Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > CruiseMates Group Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

CruiseMates Group Cruises Details about CruiseMates Group Cruises- Share the fun and anticipation with other CruiseMates sailing on them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 3rd, 2011, 12:46 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Have started some planning.. our complimentary CruiseMates cocktail party should be the second sea day late afternoon, so everyone can meet early in the cruise. Once it's set for sure, I'll let everyone know time and place.
Old January 3rd, 2011, 02:32 PM
Familiar Face

Great! Thanks, Kuki! We're anxious to meet everyone.

This is our 1st trip to Hawaii and we'd love to experience a laua. Any suggestions? Is it best to book through the ship or private vendor?
Old January 3rd, 2011, 07:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to dirknme
Default Banned activities????

Sign us up!!! I can't imagine what could be banned. unless you were commandoing in the hot tub
Just a little more ironing and we'll be set to go,
Aloha
marianne
Old January 4th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

Just put the Christmas tree back in the attic and while I was there, got the suitcases out....Am I too early??? lol
Old January 4th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Never too early for suitcases

I have our two carry ons packed with essentials and almost have the biggies filled with more clothes. Now for the hard part. waiting for our fly date and acknowledging being another year older for both of us in February. (I guess that's better than the alternative of no longer getting older and heading for that long cruise in the sky-and I don't mean NCL SKY!)
marianne
Old January 4th, 2011, 04:55 PM
First Mate

Now that the holidays are over and we had wonderful visits with our kids and grands in Baltimore and Memphis, it's time to get serious about this cruise.:-D

We had to wait for Ruth's passport renewal, which expired in Dec and also changed to a new married name. Passport arrived last week. Boarding pass and suitcase tags are printed and now it's time to figure what we will be doing in the Islands. Hotel is booked and we went with Priceline and got Crowne Plaza Hotel in San Pedro. We arrive on Friday, Feb 25. Ray & Helen and several of you are arriving on the same day and maybe we can get together for dinner that's close by?

We plan to take Prime Shuttle from LAX to hotel and since I have three kids that reside in So. CA, my youngest son will pick us up at terminal when we arrive back from Hawaii and we will get a chance to visit with all of them before flying back to Little Rock from Orange Co. Airport. I need to purchase tickets with Soutwest in the next few days.

Looking forward to seeing old friends again and meeting a bunch more on this cruise. We can finally say......"See you next month."
Old January 4th, 2011, 08:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

Well, Marianne...I guess I'm not too early then...I have a little space in my closet, that I put little stuff that I want to carry...

Frank...wish you and your wife were on our flight leaving from Little Rock....We are on American Airlines and leaving on the 25th, also. Guess we will just have to meet in California....

See ya'll soon!!!!
Old January 5th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Crowne plaza meet before sailing

We could probably arrange a get together at the hotel, and if you go to Restaurant.com, you can get a discount certificate to use in their dining room. I think that I still have an email offering 50% off their discount rate. (I did call the hotel and the certificates are really honored there. Our $50 cert cost us $4.) If we meet at CP, those staying at other hotels can use the shuttle to get there, and we would avoid having to use a shuttle to go elsewhere.
M
Old January 5th, 2011, 01:43 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to LGriggs548

We're coming in on the 25th too and staying at the Crowne like a bunch of you. Frank, can't wait to meet your Ruth and are looking forward to seeing all of you again. Dinner sounds like a great plan to me and I'll sure go look for that coupon in the event we eat at the hotel. We leave Friday for a short 7 day Cruise so when we return I'll need to do the laundry so I can re-pack that stuff. The other clothes are already in the larger suitcases we will use so we, like most of you are READY! See you shortly as it won't be as long as it has been.
Old January 5th, 2011, 03:15 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Dinner on Feb 25th

If any of you are staying at the Doubletree in San Pedro and would like to meet for dinner, let me know - so we can try to figure out a place to go.

Shar
Old January 5th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Shar and Doubletreers and wherever you're staying

We stayed there last year and their shuttle will bring you to the Crowne Plaza and pick you up later. That way, we can all get together pre cruise.
m
Old January 5th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to rayb Send a message via Skype™ to rayb
Default c

Frank and all the rest who will be at the Crowne Plaza on he 25th. Yes we will love to have a dinner meet.

