Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > CruiseMates Group Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

CruiseMates Group Cruises Details about CruiseMates Group Cruises- Share the fun and anticipation with other CruiseMates sailing on them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 26th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Cruise Maniac

We have taken the Whale Watching tour through Princess. Don't know if it's the same boat. If so, it was a multi-decker and just great. If possible, go up the stairs and head toward the front deck. Grab a couple of seats and make yourself comfortable. I tended to stand at the front railing. If whales are spotted, they will go to the legal distance from them and stop. You should have your sea-legs by then, so the movement shouldn't bother you, when you're running around trying to get the best shot. Great times!!
Old January 26th, 2011, 12:49 PM
First Mate

can we speed up the countdown we have to mucg-h snow here
Grant
Old January 26th, 2011, 09:54 PM
Familiar Face

Thanks for the info, Shar. It was a toss up between Trilogy (I was really leaning towards this one) or the ship's whale watching tour. Not sure how far Trilogy is from the pier and whether we'd need to find transport to get there or not. We did a catamaran tour in Cabo and absolutely loved the vessel (and margaritas). I think that's why I was leaning toward Trilogy......great memories!

Sea legs? Me?!? Only with the help of a bottle of Bonine. haha
Old January 27th, 2011, 12:13 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Need a favor again. Could someone please forward my last group email to me? Someone asked me for a copy, and it seems to have disappeared from my sent email folder.

No idea why, or where the heck it went. Maybe it left for Hawaii already
Old January 27th, 2011, 02:03 AM
Cruise Maniac

Sorry, I think you got two copies from me.
Shar
Old January 27th, 2011, 05:57 AM
Familiar Face

Hi all, I would like to book a helicoptor tour for Kauai. It really is the only island we can book it since we have tours already for the others. My only reservation is the fact that we tender at the island. I have read that if water is too rough Kauai could be skipped. If that happened I would be out 313.00 each. Maybe we could chance booking it the morning of? I guess I am asking for some opinions. Thanks, Cindy
GRAND PRINCESS 3/2008
CROWN PRINCESS 3/2007
CARIBBEAN PRINCESS 3/2006[/COLOR]
Old January 27th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Admiral

I think our only tender port is Maui. From what I recall, the entrance to Kaui's harbor has a narrow entrance, and there is a chance, if winds are very high, that the ship won't attempt the entrance.

We have done a heli tour in Kaui and it is OUTSTANDING, with GORGEOUS views!! Surely you can contact the heli-tour company you want to use, and have them assure you that if the ship is unable to stop there, you won't be charged.
Old January 27th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Familiar Face

LS80 Very true about Tacoma, a beautiful city to. The Seattle, Tacoma area is high on our list of favorites.

We are wanting to see the Arizona Memorial while in Honolulu, just can't decide if we need to rent a car or take a cab. I have been reading that the lines there can be long if you don't get there early. Will we still be able to get there early enough to beat the long lines if we take the time to rent a car first?
Old January 27th, 2011, 11:38 PM
Admiral

Thought I should mention that thanks to Princess supplying me with Internet time during the trip, I'm going to be writing live Daily Virtual Cruise reports, together with pictures, for the entire 14 nights... so if you want your friends to be able to see and read about what a good time we're having, just point them to CruiseMates.
Old January 27th, 2011, 11:40 PM
Admiral

And.. if you'd like to give out my email address to family and friends at home for an emergency contact, I will be checking email daily, and can pass on messages.
Old January 28th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default farrimco:

Hi Frank!
Did you get my reply? Looking forward to whale watching with you!

Shar
Old January 28th, 2011, 07:07 PM
First Mate

Yep, got your message. Thanks.
Old January 28th, 2011, 08:31 PM
Admiral

Now I know everyone is going be REALLY THRILLED ..

I ordered CruiseMates lanyards for everyone. That, along with really neat CruiseMates pens that Mike Mastellar sent me for everyone (one end pen/the other highlighter), and the tote bags from Nancy.. should make a nice little gift bag that you can all collect on our first sea day.

Just find me and a box of goodies outside, aft of the Horizon Court. If you get there before I eat lunch they may not be stained yet
Old January 28th, 2011, 10:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Kuki:

Great news! What a haul! Would you like me to bring those as well?

Shar
Old January 28th, 2011, 10:33 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharB View Post
Great news! What a haul! Would you like me to bring those as well?

Shar
Thanks for the offer Shar, but I can manage those I think. I'm only flying in from Pheonix this trip, and on Southwest so an extra bag shouldn't be a big deal.
Old January 29th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Admiral

Kuki.............did I miss something??? The first sea day? Where? When? Can you tell I'm forgetful????

See y'all in 28 days...............7 hours........well ya know......

Sharon
Old January 29th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS80 View Post
Kuki.............did I miss something??? The first sea day? Where? When? Can you tell I'm forgetful????

