Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Crystal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 19th, 2002, 01:14 AM
ET

Default Kids on Crystal ??

Anyone have any perspective on whether it works taking kids with you on a Crystal cruise ? We think our kids will be fine but not sure if other guests would be so keen.

We have 3 little ones (ages 6,6,1 and two nannies to look after them) and are thinking of a Crystal Symphony trip in the Mediterranean. They are well travelled and well behaved.

Appreciate anyone's perspective (with kids or not)

Thx a lot,

ET
Sponsored Links
Old January 21st, 2002, 07:57 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Kids on Crystal ??

I Cruised on the Harmony for an 11 Day Canal Cruise. Not many kids onboard. But we had a few. No one made any comments about the kids. As they were real busy with the staff. And kids had a great time. I would not leave your kids at home...take them with you have FUN!!

Michael
Old January 25th, 2002, 11:24 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

As long as they are well-behaved it shouldn't be a problem. But I also doubt if you see any other young kids on board. You might consider a suite on Holland America or Celebrity instead for about the same price.
Old February 1st, 2002, 07:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

Personally, I don't think children that young would work on Crystal. We have cruised Crystal 20 times and we've never seen any more than a few children at any one time. Crystal isn't like other cruise lines that cater to young children, or old children for that matter. Of course the staff will treat your children kindly, they have to in order to keep your business, but with the average age of Crystal being 55 years and older, kids and Crystal just don't cut it. There are other lines that would be just fantastic for children, and they cruise the area you're interested in. Celebrity is one, but I would not say that HAL is one because that's also a cruise line with a much older group of people.
Old February 19th, 2002, 01:32 PM
HannaS77

We have taken six cruises with Crystal, three on each ship and the line does not seem to cater to infants or children. Think this one over. A writer for the New York Times went on a Crystal cruise ship and he wrote :" The average age of the passengers are senior citizens traveling with their parents."
HannaS77
Old February 26th, 2002, 12:39 AM
Admiral

2 Nannies for 3 kids? Got a spare dime for a vet <G>
Old March 10th, 2002, 01:14 PM
Admiral

I've been on one Crystal cruise and sorry, but in my opinion they would be so board unless they have the energy of an adult or senior citizen. I think that's terrible for you beacuse you would miss out on the excellent service and luxury that has put Crystal on number one these last years.
Old March 23rd, 2002, 03:12 AM
:trvlblonde

Interestingly enough I have traveled with Crystal 3 times. On the only summer cruise, there were lots and lots of kids. They had a wonderful time with the staff that makes it their mission to take care of them. One family (reunion) had 13 children with them - I got friendly with one of the sets of parents and they were delighted with the programs provided by Crystal. This was a cruise to Alaska and they took the kids on the wild life trip in Sitka and they went on and on about the fun they had.

And if you have nannies for them, so much the better. The trip through the Med would be a wonderful experience for them. The pools are rarely crowded, there are lots and lots of videos in the library and each cabin has a VCR. The ice cream bar open all day by the pool is a big hit with the children and even grilled cheese sandwiches are served in the Trident Bar.

I am not surprised that most of the clients have responded as those on the previous responses BUT Crystal provides spacious deck plans and the children are monitored in their playroom with games and fun throughout the day. I wouldn't hesitate!
Old February 5th, 2003, 11:40 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Kids on Crystal ??

Check out this on Crystal's Site

<http://www.crystalcruises.com/entertainment.aspx?BG=55&PG=53>
Old February 5th, 2003, 12:52 PM
First Mate

Has anyone seen the Kids area on Crystal?? Have you talked with Parents or kids about the program? Crystal is not my first choice for kids...but to just say its only for the old...I would differ. And I have been on Crystal.
Old March 9th, 2003, 12:12 PM
Thomas Mazloum

Dear ET

I can assure you that your kids will like Crystal and our guests do appreciate it as well - in fact we have rolled out a brand new kids program for this summer - should you wish any information on this please feel free to contact me personally

Best REgards
Thomas Mazloum
Vice President Hotel Operations
Crystal Cruises
Old March 10th, 2003, 04:55 PM
NY

We were on the Crystal a year ago last August in the med and there were 70 kids (including my 15yr old) They have two kids activities folks who travel in the summer months. It was fine. Have you noticed that the cruises on Alaska this summer - kids under 12 are free (when in the same stateroom) Generally during the summer months, there are plenty of kids. There is not alot of obvious planned activies for the younger ones but there are two rooms especially for kids and of course all the otehr stuff like the swimming pools. Evening, the younger kids generally disappear but they did have parties for the teens after the last seating of dinner.
Old January 25th, 2004, 01:28 AM
trvlblonde

Crystal does such a good job with children that adult passengers don't notice them. they are welcome and have their own programs with all kinds of activities both on ship and ashore for their enjoyment. I was on an alaska trip with many, many children. They were delightful, never got out of hand and dressed up so that they were adorable. Don't let the prices fool you, Crystal welcoms children. I didn't, however, see many (altho there were some) on the way to South America in January or through the Panama Canal (more than to South America, fewer than to Alaska).