Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > CruiseMates Group Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

CruiseMates Group Cruises Details about CruiseMates Group Cruises- Share the fun and anticipation with other CruiseMates sailing on them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 22nd, 2004, 02:56 PM
John F

Default "Turkey Day" on the Victory

Hi Tweety: Priscilla and I decided to join your group of Cruisemates for the Thanksgiving cruise on the Victory. It is a terrific deal for sure. Hope we have
a big and merry group going in Nov. I see where Kuki and Geela are signed up
also. We will see you soon in Hawaii on the Serenade of the Seas. John F.
Sponsored Links
Old April 22nd, 2004, 11:00 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: "Turkey Day" on the Victory

Delighted to hear you and Priscilla have booked John! The deal is just too good to pass up. And I've had a great time on all my Thanksgiving cruises.

Perhaps after all the fun we have on Serenade, a bunch of the Get Lei'd Again gang will decide to join us as well.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old April 24th, 2004, 07:09 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hey John,
Thats great, sure wish I could get off work and go too, but there is also the Jewel cruise in Jan that I can look forward to. Check that out and see how that looks for you and Priscilla, you think?

Message Boards Moderator
Old April 24th, 2004, 08:35 AM
John F

Hi Donna: We won't be able to make that cruise on the new "Jewel" next Jan. I will be on my way to the western Pacific (Micronesia) for 3 weeks of scuba diving. Priscilla won't go on that trip. It hard core scuba diving and she is not a diver. Sorry, we can't
make that cruise with you guys. Shucks!! We would love to do them all!! John F.
Old April 25th, 2004, 05:09 AM
Admiral

Well, how about while you are off diving, Priscilla comes along on Jewel with us? Sounds like a plan to me.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old April 27th, 2004, 07:31 PM
Admiral

John so glad to hear that you will be joining us. It will be a lot of fun. Can't wait to see you and Priscilla again on Serenade.

Carnival Glory
Old June 11th, 2004, 04:41 PM
Admiral

Just heard from Donald and Yasmin. They are booked on Victory with us. It's looking good.......

If you haven't already booked, join us by clicking on the link in my signature

Carnival Glory
Old July 14th, 2004, 07:51 AM
Cruise Maniac

new cruisemate here!!! a couple of questions that i hope someone can reply to quickly....

today is a sale day at carnival, but in looking at the rates for the group cruise on the victory, i don't think carnivals prices will beat them. is it too late to join the group cruise? are there many people from these boards going on this cruise? i will be booking 3 cabins, will i get the shipboard credit, champagne, etc., for each cabin? i have never heard of this online TA before, anyone have any experience with them before? i am booking for my entire family (extended), will they all be invited to the cruise mates cocktail party or just myself and my husband?

thank you all for your help, glad i found this site!

next........victory for thanksgiving 04

Turkey Day on the Victory!!
Old July 14th, 2004, 09:36 AM
Admiral

Hi ya Purple...
First off... welcome to CruiseMates!!!

Yes, still time to get booked to join us on this cruise! And yes, if you book three cabins, each cabin is entitled to all the amenities listed in the promo! And everyone booked is invited to the complimentary cocktail party, and all planned activities.

The prices are exceptional, and its sure to be a GREAT cruise!!

As far as the agent, I wouldn't hesitate. Call Juli, or Shannon at CruisesatCost.com, on their toll free number, and talk to them, to get to know them a bit. I'm sure you'll find them knowledgable, and helpful.

The company has been around for a LONG time, and Juli, the owner, is extremely experienced in the business!!

I know a bunch of the people booked from previous CruiseMates group cruises, and I can assure you it's a friendly and welcoming group.

Old July 14th, 2004, 06:32 PM
Admiral

Purple good to meet you, glad you decided to come aboard. Welcome to Cruisemates.

I'll be hosting this cruise and we have lots of fun activities planned and would love to have you join us. Not a problem as Kuki said to get booked with us for this cruise. I have been working with Shannon and Juli and they are wonderful to work with. Each cabin will get a shipboard credit and the cocktail party is open to all who book.

