Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Crystal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 26th, 2001, 12:46 AM
Carole Dunham

Default 3rd person

Next summer my daughter and I want to cruise Alaska with Crystal. A friend wants to come with us. Do any cabins on the Crystal ships accommodate 3 people?

Thanks,

Carole
Sponsored Links
Old February 27th, 2001, 12:51 PM
First Mate

Default Re: 3rd person

Carole,
Yes you can book a 3rd person on Crystal. All Pentouse Suites will do 3 people.
Inside, Outside, Reg Balcony will do 3. I found that the Harmony is doing 2 10 day voyages early...June 14 2002 Seward to Vancouver and June 24 Vancouver to San Francisco. After that she is doing 12 day San Francisco round trip.
Michael
Old February 28th, 2001, 04:34 PM
Carole Dunham

Thanks Michael. We will need to go in August. My daughter can take a summer vacation if she goes the month her boss is in Maine. And that's the month. He won't be able to FexEx his laundry to her for 12 days! He does that, no kidding, yuck!

Carole
Old March 8th, 2001, 07:08 PM
darbar

Carole, I just returned from a Crystal cruise and I really don't see how three adults can comfortably fit into a regular room in an A through E category. The closets are very, very small and there's not enough room for two people much less three especially if your cruise is longer than 7 days. While some might find these cabins roomy, three adults in these rooms will be downright crowded. Also, the bathrooms are tiny.
Old March 23rd, 2002, 03:28 AM
:trvlblonde

PArticular cabins do accomodate three people the area where the couch is makes into a bed. There are some on each floor. I have never been three in a cabin but I have seen them when the stewardesses were making them up. So you should do just fine. For a cruise ship the cabins are good size all about 200-260 sq feet unless you are in one of the Penthouses - they are huge. Spring for a balcony to Alaska - that way you can watch the glacier from your room instead of having to go upstairs - we loved the Alaska cruise on the Harmony
Old April 25th, 2005, 01:51 PM
Betty Allen Wendt

I'm searching for Carole Dunham from Miami Florida who used to breed Somali cats. If this is THE Carole Dunham, please get in touch with me re a new CFA article on the history of Somalis.

Thanks!
Betty
Old May 15th, 2005, 10:07 AM
Passenger

Carole, check out the cruisecritic.com board for Crystal message boards. Lots of others who will be cruising to Alaska. If you are a new passenger, check out the STEX (Share the Experience) threads for a Crystal match.
Old June 9th, 2005, 10:30 AM
Kathleen Elkins

I just was the 3rd person on a 2 night Vancouver-SF on the Crystal Harmony. I would not do it for any longer than 2 nights. The 3rd berth is 10 inches narrower than a twin bed and only 5 feet long between the night table and the closet. so you can not hang your feet off the end.
Old June 23rd, 2005, 06:17 AM
L. Moore

Default Re: Re: 3rd person

I hear they will not be doing Alaska next year.
Old June 23rd, 2005, 05:43 PM
Darcin 5261

No, Crystal will not be doing Alaska for the forseeable future. The Harmony, which cruises Alaska in the summer, is being taken away from Crystal and will be called the Azuka II, and marketed to Japanese only. Within the next 5 or so years, Crystal might build another ship and will probably re-enter the Alaska market.