See y'all in 28 days...............7 hours........well ya know......

Sharon
Quote:
Just find me and a box of goodies outside, aft of the Horizon Court. If you get there before I eat lunch they may not be stained yet
I expect to hang around there from about 10 and thru lunch... just informal, and anyone who wants came come by and say hi, and pick up their "swag"
Old January 30th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Admiral

Kuki.......thanks..........guess I missed that part.......kinda like it was on Century..........

See ya there.............

Sharon
Old January 31st, 2011, 12:23 AM
Familiar Face

Default Q&A

Kuki,

How about a short Q&A about cruising and cruise lines with you on one of our get togethers? We've been on 16 cruises but have lots of questions that you, with your vast knowledge, could answer for us.

We're ready to go. Have airline, hotel, excursions lined up so its just waiting for the days to go by. They are getting slower the closer we get to departure date.

Jim/Beverly
Old January 31st, 2011, 10:36 AM
Admiral

Okie...if enough people are interested I'd be happy to do a set Q & A session on cruising, CruiseMates, cruise writing, ship reviews I do, etc.

Most will probably get tired of talking to me, just having dinner with me
Old January 31st, 2011, 10:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

We'd love to attend you chat with Kuki!!

Shar
Old January 31st, 2011, 11:15 PM
Admiral

Shar

That's already more people than want to talk to me on any given day
Old February 1st, 2011, 01:48 AM
Admiral

As we get closer, and everyone gets prepared for this cruise, I thoght I should issue one word of warning....

Having done this itinerary several times I thought I should mention that the first day or day and half leaving LA, and then returning to LA could be with some high seas, resulting in a bit of extra movement.

When packing last minute items you may want to include some Bonine on your packing list.
Old February 1st, 2011, 09:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

Well, I am packed...Anyone else packed??? I know it is early, but I have a lot going on in the next few weeks...Just had to get it done. See you all in 23 days!!!
Old February 1st, 2011, 09:47 PM
Admiral

Susan.. you are EAGER .. and organized!

I haven't even begun to think about packing. But we've been doing a fair bit of shopping since we hit Arizona, so I know we'll have what to pack
Old February 2nd, 2011, 12:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to dirknme
Default me, too, Susan

We are so ready that I had Dirk try to fit all of the luggage and scooter in the car. it's a close fit because we also have to pack a week's worth of cold Kansas clothes for our time with our son, who will be in Afghanistan a couple of days after we sail. Our sail away will be kind of bitter sweet as we head to paradise and he goes to war. The good news is that he will be home in a year and he can retire.
Aloha
Old February 2nd, 2011, 01:06 PM
Familiar Face

Okay Kuki first sea day outside, aft of the Horizon Court, it will be alittle chilly there won't it? About the live post you will be doing on our cruise, could you give us a link before we go? It would be nice to be able to e-mail the link to friends.

Where is everyone? I thought there was a large group of us booked, just a few people are posting or am i overlooking another thread somewhere?
Old February 2nd, 2011, 01:43 PM
Admiral

It's not entirely that unusual to have people booked with the group not posting. It happens occassionally.

I know one couple who've done over a dozen of our group cruises; never posted on the message boards once, but are always the life of the party at all group get togethers.

Some folks book the groups, solely for the price, then don't participate in any group activities, except perhaps the cocktail party.

For planning puirposes it does make my job tougher not having everyone posting on the boards. Some activities that I've planned in the past needed coordination and permissions from the cruise lines. And tough to do that without knowing how high the participation is going to be.

Either way, I'm sure we'll have a GREAT time onboard, playing with and getting to know the folks in the group.

As to the weather on our first sea day. If it's too chilly out on that aft deck, we'll simply move indoors to that aft section of the Horizon Court.

Even if someone does miss that morning, they'll meet more cruisemates at dinner, and at the cocktail party the next day.... and still have a dozen days to enjoy them
Old February 4th, 2011, 12:43 AM
Familiar Face

Hi everyone,

You are all invited to a pre cruise dinner in out house in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. We will gather at 6:00 tomorrow evening, Friday and enjoy pre drinks of our favorite Rum followed by appetizers, salad, an Italian Pasta dinner made by Chocolatier Grant and and a sweet chocolate dessert. Attendance has been confirmed by our travel mates, Jan and Phil and Ruby and Rene. We will plan our days in Los Angeles and dream of our sea days we are all getting excited, wish you could all attend. Let us know if we can expect you.

p.s. don't forget your long underware, toques and gloves and furry parkas
and most important a snow shovel

Sweet Carol and Candymaker

Sweet Carol
I Remain In Chocolate
Old February 4th, 2011, 02:37 PM
Admiral

RATS. If i was home, instead of in Arizona, I could have driven up for it

Hope you had a GREAT time without me!