Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Crystal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 26th, 2000, 02:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Crystal Symphony..questions

I am sailing on the Crystal Symphony in January and was wondering what the dress code is actually like on formal/informal nights? From what I have read, tuxes are the majority for men and for informal nights?
Sponsored Links
Old November 26th, 2000, 11:55 PM
darbar

Default RE: Crystal Symphony..questions

You are correct about the tux issue. On my cruise this past July, there were only about 4 or 5 men who didn't wear a tux on formal nights. For informal, most men wore suits and ties, or a sports coat and tie. The only night they didn't wear jackets and ties were on the casual nights. Crystal is a very dressy ship where just about everyone dresses to the hilt. The only Crystal cruises that tend to be slightly more casual are the ones to Alaska.
Old December 29th, 2000, 01:54 AM
First Mate

We have sailed on Crystal 3 times and have enjoyed them all. Be prepared, on Crystal the formal nights are just that. About 92% of the men wear tuxes and on informal nights jackets and ties are in order.
Hope this helps
Old November 21st, 2001, 07:46 PM
First Mate

I have just sailed on the Symphony (my third cruise on this ship). We went from Cape Town, South Africa, up the West coast of Africa and disembarked at Lisbon. The trip was from October 25 to November 17 and we traveled approximately 6400 nautical miles. My wife and I always enjoy being on Crystal Symphony, and this cruise was probably the best. For formal nights Tuxs are the norm, and informal nights men usually wear sport coats and ties. Casual nights were usually just shirts because it was warm weather, but some men wore jackets. The ship's laundry does dry cleaning at very reasonable rates; I recall that jackets and trousers were $4.00 or possibly $4.50 each and they do the service in two days; i.e., you turn it in one day and the next evening it is delivered to you. You can pay for same day service at a higher rate. There are washers and dryers on each deck if you want to do some laundry yourself; there is no charge for this service and they provide soap, ironing boards, etc. I hope this helps you...
Old January 14th, 2004, 11:14 AM
Lindsey Boozer

Default Re: RE: Crystal Symphony..questions

Thanks for your posting about Crystal Symphony, we are going on the Panama cruise on Symphony in a week, and this was VERY helpful information. I don't know how I am going to pack up everything, I need to take a lot of stuff for 11 days. I would like to mail ahead some stuff to port. Wonder if that would work? The extra bag at the airport would be $80 they tell me. Mostly I need to mail ahead my favorite pillow and some reading materials.
Old January 16th, 2004, 11:03 PM
barbaracarson

Default Re: Re: RE: Crystal Symphony..questions

Too bad you didn't find out earlier that Crystal now has luggage shipping services for their three ships. They pick up the bags at your home, deliver them to the ship and then ship the bags back to your house after the cruise. It's a nice option to have.
Old February 3rd, 2004, 10:22 AM
Miles Gauntt

Default Re: RE: Crystal Symphony..questions

We have sailed Crystal 8 times thus far and we love it. As far as informal nights are concerned a tie is not necessary however a sport jacket and slacks are the norm. Some of the more senior cruisers adorned ties. You will not feel out of place with a nice shirt jacket and slacks. Formal nights are just that and I have never seen anyone go back and change to casual after dinner. On our last cruise to south America we had three formal nights. On one formal night we opted for room service and videos and stayed in our very comfy robes. Enjoy the Crysatl experience!!!