Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Crystal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 29th, 2001, 01:43 PM
wunderkind

Default Crystal "dividends"

Crystal must be kidding with regard to their 50% off for many 2003 cruises: if you read the fine print, you'll see that it's pretty much like the "value collections" except they go one step further: no counting of the cruise for Crystal Society benefits of"milestones"---
Sponsored Links
Old August 13th, 2002, 10:25 PM
sma

Default Re: Crystal "dividends"

We're going on Dividends. It is a good deal. You don't know what you're talking about. Pay the full fare with your Crystal Society discounts and see where that gets you compared to the dividends. I'm sure they'll be glad to keep more money by not using dividends. Some people just get an inch and need to take a mile.
Old October 6th, 2002, 12:48 PM
Evelyn Richardson

Default Re: Re: Crystal "dividends"

My table companions on last weeks Crystal cruise, ended up cancelling TWO future cruises. Last weeks cruise was their 8th with Crystal, however when they took cruise #5, they did not get the up-grade due to them as past passengers, they were told they could "bank" the up-grade for future cruise. This they did.

They asked for the up-grade for last week's 12 day cruise, and were give it, however once on board they realised they had not been given their 8th cruise 'spending money", they were told they had been denied it because they had used their 5th cruise up-grade ,

This meant they LOST $300 between them. worse still they were also told they had been "put-back, as though they had never taken cruises 6,7,or 8, so they would have to re-do them before they would once again qualify for the $200 each shipboard money they would have received for cruise #9 (already booked ) and the two cat up-grades due them for cruise #10 (also already booked)

Can you blame them for being angry,? After all they had already qualified for anything they received, to insist they lose future benefits because they asked for that to which they were entitled was an insult . As stated they cancelled their two future already booked cruises. Crystal really lost out , - just to save $300!!!!!!!

I was told by Crystal that the same thing would happen to me, if I used my "coupon" for my 10th cruise, I would not only lose the 2 cat up-grade but would have to re-do cruise #10 before I could get any further dividends for cruise #11, Crystal is being very short sighted in "screwing" past passengers, they should not take our loyalty for granted..
Old October 13th, 2002, 11:20 PM
Frank

Default Re: Re: Re: Crystal "dividends"

I have sailed on the Crystal Harmony and at that time, I thought that Crystal was the best line afloat - great food and service plus a nice ship. I just returned from an 11 day cruise on Celebrity's Constellation and it rivaled Crystal in food and service but excelled in the ship itself. I can't see paying twice as much for the same food and service on Crystal and with a lesser amenitied ship. Embarkation and debarkation were faster on this 1950 passenger vehicle than on the Harmony with 1000 less passengers.
Frank-in-CA
Old January 25th, 2004, 02:39 AM
trvlblonde

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Crystal "dividends"

When I cruised on the Harmony, I paid by an American Express Credit card - as detailed in the brochure, if you used that credit card a $ 350 credit per stateroom was entitled. There was a special party to which we were not invited. I paid for 3 single cabins for my family and when I asked why the creidts were not applied they informed me that I had paid with a check not the Amex card. I had to go online and print out my copy of my card. They called my travel agency. The day prior to disembarking the credit was issued (only mine was just for $ 300 - as I had cruised with them before - whatever that means) and the candy that I understand comes coutesy of Amex was delivered the night before we got off the ship in Acapulco. This cruise did not equate to others on which I traveled previously.