Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > CruiseMates Group Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

CruiseMates Group Cruises Details about CruiseMates Group Cruises- Share the fun and anticipation with other CruiseMates sailing on them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 8th, 2004, 09:10 PM
911Marci

Default WEST COAST CRUISERS BACK FROM 2-1-04 PRIDE CRUISE

We are back!!! Sadly....I already miss my extended balcony........the Pride is a truely lovely ship, and I really enjoyed myself!!

Will be working on a review, as I am sure my other Cruise Mates will be too.....hi to Harry and Art, Hiriam and Ann, Mike and Dyanna, Tammy, Shar and Ron, Gary and his wife.....we all had a great time, and it was so nice to meet when we already knew each other....the ice was already broken....thanks to everyone who was so kind to my mother and I, especially after she hurt her leg in Mazatlan....wait until I tell you what took place after we went through customs which was a breeze. I will be bashing an Immigration officer (whose name and badge number I forgot to get, I was so upset) here at a later point, you won't believe what he said to us....

Highlights of the trip for me were dining with my fellow cruise mates, eating at David's Supper Club, sitting out on my balcony when leaving ports or sitting out on my balcony early in the morning after room service had brought nice little pasteries and coffee, enjoying the quiet and the sea-so peaceful....people watching at any hour of the day or night.....

Hope everyone arrived home safely....let's talk about our trip here....miss you guys....

Marci/911 Chick
Sponsored Links
Old February 8th, 2004, 09:26 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin
Default Re: WEST COAST CRUISERS BACK FROM 2-1-04 PRIDE CRUISE

Marci, more positive later, but see my post under Chit-Chat -- maybe we had the same jerk?

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old February 8th, 2004, 10:16 PM
SharB

Hi Marci!
I'm just fixing dinner (boohoo) and probably won't get back to the board until tomorrow. Can't believe all four of you had problems at immigration! We really lucked out, got off the ship by approx 9:15 and were able to get an honest cabbie who took us directly to our hotel for less than $7. We gave him the $10 we planned on spending and he acted very appreciative. We were on the road home by 10:00. Unbelievable!

We really enjoyed all the Cruisemates. Don't think we could have arranged a nicer group. We're still sad that we couldn't share the table with Harry and Art, but at least we got the Mazatlan trip and views from the balcony!!

More soon!

Shar
Old February 9th, 2004, 09:37 AM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to snowyowlone

Hi Everybody,
I don't want to be home.
Yesterday while on the ship I called my friend that was taking care of my house and animals. Well my 14 year old dog Shadow had been doing really bad all week. She did all she could for him but it was time. So I told her if she could get a vet out to go ahead and put him down. She called me back before we got off, she put him down. my husband and I knew but I did not tell my girls till we got home last night. It did not seem real while there because I was with friends and family,but now that I'am home it's very hard. I keep pictureng him lying in his bed. I just want him back. I need to read about cruising to keep me going or I'll keep looking for him. Yesterday was hard because I did not want my girls to now till we got home. Thanks all for listening.

Mardi Gras 5X in the 80's
Holiday 93
Legend 03
Pride 2-1-04
Sensation 2-21-04
Valor 1-29-06
Next cruise 6-16-2010 on the Miracle!!!
Old February 9th, 2004, 10:31 AM
Admiral

Oh how sad, Tammy! But what a thoughtful Mom you were to the girls.

Hugs to you,
Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old February 9th, 2004, 12:37 PM
SharB

Tammy,
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. We have had to put three dogs to sleep over the last two years and it's been very hard on us. I still see my doggies running around the house - even though they are no longer with us. I was especially close to my whippet, he was white and is always racing back and forth through the garden we have in the middle of our house. I like to believe they'll always be with us, even if we can't hold them anymore.

Shar
Old February 10th, 2004, 02:05 PM
911Marci

Tammy:

I was so glad that we were able to meet, and my mom and I so enjoyed our talk that night, and meeting your darling daughter. Did she tell you we saw her the night of her talent show and talked a little???

