Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > CruiseMates Group Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

CruiseMates Group Cruises Details about CruiseMates Group Cruises- Share the fun and anticipation with other CruiseMates sailing on them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 21st, 2004, 10:57 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin
Default Getting Near! Last Minute Pride Cruisemates Posts

After 200 messages, let's start a new board with last-minute planning for our Cruisemates sailing Feb 1 on the Pride!!

Harry (Panorama level, top, balcony, one suite in from the right on the top floor)

[b]Get Lei'd!
Sponsored Links
Old January 21st, 2004, 10:59 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Getting Near! Last Minute Pride Cruisemates Posts

Kaka -- still have not picked out clothes!!!! That's for thisweekend!!

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old January 21st, 2004, 11:05 PM
Admiral

This coming Sunday is our last chance to see the ship in port before departing, so here is the link again:

http://www.kroooz-cams.com/ports/l_beach.htm

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old January 21st, 2004, 11:17 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to HiramC

We'll be doing clothes this weekend also. Really hope we have enough room - my wife is
a habitual overpacker With the chilly days we've been having here in Monterey, I can't
wait for beautiful Mexico! Let's all keep our fingers crossed for sunshine.

Hiram
Old January 22nd, 2004, 12:11 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

I'm leaving tomorrow for Miami, and the CruiseMates Spirit Group Cruise. Though "my group" has been shy and hiding in the shadows, I've sailed with many of them before, and know we're going to have a great time!

And since I won't be back before you guys cruise, I want to wish you all a BON VOYAGE. Just from following your posts, I'm sure you'll all have a GREAT time... and show the Pride your CruiseMates Pride <G>

Old January 22nd, 2004, 12:32 AM
SharB

Thanks, Kuki!

And Bon Voyage to you and your Cruisemates!!
Old January 22nd, 2004, 12:41 AM
SharB

Gee, guys!

Do you think Harry's getting excited? Hahaha

I've got a "basic" idea of what clothes are going with us. We use the Dryal bags in our dryer rather than take clothes to the cleaners. So far, it seems to work really well.

Hiram: Harry mentioned quite a while back about there being storage under the couch in the rooms, maybe you'll find enough extra space there. When you two get in your room and meet your steward, be sure to ask him/her for clothes hangers. You can never have enough!!! :o)

Shar
Old January 22nd, 2004, 08:41 AM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to snowyowlone
Default Re: Re: Getting Near! Last Minute Pride Cruisemates Posts

Hey all,
I checked the port cam too and saw a white screen. I then later checked it again and there was the Pride. I think the sun must of been hitting the camera. We were going to watch her sail away, but we started watching the ship cams. My kids got a kick out of watching the people on the computers. We put our suitecases under the beds on the Legend. I thought they had a lot of closet space. We (four of us) way over packed and we still had plenty of room. We are not packing like that again. Are you all going to have signs on your doors? I 'am not part of your group, but I would like to say HI. Do you now were you guys are going to have your first meeting? What is your groups grand total of people? I have 8 people in my group. I need to hog tie my family this weekend so we can pack. When it cames to packing they seem to disappear making me do it. Well back to reading the boards again.

Mardi Gras 5X in the 80's
Holiday 93
Legend 03
Pride 2-1-04
Sensation 2-21-04
Valor 1-29-06
Next cruise 6-16-2010 on the Miracle!!!
Old January 22nd, 2004, 11:14 AM
SharB

Hi Snowy!
I really appreciate your input into these boards (I've read your posts elsewhere, too!)

I got too busy and forgot to check back to the Long Beach cam.

I will have a sign on my door - don't know about everyone else - how about it guys?

I'll repost our room numbers (those we've heard from) in a future post, Capt Ron and I are in 5295. What room are you in?

Mike is our host and will need to get back to us on our "first" meeting. Unfortunately, our get-acquainted cocktail party was scheduled near the end of our cruise. (He's trying to change it).

We have 15 people in our group and are seated for late dining.

More later!

Shar
Old January 22nd, 2004, 11:37 AM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to HiramC

I'm pretty sure we have the late seating as well, but we'll see.

I'm not worried about room on the ship, but if she has enough luggage

My wife and I are in 8162.

Hiram
Old January 22nd, 2004, 12:41 PM
Admiral

Those drawers under the sofa are great -- the only time I've ever seen 'em. We use 'em to store the extra blankets and pillows during the day.

