2004, 06:48 PM
SharB

In response to Cruiseguy:

Hey! Harry and Art! Open bar!!!! Only $56 each :o)

Shar
Old January 26th, 2004, 10:19 PM
Admiral

We have a fun trip from the posts!

Art and I wanna do our walk-about tour and lunch on the malecon in PV, so count us out in PV, but have a fab-o time!!!

And to Snowy -- 70+ degrees every where, plus the ship has a glass dome for one of the pools. You will definitely warm up!!!!

And Shar regarding dry cleaning, we do it more for wrinkles than anything else. Plus, with our frequent cruising, we have few to send off -- suits are good still ... just need to do a shirt or two for pressing.

Harry (can't wait for that balcony 6 days from now!!! and so looking forward to our Mazatlan Concordia tour!

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old January 26th, 2004, 11:06 PM
911Marci

HI All:

Packing and ironing.......ughhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! Am sure I have packed way too much, but the weather is freaking me out....it is cold here, and looks like the warm weather has cooled in PV and Mazatlan..........was planning on t shirts and capris in port....now am worried.....

Harry: can you give me the name of the TA you used to book the Diamond?? I would love to book that same cruise......my email is whytshldrz@aol.com Would you mind if we joined you?????????

Only two more days of work................I have no printer, so can't print a door sign like all of you lucky guys...........

More later....
Marci/911 Chick
Old January 26th, 2004, 11:15 PM
Admiral

Marci, I was just gonna see if you were out there!!!!!

Don't worry about the weather -- there is a glass dome over one of the pools. Check the "weather channel" online for best weather forecast (I wlll post, too, in the next day or so) but mid-70s.

Marci, the Diamond is all booked -- sorry. But to check: cruisebargains.com.

Know what you mean about the end of work -- gonna be busy for me thru Thursday.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old January 27th, 2004, 11:57 AM
Admiral

Here is the latest weather report ...

Sunday - Long Beach: Partly cloudy with highs of 67 and a low of 45

Still to early to check, but latest news within a couple days of our arrival:

Puerto Vallarta - partly cloudy and 80 degrees

Mazatlan - Partly cloudy and 81 degrees

Cabo - Partly cloudy and 75 degrees

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old January 27th, 2004, 05:20 PM
SharB

Default Stateroom Update

Here is the listing of all the stateroom numbers I could find on our postings for the Pride on 1 February.

Shar - 5295

Harry - 8277

Cruiseguy - 4228

Mike - 8232

Marci - 6262

Hiram - 8162

Snowy-8271
Old January 27th, 2004, 05:22 PM
SharB

Default Re: Re: Getting Near! Last Minute Pride Cruisemates Posts

Marci!
If you can send me your sign, I'd be happy to print it out. My last day of work is Thursday, so I'd need to get it no later than 5pm.

Shar
Old January 27th, 2004, 09:43 PM
Admiral

Phew! Got my clothes picked out this afternoon (and the ones that need to go to the cleaners). Art is next.

Harry <--- still working away

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old January 28th, 2004, 09:44 AM
Passenger

Hi Everyone,

Well, just a few days left and we are out of here. I am so tired of fog and rain here in the Sacramento area but at least I don’t have to deal with the snow like snowyonlone!

I attached a sample photo of the badges we have created for everyone… I hope these will do.

Quick question… on Royal Caribbean, they always offered sea sick pills for free, Princess always charges for them so, what is Carnival’s Policy? I rarely have a need to take them but, I like to take them as a precaution, especially when sailing in the Pacific Ocean. For some reason, the water is much choppier than it is on the Atlantic. Another reason for having them is to take them on the day that we go whale watching in PV. A 50’ yacht is not nearly as smooth as a cruise ship and it is no fun if you start out by being sick on an 8 hour tour. It can make for a very long day!

I didn’t get any photos from anyone else for the “Who’s Who section of the website”, so I guess we will take them when we get on the ship and add them to the gallery when we return home.

Shar, did you ever find out what the final price of the whale watching in PV should be? When we pay, should we use US dollars, credit card or Mexican currency?

Thanks for the weather update Harry… I think we are all in denial when it comes to choosing clothes to wear. I find myself wanting to pack wet weather gear, jackets, etc. It really helps knowing what the conditions are down there.

Mike

Old January 28th, 2004, 10:01 AM
SharB

Hi Mike!
I'd highly recommend bringing (and taking) some bonine, just in case. I also always carry a baggie with candied ginger. This came in real handy last year on the sailboat. One of the younger ladies on the boat was sunning herself out on the bow. When we began racing around after the whales, she got a LOT of motion up there. She went down into the cabin to be near the head. After about a half hour, I convinced her to try some ginger. She was in good shape in about 10 minutes!

Capt Pete confirmed the price of $56 per person for PV whale watching. You will need to bring US cash. Also plan on a little extra to tip the captain and cabin boy on Dos Ninos.

The badges look great!!!

PS - I'm still taking a rain coat! :o)
Old January 28th, 2004, 10:23 AM
Passenger

Thanks for the update Shar,

When I talked to Captain Pete, he said that it never rained in February in the 17 years that he has been there... we shall see!

Oh, for those who are going to tour the Queen Mary, here is a link for a discount coupon:

http://www.queenmary.com/html/discount.php4

What the heck, a buck is a buck and a $5.00 discount is a pretty good discount in my book.

Mike
Old January 28th, 2004, 12:13 PM
SharB

Regarding the discount coupon, I understood that we can tour Queen Mary for approx $6, when you do the early check in with Carnival. If I get some time, I'll check for the post.

Shar