Our flight on AA arrives at about 3:35PM on the 25th at LAX. We will be using the Primetime Shuttle also so we should be at the Hotel I hope around 5 PM.

Looking forward to this. We will have a wheel Chair for Helen and I will be riding my scooter. Denise will be pushing Helen.

C U all

Cruising on Ruby Princess: September 22, 2015. 10 Days, From New York to Quebec City. My 98th Cruise!
Old January 5th, 2011, 10:49 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to rayb Send a message via Skype™ to rayb

Marrianne---I went to Restaurant.com and could not find the restaurant at the hotel. What is the name of the restaurant. need to know so I can find it to get the certificates. Thanks, RayB

Cruising on Ruby Princess: September 22, 2015. 10 Days, From New York to Quebec City. My 98th Cruise!
Old January 5th, 2011, 11:05 PM
Admiral

I won't be coming in a day early this time, as we're only flying in from Pheonix... so made better sense to fly in day of.

But I think it's a great idea for you guys to start of with a pre-cruise CruiseMates dinner.

I have decided on one more CM fun activity for the cruise. We're gonna have a CM team treasure hunt on one of the sea days. Some of you have participated in these before, and I think enjoyed. The rest of you... it's really easy to learn
Old January 6th, 2011, 12:47 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Ray B

It is the BLU RESTAURANT @ Crowne Plaza.
We will be arriving a day early because you cannot depend on Colorado Weather and we don't want to be waving from the pier as you all sail away!!! I also have a hair appointment at the spa at Doubletree. I also have to get some Dr Pepper for the cruise:-) I don't want to have a grumpy husband suffering from Dr P withdrawal.

Aloha for now
m
Old January 6th, 2011, 02:46 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Our Excursion Schedule

Here is a list of our reservations for the cruise:

March 3 - Hilo: Tropical Botanical Garden (through Princess)

March 4 - Honolulu: Luau & Polynesian Cultural Center (Princess)

March 5 - Kauai: Na Pali Cruise & Snokel (Princess)

March 6 - Maui: Ultimate Whale Watching (private)
Old January 6th, 2011, 07:32 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to LGriggs548

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayb View Post
Frank and all the rest who will be at the Crowne Plaza on he 25th. Yes we will love to have a dinner meet.

Our flight on AA arrives at about 3:35PM on the 25th at LAX. We will be using the Primetime Shuttle also so we should be at the Hotel I hope around 5 PM.

Looking forward to this. We will have a wheel Chair for Helen and I will be riding my scooter. Denise will be pushing Helen.

C U all
Ray,
I thought you were using Red Van Shuttle. Not that it matters, I just thought that is who you recommended because they pick up at baggage claim. Want to be certain I have made the correct arrangements.
Old January 6th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Admiral

We're also staying at the Crown Plaza the 25th........our plane gets in 10:45 am.........guess we'll be early.....

Looking forward to hearin if we're gonna do dinner or not.........

Sharon
Old January 6th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Admiral

On this itinerary, since Ohau is our only stopover that goes late into the evening, I think we're going to go to the House Without a Key for sunset and dinner.

We did this last time we were in Honolulu, and it's a beautiful setting, with a nice local show. Know some of you will use the opportunity to do a Luau that day, as it's the only chance.

But if any of the group is interested in joining us at House Without a Key, let me know, and I'll try and make a reservation for all those interested.
Old January 7th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Kuki:

Kuki, are we still going to do the gift exchange? Thanks!

Shar
Old January 7th, 2011, 07:58 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharB View Post
Kuki, are we still going to do the gift exchange? Thanks!

Shar
Yes, of course. So far we'll have the cocktail party, treasure hunt, slot pull, ugly shirt contest with gift exchange.

I'm thinking at the cocktail party I'll probably hand out trivia sheets, that folks can work on over dinner with their tablemates, and turn them in the next day, then we'll give results at one of the later gatherings.
Old January 7th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Kuki:

Sounds good! Thanks!
Old January 10th, 2011, 01:31 AM
Familiar Face

All we can think of is cruising with sun that supplies heat presently we are getting sun but not heat. Waves to look at our only waves are flowing furrows of snow drifting across our yard. Ice cubes melting in our glasses our ice cubes sorry ice sicles are hanging off of our roof.