Have also cruised with these people before and they are quite a fun group of people, who always enjoy meeting and greeting new people.

Hope you get it done. Keep us posted.

For Booking Information contact:

Shannon & Anna
Cruisesatcost.com

"Celebrating 15 years of making dreams come true!"
209-576-SHIP or 800-274-FUNN
or CLICK HERE TO BOOK ONLINE
juli@cruisecompany.com

Post Edited (07-14-04 18:34)

Carnival Glory
Old July 14th, 2004, 07:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

well we are booked and are happy to be joining you on this cruise! now i just have to figure out a way to pass the days until 11/21!! julie was great, and we couldn't pass up the prices! thanks for your quick replies and info.

Old July 14th, 2004, 10:03 PM
Admiral

Hey.. great that you booked to join us! Looking forward to meeting you and your family!

Old July 15th, 2004, 07:36 AM
Admiral

Purple really happy to hear that you have joined the group. You can always come here to the Cruisemates boards or to Chat on weeknights to help pass the time. That's what we all do.

Who all are in your extended family? Will be nice to meet them all.

We'll keep you posted on any activities we have planned and when it gets closer to the cruise we will set up a chat so everyone can get to know each other better.

Welcome aboard.

Carnival Glory
Old July 15th, 2004, 08:58 AM
Cruise Maniac

thanks for the warm welcome.

we are a family of 5, myself, husband two daughters 13 and 15 and a 7 year old son.

also with us are my husbands parents, both in their 60's and a close family friend also in her 60's.

we are from new hampshire, parents from florida, and friend from massachusetts.

this is our second cruise and the parents and friends first cruise.

we cruised in feb on the sensation and loved it.

Old July 15th, 2004, 04:48 PM
Admiral

We sailed on Sensation a few years ago for Thanksgiving and had a blast. I'm sure we will have an equally good time this cruise and you inlaws and family friend will come back totally addicted just like the rest of us.

There is a possiblity that my 14 (soon to be 15 year old) granddaughter will be coming along on this cruise and it will be nice for her to have others her age in our group.

Looking forward to meeting you all. It won't be long now.

Carnival Glory
Old July 16th, 2004, 07:29 AM
Cruise Maniac

I hope that i am worrying unnecessarily, but the TA has made several mistakes with my booking. Deducted my deposit from my account twice, put a wrong name on for one of the passengers, and now I'm looking at my bank acct. and it seems they have returned both deposits instead of just the erroneous one. I hope we can get everything straightened out before the weekend because I really want to get the airfare booked. I think I need a drink of the day!

Old July 16th, 2004, 04:02 PM
Admiral

Please let us know if everything got straightened out. This sounds VERY unusual for Juli.... but I suppose everyone can have a bad day.

Old July 16th, 2004, 07:02 PM
Admiral

Absolutely let us know if you don't get it straightened out. Like Kuki said it just might have been the end of a long week. I have heard nothing but good things about these ladies. Sorry you are having a problem.

Carnival Glory
Old July 16th, 2004, 07:35 PM
Cruise Maniac

Well so far we are just waiting to get things straightened out. I think i have spoken with everyone in that office and they are probably wishing i booked elsewhere, but they have all been nice and assure me that it will be straightened out. I really have no idea what is going on. I think I'll have glass of wine, and wait till Monday to worry about it. I went ahead and booked my airfare anyway. The prices dropped and I didn't want to miss out. I understand about having bad days, I have my share. We'll see what happens at the beginning of the week. You all have a wonderful weekend and thanks for the words of encouragement!

Old July 17th, 2004, 06:05 AM
Admiral

Purple, hope you enjoyed your glass of wine. You're way ahead of me with the airfare. Still haven't booked mine. Will have to look into doing that today since the fares have gone a bit lower than when I originally looked.

I'm sure it will all work out. Have a good weekend.

Carnival Glory
Old July 17th, 2004, 09:43 AM
Cruise Maniac

i know you all probably are familiar with each other already, but being the new kid, i was wondering:

where is everyone from??

we are from southern new hampshire just north of the massachusetts border.

Old July 17th, 2004, 03:45 PM
Admiral

OK, I'll start.

