Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > CruiseMates Group Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

CruiseMates Group Cruises Details about CruiseMates Group Cruises- Share the fun and anticipation with other CruiseMates sailing on them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 5th, 2007, 08:06 AM
Beginner

Default how you guys meet on board?

Hi everyone

I love the idea of a large group of people with their love of cruising bringing them together on a cruise. My DH and I had a bad experience with Carnival but are willing to try the Freedom cruise in Jan 08. How large is the group? Is there a "pre-cruise" get together? How do you guys meet each other on the ship (is there a meet and greet at begining of trip?) I was thinking of taking my kids on that trip (D-9/S-7y/o) is anyone else bringing that age kids on the ship?? I'm not new to cruising but new to cruising in a large group (which I think is marvelous) so I have a million questions and as I'm writing this I'm getting more and more excited about the trip
Alexandra
Sponsored Links
Old July 5th, 2007, 10:38 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Hi Alexandra,

Crusiing with our CruiseMates group cruises is always a great experience. We always arrange an informal pre-cruise get together in the embarkation port for anyone who may be in the city in time to attend.

Once onboard, the first full day on the ship we organize another get together to enable everyone in the group to meet. Then there is also a complimentary group cocktail party to enable more socializing.

Our CM host on each cruise also organizes other events onboard like trivia contests, gift exchanges, scavenger hunts, etc. These are once again just to assist anyone wanting to participate to get together and socialize.

Generally there also ends up being a designated "informal" daily meeting spot, both during the days, and in the evenings where folks who just want to meet and visit know they can "stumble by" if they feel like socializing.

The cruise you're talking about.... the John Heald Blogger's Cruise will have some other special events with the ship's CD John Heald for this group.

Should be a GREAT time!!
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old July 5th, 2007, 09:12 PM
Beginner

Kuki,

Thank You so much for answering. Do you think you will be organizing anymore cruises going out of Galvaston TX besides the September one??? Maybee a spring or summer cruise with you as the organizer??
I would love to go but I have no more vacation left in 2007
I'm so glad I "stumbeled on to this sight
Alexandra
Old July 9th, 2007, 01:01 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravda
Kuki,

Thank You so much for answering. Do you think you will be organizing anymore cruises going out of Galvaston TX besides the September one??? Maybee a spring or summer cruise with you as the organizer??
I would love to go but I have no more vacation left in 2007
I'm so glad I "stumbeled on to this sight
Alexandra
At this time we have no plans for another cruise out of Texas for 2008. But there's a couple of others up now from Miami to chose from, and I think we may be adding a cruise from NYC soon.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/