CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   CruiseMates Group Cruises (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cruisemates-group-cruises/)
-   -   Lodging for CruiseMates Group- Carnival Conquest-2010 (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cruisemates-group-cruises/362944-lodging-cruisemates-group-carnival-conquest-2010-a.html)

Phil&Liz March 28th, 2009 05:14 PM

Lodging for CruiseMates Group- Carnival Conquest-2010

Here is a small sampling of lodging options in the area.

Howard Johnson Express Inn $59
8216 Harborside Drive
Closest Howard Johnson to Cruise Terminal

Comfort Inn & Suites Beachfront $129
6302 Seawall Blvd.
Indoor heated pool. Deluxe complimentary breakfast.

Holiday Inn SunSpree Resort $184
1702 Seawall Blvd.
Our resort offers kids suites, private balconies overlooking the Gulf, a magnificent free form pool with a swim up "palapa" style pool bar and waterfall, a family friendly restaurant, room service and activities to suit the entire family.
Coffee Maker in Room

Days Inn Kemah TX $90
1411 Hwy 146
Welcome to the Days Inn and Suites located in beautiful Kemah, Texas. Opened in 2005, the hotel is located just 1/2 mile from the world-famous Kemah Boardwalk. Our extensive list of amenities includes: FREE High Speed Internet Access, FREE Daybreak Breakfast, FREE USA Today Newspaper, and expanded satellite television with HBO. All guest rooms feature refrigerators and microwaves, irons and ironing boards, Kennels

Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake $79
3000 NASA Road One
Overlooking sparkling Clear Lake in Houston, Texas, our hotel is located directly across from the NASA/Johnson Space Center and is minutes from the Kemah Boardwalk, Hobby Airport and Galveston Island.
20 minutes south of the Houston Hobby Airport

Days Inn & Suites Webster NASA-Clear Lake/Houston $49
750 W NASA Parkway
Conveniently located near the NASA/Johnson Space Center and only minutes away from the World renowned Kemah Boardwalk and the sun and fun of the all new amazing Schlitterbahn Waterpark on Galveston Island

Residence Inn by Marriott Houston - Clear Lake $129
525 Bay Area Boulevard
Residence Inn Houston/Clear Lake is an all-suite hotel,studio and two-bedroom , living rooms, and fully equipped kitchens.

Phil & Liz

ScurvyDog March 29th, 2009 01:36 PM

:?: Since most of us know absolutely nothing about the area we will have to depend on our Texas CruiseMates to pick the hotel.

April March 29th, 2009 08:26 PM

Thanks Phil & Liz
I will have to agree with ScurvyDog--
It sure is nice knowing people that are staying in the same hotel/area---
Cheers
April

T C March 30th, 2009 12:57 PM

Phil & Liz,
Thanks for looking into this for us, keep checking to see if any of the Galveston hotels will offer the cruise package like Holiday Inn Superdome did. (I like Holiday Inn's anyway because I can get a good rate with priority club)

Oh ... and since you have so much time to investigate cruise options ... can you also check for the best transportation costs to Galveston from Houston airport. (I think the Phil & Liz mini van sounds like fun LOL LOL LOL )

Getting real excited about this, about 10 months to go! :)
TC

Phil&Liz March 30th, 2009 06:39 PM

LOL Hmmm ok.

I kinda like the idea Beenie or Kat suggested which was Moody Gardens/Schlitterbahn combo. IIRC the post I made on Moody cruise package had the price abit higher that many like.

Liz will be at Moody in May so she can ask about a group price.

I would kinda need a rough number of rooms, tho. Wonder how many we have booked so far on this cruise? :?:

It is early so the numbers will only grow, but I suppose if we asked for a rate on a block of 30 rooms????

Maybe Kuki can advise us on dealings with hotels ?

Anyone know how many rooms we took at the HI in NOLA?

Phil & Liz

ready2gonow March 31st, 2009 01:26 PM

I still have plans of going to Galveston and just scout around. I thought I would wait until after all the Spring Breaks were over, though. The hotel managers may be a little hungrier, if they didn't have as good of season as they had hoped.

TravelMike March 31st, 2009 04:56 PM

Ready, sounds good. Pick something good for Carole and I. We will most likely show up on the ninth. Thanks, Mike

crazysis April 4th, 2009 06:11 PM

hi everyone!! im am trying to work this cruise. i had such a blast with all of you that i reallly really want to be able to make this cruise.

T C April 5th, 2009 09:04 AM

Csis, call me, maybe we can work something out.
TC

Phil&Liz April 12th, 2009 12:24 PM

Y'all try this....

http://www.hotelscombined.com/Search...ults=1&Rooms=1

Phil & Liz

Paul B April 12th, 2009 01:22 PM

We have stayed at the Beachfront Best Western three times, and have had free parking there during our cruise. Moody Gardens is a couple miles away and there is a Super Walmart only two blocks away for last minute shopping.

T C April 12th, 2009 06:45 PM

I like that link Phil & Liz ... I checked Holiday Inn Galveston on the beach ... I can get a rate of $85.00 !!! :D :D

Yeah Baby! :wink: .. it works for me!

Phil&Liz May 7th, 2009 05:27 PM

FYI...

Days Inn Kemah TX

Lowest per room, per night: $76

1411 Hwy 146
Kemah, Texas

Phil & Liz

Dar4960 May 8th, 2009 11:48 AM

I would love to do this cruise but I would need someone to room with me to share the room cost. If anyone is interested please email me and let me know at cpht_dar@yahoo.com Cruisemate cruises are ALOT of fun. I really want to get more involved here.
Darlene

kelzbelz77 October 30th, 2009 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazysis
hi everyone!! im am trying to work this cruise. i had such a blast with all of you that i reallly really want to be able to make this cruise.

I really wish you could!!! Vacaville, CA here going on the CM Snooze cruise and had such a blast with you on the Blog2NOLA cruise!!! Just booked the Aruba cruise for 2011 as well. We are trying to get a group going and have a block of cabins from Nancy and Marietta. PM me for more info!!! Happy Cruising!!! :twisted:

Phil&Liz October 31st, 2009 03:44 PM

More maps at http://www.cruisemates.com/gallery2/view.php?id=851

Phil & Liz