I am Gaile and 'da Coot' is Harry and we live in Islip Terrace on Long Island. That's about halfway between the city and Montauk. We have two daughters, one lives on Long Island and is single and the other is married and lives in Delaware with Granny's angel. That would be my granddaughter who is 14 and will be 15 by the time we cruise. There is a possiblity that she will be going on the cruise, it all depends on whether she thinks she can miss school and still get A's.

Harry is retired and I was, but couldn't stand the boredom so went back to work part time as a temp last November. Now I'm full time and permanent and much happier than I was staying at home.

Started hanging out here at Cruisemates when the site opened and since I spent so much time here they just put me on staff. Have been hosting Wednesday nite chat almost since the inception of Cruisemates and just adore these wonderful people. They are all great. Have cruised with lots of them and Cruisemates cruises are always fun.

Glad you joined us. My e-mail address is Tweety6925@aol.com if you have any problems or need help with something. Don't hesitate. OK who's next?

Carnival Glory
Old July 20th, 2004, 08:42 AM
Cruise Maniac

I think our booking problems may be fixed. I spoke to the TA yesterday when i once again had two deposits deducted from my account. So far, I've had two deposits deducted from my acct., two deposits returned to my acct, two deposits deducted from my acct, and now it looks like one deposit has been returned, which would finally make it correct. As long as those three cabins are still mine, I'm happy. I have the feeling that Carnival was making the errors, not the TA. I booked my air and ended up with good flights at a great price. I just got my priceline hotel offer rejected, so still working on that end. Anyone know anything about the Clarion in Miami??

have a great day all!

Old July 20th, 2004, 08:56 AM
Admiral

Purple.. I highly recommend bidding Miami downtown zone... 3 Stars.. for around $35. You should get Doubletree, Radission or Hyatt... all decent hotels.

We got the Doubletree, which is located right next door to the Biscaynne Bay Marriott.

Old July 20th, 2004, 01:27 PM
Cruise Maniac

kuki,

i bid $35 and $40 on d/t miami, i did that whole rebid with a new zone thing that i learned on betterbidding.com, got rejected both times. i am trying for 3 rooms, i'm not sure if that made a difference. i will wait a bit and try again but i'd like to have an idea of a decent hotel as a backup plan. any ideas?

Old July 20th, 2004, 04:41 PM
Admiral

I actually bid on Sunday for two rooms for post cruise. I originally bid $38 but was rejected but for an additional $11 they let me bid again and I got Doubletree Bayside. So I would try Downtown 3 Star and $49.00 when you get to do it again in 72 hours. At least it's worth the try.

We are staying at Doubletree Bayside before the cruise also. Another person from our group is also there as well as Kuki.

Carnival Glory
Old July 23rd, 2004, 10:17 AM
Cruise Maniac

thanks tweety, i will try again when my 72 hours are up.

just to let you all know, my problems w/ booking and the TA have all been taken care of. =)

i just checked my airline prices, and they had dropped so i called and got over $100 in credits!!

have a great weekend all.

Old July 23rd, 2004, 04:54 PM
Admiral

That's a great way to start the weekend with extra money in your pocket. Glad it worked out for you.

Have a good weekend.

Carnival Glory
Old July 28th, 2004, 08:31 AM
Cruise Maniac

i tried to book my hotel rooms again thru priceline and once again was rejected. i think i was just being cheap!! my highest bid was $45. i can bid again tomorrow night and i'll start out low but if i get rejected i'll have to give in and bid higher.

anyone know if there is cranberry juice on the room service menu onboard? or do you have to buy it at the bar??

also, last time in cozumel my husband wanted to buy me some jewelry.....he loves to haggle. we ended up buying a bracelet, but nothing too pricey. then my jeweler here told me that most everything down there is low quality or fake, even the stuff at the stores with the ship guarantee. i would hate to spend a substantial amount of money on an item only to find it to be worth very little. anyone have any knowledge on this?
is my jeweler just trying to keep my business in his shop???

Old August 5th, 2004, 06:30 AM
Cruise Maniac

where is everyone??