I am so sorry about your Shadow. I think the only reason that I wanted to get home was to see my two old siamese cats, 17 years old. They are my babies and spoiled rotten...now since I am home, they won't let me out of their sight....I can tell that they really missed me. I got my Scotty back from the vet, and he has two sores on each hind leg and is coughing, so I am madder than hell. I started him on amoxicillian....if he is still coughing tomorrow, will take him back to that vet and give them the business....he was fine when I took him there, and they charged me $275. for 10 days boarding and giving him his medication.

My heart is so sad for you, I know how you will miss Shadow, and can imagine how the kids feel......our animals are just like our children. Each animal has it's own personality and loving traits, just like every human. The unconditional love they give us can't be explained...but that is what makes them so much a part of our lives and family.

If you would like to talk, please drop me an email-I have a good ear and shoulder to lean on....

Wish we had met earlier in the week so that we might have hung out together....it was kind of hard for me with my mom, once she hurt her leg....I would have liked to see some of the shows and the karaoke, and piano bar, but she could not walk the distance and I did not want to leave her alone.

Take care everyone and I will talk to you later.....

Marci/911 Chick
Old February 10th, 2004, 02:45 PM
Admiral

Hey we can relate on the neurotic pets -- Andy (our Maltese) has been *so* whiney for the last 2 days. Every time I leave the room it's like the world is caving in.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old February 10th, 2004, 03:09 PM
SharB

It was so cute when we picked our "kids" up from the doggie hotel. When Banjo saw me (picture this) it was like the two lovers running in slow motion on the beach. As soon as he saw me he got a big smile and ran up, curling himself around me (he's kinda long) After a VERY quick greeting he headed for the van, followed quickly by Sammy. They left mommy and daddy in the dust. Good thing we didn't leave the keys in the car :o)

Shar
Old February 10th, 2004, 10:44 PM
Admiral

Shar -- I love that feeling ... you should have heard Andy "sing" when we got home (Art's sister's boyfriend taught him to howl). It's a kick.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old February 11th, 2004, 09:01 AM
Passenger

Thanks all,

I still have my other dogs to hug. One of them seems a little depressed so I give him a big hug when ever I go outside. He was alittle closer to Shadow. My other dog is just to hyper to be depressed. She jumps as high as my face all the time. I also found out the other day that one of my outside cats was found dead in the snow. I think he was sick because he seemed kinda wierd before we left. I'am not going to tell the girls for a while because I know that Bobbie (9) will not take it well. I think we had a tornado hit my house when we got back because we have suitcases and clothes laying all over my house. I need a maid, where's our room steward? Where's the bar waiter I need a drink too. I get to pack all over again for our trip next week. Man this is a busy month for us. I just wanted to say how much fun I had meeting you all. It was fun going on a trip and knowing that I knew people. On our next cruise I know four families that have kids so that is going to be fun too. Well talk to you later.

Holiday 93
Legend 03
Pride 2-1-04
Sensation 2-21-04
Valor 1-29-06
Old February 11th, 2004, 11:34 AM
Admiral

Tammy have fun on the cruise with your mom!

Harryy

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old February 11th, 2004, 12:42 PM
SharB

Harry!
Wow! That's really cute about Andy. Banjo does this Scooby Doo yodle that I haven't been able to get him to do on que. He usually does it when he first sees us or when he wakes up in the morning. I'd love to record it, but it's real random.

Tammy:
Have a great trip!!!

Marci:
I hope Donna is doing better.

Two of our cats have disappeared. We're going to the pound today to see if our "friendly" neighbor took them over. Snow was missing before we left, so I'm afraid we'll never see her again. Silly was hanging close to the food bowl and even said good by to us. That leaves Rusty, who seems extremely lonely. Now, if I could only get Banjo do get along with him :o(

Shar
Old February 11th, 2004, 04:35 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Now that all you west coast cruisemates have had a taste of a CruiseMates group cruise, you should ALL look at joining us in May on RCI's Serenade.

I believe they're still offering the reduced air ($99) from the west coast.