Work is keeping me mega-busy ... I'm trying not to stress with so much to fit in between everything else. Last night to get to sleep, I just imagined me lying on the chaise at the aft pool, watching the wake go by.

Ahhhhhh

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old January 22nd, 2004, 01:20 PM
SharB

Sounds theraputic to me!!

Harry, are you guys gonna decorate your door?

Shar
Old January 22nd, 2004, 01:39 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to snowyowlone

Hi all,

What drawers under the sofa?! I did not see it on our Legend cruise, I 'll have to look for it this time.
Our room is 8271,but we have 8273 and 8275. We are with family on my husbands side. My second cruise is with my family. It will be interesting with my group because I have some first timers. One gets bored easy. Plus no one is a drinker( not saying we do'nt put them away at times) so getting them to have fun might be hard. I 'am not worried we are going to have a blast! See ya

Mardi Gras 5X in the 80's
Holiday 93
Legend 03
Pride 2-1-04
Sensation 2-21-04
Valor 1-29-06
Next cruise 6-16-2010 on the Miracle!!!
Old January 22nd, 2004, 01:55 PM
Yeoman

Shar, Harry and all the rest, packing is a b****. Last night I tried on 10 pairs of slacks and only 4 fit. Off to the store today (even my 2 suits did'nt fit). Soooooooo!! Harry I know what you mean, in our business you have to take it when you can get it. Same thing happened to me, mid-last week I started to get swamped. BUT IT AIN'T GONNA STOP MY CRUISE!!!!!!

Anyway, our room is 4228, main deck, corner room. Are any of us planning on dinner at Davids? Glad to see another thread started (I have dial-up). I think we set some kind of new record for Cruisemates Posts. So peoples, see you there.
Old January 22nd, 2004, 08:30 PM
Admiral

Cruiseguy -- glad we could help with the dial-up!

Snowy, the drawers are *very* easy to miss -- the first time I learned of 'em was our second to last night on board the Spirit (we had a table with 3 women sharing the balcony cabin). Just look for the teeny leather pulls, as on the closets. The drawers are huge.

Shar, the door fun sounds interesting ... I will do something up on Publisher for us and can pack the magnets I have saved from other cruise lines.

And good for you Cruiseguy baout the business -- my idea is to say this was booked far before the business was here. Plus, luckily, I have clients who will wait to go the market till I get back.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old January 22nd, 2004, 09:22 PM
Yeoman

Harry, I'm lucky to have friends in my office that handle my business when I'm gone (I do the same for them, works out great). Just got back from the store a little while ago. Bought a new black suit AND a tuxedo, I'll be looking good and styling so don't all of you start gettin jealous now. 9 more days now, it's like waiting for Christmas
Old January 22nd, 2004, 11:01 PM
SharB

Cruiseguy:
Wow! You are bound to look great!! All we'll need to do is look for the "James Bond" type.

We live too far away from any decent shopping, so we make do. The only major clothing store we have is Mervyns. Bummer. At least it's a good place to get dockers and shirts.

Do I understand correctly that Carnival just has the two formal nights and the rest are casual?

I have to put my mind in a summer mode and it's really hard with the winter temps here in the Sierra foothills. At least I was able to buy myself a new pair of dressy sandles.

I have only 5 more work days until we leave. YEA!!!!!!!!
Old January 22nd, 2004, 11:02 PM
Admiral

Cruiseguy .. .we had to do the same 2 cruises ago ... none of our suits fit anymore.

I am lucky, too, a friend watches my business, but you know how you try to get it all in order.

Man, gonna dream tonight about sitting at the aft pool with the wake going behind me. I ordered a book yesterday through bookfinder.com to do some pool reading. It's "Coroner" by Thomas Noguchi -- coroner to the stars. That should raise eye brows poolside!

Shar, gonna do the door decoration this weekend -- should read "Cruisemates Sailing - Aft or Bust!"

:-)

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old January 22nd, 2004, 11:03 PM
Admiral

Shar, we trans-posted. But yes, only two formal nights.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old January 22nd, 2004, 11:07 PM
Admiral

Just thought of this -- I can make signs up for all our doors and email a link (it will be through Microsoft Publisher ... if that's a problem, I can also do a Microsoft Word doc.

Hmmmm -- this will get 'em talking on the Pride!!!!

