Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > CruiseMates Group Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

CruiseMates Group Cruises Details about CruiseMates Group Cruises- Share the fun and anticipation with other CruiseMates sailing on them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 4th, 2011, 06:00 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet carol View Post
Hi everyone,

You are all invited to a pre cruise dinner in out house in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. We will gather at 6:00 tomorrow evening, Friday and enjoy pre drinks of our favorite Rum followed by appetizers, salad, an Italian Pasta dinner made by Chocolatier Grant and and a sweet chocolate dessert. Attendance has been confirmed by our travel mates, Jan and Phil and Ruby and Rene. We will plan our days in Los Angeles and dream of our sea days we are all getting excited, wish you could all attend. Let us know if we can expect you.

p.s. don't forget your long underware, toques and gloves and furry parkas
and most important a snow shovel

Sweet Carol and Candymaker
Thanks for the invite, Sweet Carol. If Mac and I can dig ourselves out of Nebraska by dinner, we'll be there. Looking forward to meeting you and other Cruisemates, as well as enjoying some beach time. See you soon!

Jan
Old February 4th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Sending Regrets!

Sweet Carol: I'm so sorry to say that we weren't able to get airline reservations in time for your event. Thank you very much for offering the invite! Of course, you are always welcome to bring desert with you onboard for our M&G! no really....

SharB
Old February 4th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

I agree, Shar.....Sweet Carol you can always bring the 'sweets' onboard... Sounds sooo good right now!!! Sorry we couldn't make it, but thanks for the invite!!!
Old February 5th, 2011, 02:39 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Not Desert!

Oops...I really did mean dessert. We already have all the desert we can swallow!
Old February 5th, 2011, 07:12 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to LGriggs548

Well, not quite packed here but very close. Suitcases are out, open and laying on the bed with some things in them. Just not the hanging stuff which I will put in at the last minute. All personal stuff is ready. Travel wallet loaded with passports and all the docs and very little space left for money Still trying to find room/weight for some door decorating items. But--I am ready and if I had to leave now I could manage. We have a very early flight out of NC on the 25th so will head up to the airport which is an hour or so away the night before right after work, have dinner, a good nights sleep and a short three minute ride to the airport on the shuttle then it's LA here we come. Friends of ours from here (Ed & Lis) are joining us this cruise and are on different flights but we arrive within 30 minutes of each other even though they leave an hour or so later. Sure hope the weather cooperates for them in Chicago and for us in Dallas. Looking forward to that warm HI weather. We have had very unusually cold/snow filled winter weather which is unusual for the south. Looking forward to seeing all of you very soon and to that warm Aloha spirit and weather.
Old February 5th, 2011, 10:29 AM
First Mate

Hi all
we missed evrybody last evening for dinner but we did have a wonderful time without you. We discussed what we would like to do on each of the islands and what we were going to do in LA. as we are going to fly in on the 24.

I would like to thank everyone who responded to sweet Carols post.

Grant
Old February 6th, 2011, 11:00 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Question

Hi All, Just wondering if the group slot pull has a definite time and date yet, or did I miss that? Diane
Old February 6th, 2011, 11:56 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlyout1101 View Post
Hi All, Just wondering if the group slot pull has a definite time and date yet, or did I miss that? Diane
Nope, we haven't set any of that yet. I like to wait until we're onboard and that enables me to schedule CruiseMates events around what might be happening on the ship's schedule... so we try and avoid competing with other ship's activities people might want to participate in.

So far, all we have set is the informal get together Sunday morning, aft of horizon court, and our complimentary cocktail party Tues afternoon from 5-6 in the Wheelhouse Bar.

I have everyone's cabin #s , so I'll make sure a schedule of other things will be available at the cocktail party, or delivered to everyone's cabin.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old February 8th, 2011, 01:31 AM
Admiral

The lanyards arrived today, so I guess we're gonna be cruising soon

I was thinking today I should get a long rope, then I could tie everyone together through the lanyards, and lead you around like they do kindergarden class on a field trip
Old February 8th, 2011, 01:50 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Group Field Trip!

Maybe you could work some sort of ship tour with us all laced together? I'm game....

Shar
Old February 8th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Admiral

Sounds interesting Kuki.....think we'd keep from getting lost??????

Sharon
Old February 9th, 2011, 02:11 AM
Familiar Face

Hi,

We are trying to get a chocolate mold for a bite size cruise ship but our supplier tells me they may not have one so...... We will bring chocolates for one of the meet and greets maybe chocolate hearts as we all love to cruise and we will have left overs from Valentines Day and everybody love chocolate left overs.

Sweet Carol and Candymaker

Sweet Carol
I Remain In Chocolate
Old February 9th, 2011, 05:01 AM
Cruise Maniac

Sounds good to me....any kind of shape will do...LOVE CHOCOLATE!!!

See you all soon!!!!!
Old February 9th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Admiral

Carol... just bring enough chocolate, and we'll help you dip the ship in it
Old February 9th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Chocolate!