In sunny northern Alberta we have had a lot of snow some drifts are 4 to 5 feet high, Piles of snow in cleared lots at least 20 feet high, and road that are just not passable. Snow and more snow we never even opened our store today no point people are just having a hard time getting around but the good news was no snow today so they cleared many roads but the bad news in minus 25 by next Saturday. With all the goods and the bads we are blessed to have a cruise to look forward to.

How is your weather?

Sweet Regards
Carol

Sweet Carol
I Remain In Chocolate
Old January 10th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Weather

We were blessed(?) with a foot of snow last night, the schools are closed. and our solar panels have the day off because they are covered with snow. Our son, who is preparing for another tour in Afghanistan, left cold Kansas for training in what should have been warmer Fort Polk, LA, but the south has snow also. Some days you just can't win.
On the bright side, we are one day closer to the Sapphire sailing. We are heading to town for a Dr appointment...let's hope that the cowboys with their 4 wheel drive pick ups are staying home. They seem to believe that 4wd is magic and drive like hell.
See you later.Aloha
m
Old January 10th, 2011, 03:22 PM
First Mate

We had our first snowfall yesterday in AR. Here in the Village, we received 2 1/2" of powder snow and schools are closed for today. This morning the driveway was cleared of snow, thanks to my electric snow blower I brought from AZ. Ruth cleared off snow from table and chairs, banisters and floor of back deck and it's covered. Woods behind house look like a Winter Wonderland.

Another day closer to our cruise:-D Temp in Honolulu the other day was a high of 81 and a low of 71. I'll take that as temp here in AR is a cold 31.

See ya all soon.
Old January 10th, 2011, 05:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

Snow? Ha! Here in the real Upper Mojave Desert (Eastern Sierras) we finally saw all our snow melt, after a week. We used to get approx 6 inches once a year. This year, we got approximately 8 inches, so far - and this isn't even the coldest time of year. I know, you are saying "oh boo hoo", with our 60 degree (F) days and 35 degree nights - can't blame you ;-)

Shar
Old January 10th, 2011, 09:11 PM
Familiar Face

Hi Shar: I'll trade you. We received 12 inches of snow today with more on the way. The high temp for tomorrow is 1 degree, with a wind chill of 25 below zero. Hawaii can't come soon enough for us! ;-)

We fly into LAX at 6:00 p.m. on the 25th and will be staying at Double Tree, San Pedro. Do you have recommendations for restaurants?

Jan
Old January 11th, 2011, 12:12 AM
Familiar Face

Hi,

They have cleared many of the main arteries but the residental areas and industrial areas have not seen any snow removal. I arrived at the store this morning pulling in to the area of my parking spot and was greeted with a pile of snow 12 feet high and 20 feet long by 10 foot wide after working my way to the top of the pile and parking my car in my parking spot I call the property owner asked when they were going to move the snow pile as parking on top was a hard job but getting out of this spot without a disaster was not going to be easy.;-) Really maybe by the end of the week I will have my parking back. Travelling anywhere is so much effort and walking is downright treacherous.

We are leaving here on February 24 that will give us 2 days in case we have snow storm problems. We are also staying at the Crowne Plaza.

Forecast for tomorrow Minus 20 c.

Sweet Carol
I Remain In Chocolate
Old January 11th, 2011, 12:32 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Forecast for tomorrow Minus 20 c.
Glad it's warming up
Old January 11th, 2011, 12:46 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Pixie:

We fly into LAX at 6:00 p.m. on the 25th and will be staying at Double Tree, San Pedro. Do you have recommendations for restaurants?

Jan[/QUOTE]

Hi Pixie! A group from Cruisemates will be meeting for dinner at Crowne Plaza. I checked the prices on their menu, and they seem very high - BUT! Marianne did come up with discount coupons we can print out. I'm still looking at possible alternatives, most the restaurants I'm interested in are only open for breakfast and lunch - here's her post:
We could probably arrange a get together at the hotel, and if you go to Restaurant.com, you can get a discount certificate to use in their dining room. I think that I still have an email offering 50% off their discount rate. (I did call the hotel and the certificates are really honored there. Our $50 cert cost us $4.) If we meet at CP, those staying at other hotels can use the shuttle to get there, and we would avoid having to use a shuttle to go elsewhere.
M