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old January 22nd, 2004, 11:09 PM
Admiral

Final note for the night -- what can we hang/fly/light from *all* our balconies and take a pic to show we are Cruisemates (and friends) sailing ... give it a thought.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old January 23rd, 2004, 01:05 AM
SharB

Harry,
I've already made a 8 1/2 x 11 sign for our door, but would be happy to include whatever you come up with! My poster is at work, but I'll forward it to you tomorrow.

For the balconies (just an idea) - Maybe we should bring red, black, and gold balloons and hang them from the railing of our balconies (?)

I'm not sure, but from the info we've gotten, Harry, Marci, Cruiseguy, and we are the only ones with aft balconies.

Are there any other Cruisemates lurking out there (cruising with us) with aft balconies?
Old January 23rd, 2004, 01:39 AM
Yeoman

Hows this for a poster. CRUISEMATES? YOU BET YOUR SWEET AFT.
Old January 23rd, 2004, 04:49 AM
Passenger

Hi Harry, SharB, HiramC, Cruiseguy, Marci911, snowyowlone, vegaschris, Freddig and anyone else traveling with us that I may have missed!

I was wondering why my email became suddenly quiet. I realized that Harry created a new thread. Unfortunately, again, I can’t read replies to this thread because there is no checkbox for emailing this again. Since it is so close to our sailing date, I am not going to worry about this now. I will do my very best to check on the messages every day.

It has been the same for me as far as being busy and the time is really flying. I haven’t had much time to think about the cruise and starting Monday, I am going to start organizing my stuff for the trip.

I have a suit that I haven’t worn in 2 years… I wonder if it still fits. Hee hee… maybe I am not as tall as I used to be (or is it thin?). Anyway, I am not sure what I will do if it doesn’t fit anymore… to late to get it tailored so, I guess I will have to wing it.

We haven’t made a door sign yet either but, I will come up with something this weekend.

We are making I.D. tags for everyone in the group this weekend so, we will be using the full formal names that were provided to me. If you prefer just first names only, let me know and I will do that for you. I will also include your message board alias so everyone can recognize you by that name too!

I will add more as I think of it!

Mike
Old January 23rd, 2004, 11:13 AM
SharB

Cruiseguy! I LOVE it!!! The only place I know to make a banner like that would be Hallmark, do you have a source? It would be cool to make one for each of us "afters" to hang.

That's cool (this just came to mind)...CRUISEMATES AFTER CLUB :o)

Hi Mike! I'm not sure if we need our last names on the ID Tags, but I'm game either way. Can we make plans for you to go out and shoot a photo of the AFTER gang on their balconies? Maybe in the afternoon from PV?

Shar
Old January 23rd, 2004, 01:13 PM
Admiral

Shar has a fantastic door sign available (through Word). Ask and she or I can email it to you.

Mike know what you mean about the suits -- I was wondering why all of mine shrunk. :-)

Hmmm gotta think of something to do for the balcony now.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old January 23rd, 2004, 05:58 PM
Yeoman

Harry I think your right, the suits just---shrunk, because I know I'm not fat (just short for my weight)
Old January 23rd, 2004, 06:26 PM
Cruise Maniac

Just wanted all of you guys to know that I hope you have a great cruise and expect to see alot of reviews of the Pride being posted by the middle of February!! we are on the Pride in March in a cat. 11 aft suite (8268) and want to hear all about the AFT experience. I found a great photo gallery of the aft suite if you are interested.
http://www.cruise-addicts.com/pictur...w.php?uid=1431

Have a great cruise!!! (sorry for crash'in)

Vikki
Old January 23rd, 2004, 09:01 PM
SharB

Hi Vikki!

Can't thank you enough for posting the URL for those GREAT photos! You are very welcome joining us in our excitement. I have only 4 more work days and it's blowing MY MIND!!!

Shar
Old January 23rd, 2004, 09:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

I have noticed from reading these boards, that Harry is really great about sharing his experience's and photo's. I hope ALL of you on this cruise will remember those of us who are waiting with great anticipation (as you are now) to share your experience with those who follow you. There have been so many people who have sailed the Pride and not very many reviews. I am sure it is because they are either depressed that it is over, or are busy planning their next cruise!!! I am glad that you enjoyed the pictures. I got really excited when I found them, because it seems that the AFT rooms seem to have a different layout from the Carnival Pictures. Is that a balcony or what???

Cheers!

Vikki