Already well over 30 of us booked, and sure it's going to grow.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old February 11th, 2004, 08:32 PM
cruisingKandJ

Tammy:
I'm really sory about the loss of your dog, Shadow. I lost my dear Siamese, Bozo, in September. He was 17. I still miss him very much. I expect to have him "help" me make the bed. I expect to find him curled up on his blanket, and on and on. They become real members of the family.

J.
Old February 11th, 2004, 10:03 PM
Admiral

Golly, it seems a lot of folks had pet woes after their return.

I think we need some photos to recall the good times.

I'll post ours tomorrow!

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old February 12th, 2004, 11:41 AM
SharB

We'll post our photos as soon as we can. Good news, we were able to find one of our kits at the pound. Evidently, one of our thoughtful neighbors took her over last Wednesday, so she'd been at the pound for a week. She was curled up in a tight ball in the back of the cage. The other cats were all making their presence known when people enter the room, so I doubt if anyone would have given her a second glance. She was sooo sad and it was especially hard on her because she's an outdoor cat. First thing she did when she got home was to climb into the third story of her kitty condo and go to sleep. She seemed a little better this morning, but I think she misses her sister. Her brother was real happy and gave her some kitt-hugs and kisses.
Old February 12th, 2004, 03:09 PM
Admiral

Oh how wonderful you found her!

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old February 12th, 2004, 03:20 PM
SharB

Thanks, Harry! It's quite a relief. I tried getting an appointment to take the cats in for microchips and our vet's office is waiting for a new shipment - just hope the "nice" neighbor leaves them alone.
Old February 12th, 2004, 03:58 PM
Passenger

That's great Shar. All my other animals are letting me know that they are still here. Between dogs jumping on me, cats climbing my pant leg , horses screaming at me for dinner and birds squawking at me I know I'am needed. So now instead of the cold weather here we have a ton of snow. I will be so glad when next Friday cames around. I will be headed for warm Florida. We even warmer islands.

Holiday 93
Legend 03
Pride 2-1-04
Sensation 2-21-04
Valor 1-29-06
Old February 12th, 2004, 07:26 PM
SharB

Hi Snowy! And they say that our pets don't ask anything of us :o)

Have they asked to join you in Florida or are they just gonna get even when you come home? (maybe it'll be warmer by then)

I hope your girls are doing OK. Not to mention yourself.

Shar
Old February 12th, 2004, 08:15 PM
911Marci

Hi guys:

Shar, am glad that you found the one kitty.....Tammy, am sorry about your kitty too....since I arrived home, the two cats have tried to attach themselves to me......I can't even go to another room without them running after me crying.....

The dog has picked up barking at the vet's, and now barks at everything....and kind of yoodles.....this is all new since the trip.........hmmmmm

Mom is doing better on her leg, we were just tired on Monday and I still have to unpack/the worst part of the trip.....I have been sick since Monday, would like to think it is just not wanting to return to reality, but have to see the Dr. tomorrow....fever, head stuffed and coughing up.....yuk. Of course, my work thinks I have just planned to have an extended vacation.....I love working at a place that when you are sick you have to bring a note.....

Am already looking at cruises to book....think I will book the Diamond in Sept. or Oct. and the NCL Star in Feb.-they are doing an 8 night out of L.A. to Acapulco, Ixtapa, PV, and Cabo.....sounds pretty cool and they have 12 restaurants to eat at??????? Anyone ever sailed NCL????

Tammy, have a good trip and be safe.....

Talk to you all later....

Marci/911 Chicki
Old February 13th, 2004, 12:08 PM
Admiral

Marci, twothumbs up on the Acapulco trip -- Zijuantenjo is fantastic (at the Ixtapa stop). Both Art and I said we wanted to go again when we went at the end of October (search photo galleries under my name for tour photos).

We've been on NCL once on the Sky. Very elegant ships, and we love Personal Choice dining. To be honest, we were eying the same cruise for next year.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old February 18th, 2004, 07:28 PM
911Marci

Just booked the Carribean Princess to the Western Carribean..... can't wait.....

How is everyone?? Miss you and wonder how things are going????

Marci/911 Chick