Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > CruiseMates Group Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

CruiseMates Group Cruises Details about CruiseMates Group Cruises- Share the fun and anticipation with other CruiseMates sailing on them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 29th, 2004, 09:36 PM
Beginner

Default Horizon

Hi,

Has anyone ever sailed on the Celebrity ship "Horizon"? If so, I would appreciate any comments - good or bad.

I am sailing out of Norfolk on this ship in May.

You can email me at

c3c11@hotmail.com

Thanks so much, Cecil
Sponsored Links
Old March 8th, 2004, 06:17 PM
LONNIE

Default Re: Horizon

hey im Lonnie. I sailed on the horizon 2 years ago. It was a nice ship...but next to the newer ships that are out...it doesnt compare. Its a nice ship for first time crusiers. I went on the galaxy last year and that was even better..now im goin on the dawn which is bigger than the galaxy and newer..! but the horizon is a very good ship...great activies and great food. hope this helps..any other ?s feel free to ask
Old March 10th, 2004, 03:00 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Horizon

I have sailed on Horizon and her sister ship Zenith. Both are very nice "compact" examples of what is good with Celebrity. No muti story atriums but just enough of everything to have a great time.
Old March 15th, 2004, 01:32 PM
cm

Default Re: Horizon

My husband and I got back from a 10day ultimate Carb. cruise in November on the Horizon. Had previously been on the Enchantment of the Seas and Sovereign of the Seas. Ship was very nice and service was above and beyond. I did miss the openess of the Atrium since there isn't one on the Horizon and the Dining Room seemed a little cramped since I was used to the 2 story of the Enchantment. Food was very very good. Service in the dining room was unbelievable. We loved our tablemates and looked forward to dinner each nite. We even did a shore excursion together. It is a smaller ship and easy to navigate. I would not hesitate to cruise on the ship again. I was also told that older ships tend to be cheaper than the newer ones. Go and have a great time.