Yes! I'm not prejudiced to any type of chocolate (or shape of it). Carol, if you bring enough - maybe we could at least fill a hot tub with it !!8)
Old February 9th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Administrator
Familiar Face

Default Late to the party

By way of introduction, I'm Nate, one of the tech people from Internet Brands that works on the site. I think most of my posts to date have been limited to the technicalish forums, so I'm probably not that familiar of a face to many of you. So "Hi".

I'm not sure if the discussion of a pre-cruise dinner from earlier in this thread ever got finalized, but if it did, I'd love to come down and meet you all. It'd be a shame if this many CruiseMates were in Los Angeles and we never met each other.
Old February 9th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Admiral

Nate.. I'm sorry I won't be in town in time for the dinner, and get to meet you. I'm sure those who are will post some details.

For those who don't know, Internet Brands is our LA based parent company. If you get together with Nate you also get a chance to tell him what you might like to see on the site, or what you think might be missing.

You can also tell him what an incredibly nice guy I am, and how important I am to CruiseMates
Old February 10th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Familiar Face

We have always used Princess transfers and flights, this time we are making our own arrangements. Can you just walk off at any time at the end of the cruise or do they still put you in groups to disembark at specific times?
Old February 10th, 2011, 04:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Pat & Allen:

Hi Guys! You still will be put in groups both to get off the ship and to go through customs.

Shar
Old February 10th, 2011, 04:46 PM
Familiar Face

We booked the fly and sail with the Crowne Plaza, I was told that upon check in we would have to let them know what time we wanted the shuttle to pick us up from the ship. That would be hard to do sense we will not know what time we will be getting off the ship. Just something else to worry about later, oh well.I didn't think that we would have to deal with customs this trip.
Old February 10th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to dirknme
Default Pre cruise dinner

I have taken the liberty of contacting Crowne Plaza in regard to a dinner. They are going to send a proposed menu for our dinner at a set price, which I will post here. We will also have the option of ordering off the menu, but that could be more difficult for the kitchen staff getting hit with so many checks at once. Also having an approximate head count would assure us sitting together

For those staying at Double tree, the shuttle will bring you here and pick up after dinner.

I sure hope that you don't mind my doing this.
marianne
Old February 10th, 2011, 06:07 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to rayb Send a message via Skype™ to rayb
Default dinner

Three of us, Helen, Denise and I, will be eating dinner at the Plaza on he evening of 25th. We also have vouchers to help pay for the meals.

See you all What say about 6:30 PM at Blu Restaurant.

I Sail The Carnival Dream.

The Royal Princess Transatlantic.

I sail The Crown Princess to The Southern Caribbean.
Old February 10th, 2011, 07:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Yes for dinner for the two of us!

[QUOTE=dirknme;1351256]I have taken the liberty of contacting Crowne Plaza in regard to a dinner. They are going to send a proposed menu for our dinner at a set price, which I will post here. We will also have the option of ordering off the menu, but that could be more difficult for the kitchen staff getting hit with so many checks at once.
Hi Marianne! Again, I can't thank you enough for all you are doing for both sets of cruisers.!! Please confirm the time and we'll try to get there early, depending on how accessible the shuttle is. I'm assuming we won't be able to use the discount coupon for the set price dinner, correct?
Shar
Old February 10th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

Count us in, too....(2)....See you all soon!!!
Old February 10th, 2011, 10:04 PM
Admiral

OK.. now you're making me feel bad that I can't be there
Old February 11th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Familiar Face

Make that 2 more for dinner!
Old February 11th, 2011, 04:45 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to LGriggs548

Possibly four more here. Will let you know for sure closer to travel date. Also, our traveling companions/friends have a room at the Crowne for one night post-cruise and have decided they would rather stay closer to LAX since they have an early morning flight on the 13th. So, if anyone is staying over an extra night and would like the room, please let me know. It was a Priceline deal and while I don't have the "figures" I know he is trying to sell it if at all possible. Send me a message if you would like the room and I'll put you in contact with Ed. Can't wait to see all of you. Time is passing rather quickly now, thank goodness.
Linda
Old February 11th, 2011, 09:12 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirknme View Post
I have taken the liberty of contacting Crowne Plaza in regard to a dinner. They are going to send a proposed menu for our dinner at a set price, which I will post here. We will also have the option of ordering off the menu, but that could be more difficult for the kitchen staff getting hit with so many checks at once. Also having an approximate head count would assure us sitting together

For those staying at Double tree, the shuttle will bring you here and pick up after dinner.

I sure hope that you don't mind my doing this.
marianne
Hi Marianne,

Include Ruth and me for dinner at Crowne Plaza on Feb 25. Just think, only two weeks from today it will be post cruise time and getting a chance to meet new and old friends again.

All our tours are booked and only thing to do now is pack. Ruth did some checking yesterday, while we were snowed in, as to what clothes to pack for formal nights and rest of casual nights.

See you all soon.
Old February 11th, 2011, 09:17 PM
First Mate

Opppps......I mean PRE-CRUISE at Crowne Plaza.
Old February 12th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Familiar Face

ibbytravel,
Welcome! Looks like there will be quite a few Cruisemates for you to meet.