Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Crystal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 19th, 2002, 09:21 PM
Beginner

Default harmony inside cabins

I've booked an inside cabin for an upcoming cruise. I'd be interested in hearing anybody's opinion of these cabins. Have I made a horrible mistake?
Thanks for your help
Sponsored Links
Old June 20th, 2002, 08:29 PM
Frank

Default Re: harmony inside cabins

I don't know what you mean by a mistake. An inside cabin is lighter on the wallet and all the other activities are the same whether you are in steerage or a penthouse suite. (G) We had an inside on the Harmony and it made Crystal more affordable. The only problem we had was with the tub. Being shower people, it was hard to get in and out of that tub. I'd have preferred a regular shower.
Frank-in-CA
Old June 20th, 2002, 10:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: harmony inside cabins

Thank, Frank in CA. I guess by mistake I was wondering if these cabins were noisy from the stage up above or cramped. I have never sailed on Crystal or in an inside cabin before. My budget for the Panama canal was a balcony on HAL or inside on Crystal. I'd heard so much good about Crystal I thought I'd try the Harmony. Knowing me, I would probably have a good time even if I had to sleep standing up in a broom Closet!

Phil in BC
Old June 27th, 2002, 10:23 PM
Frank

Default Re: Re: Re: harmony inside cabins

phil wrote:

> Thank, Frank in CA. I guess by mistake I was wondering if
> these cabins were noisy from the stage up above or cramped. I
> have never sailed on Crystal or in an inside cabin before. My
> budget for the Panama canal was a balcony on HAL or inside on
> Crystal. I'd heard so much good about Crystal I thought I'd try
> the Harmony. Knowing me, I would probably have a good time even
> if I had to sleep standing up in a broom Closet!
>
Phil:
Crystal may ruin you for other cruise lines. (G) The cabin was not noisy or cramped as I recall. The bathroom was cramped though, as I mentioned with that tub.

What amazed me on Crystal is that one could request items not on the menu and somehow they'd get it for you. Sometimes it might be the next day though. We were on a 20 day cruise and about the 17th night the head waiter (or whatever he's called) asked if anyone wanted anything special that might not have been served yet. One guy at our table, who had as much gourmet food as he could take, said he'd like some Southern Fried chicken. I thought that sounded good so I said me too. Well, everyone at our table wanted it too. The next night we had platters of the most delicious chicken we've ever tasted. (The probably stole it from the stores for the crew <G>) One of the first nights my wife asked for some kind of patte which wasn't on the menu and she got it right away. Another evening she asked when they were serving lobster and the answer was "when do you want it?", followed by, you'll have it tomorrow. And they provided her with 4 the next evening.

I think everyone should do Crystal at least once and then they have to decide if they want one quality cruise or two value cruises.
Frank
Old June 29th, 2002, 12:32 PM
Evelyn Richardson

I always book inside cabin on Harmony (G) unless I am given a free up grade. The cabin is a good size, fridge, TV , video, full bath with shower, etc no slumming here. Of course with no window you do have to set the alarm clock to wake up. You get the same service, and you are close to the dining room and Crystal Cove, only one deck down from shopping, library etc.

Have a wonderful trip, where and when are you going, you can reply direct to me if you can or wish to do so.
Old January 25th, 2004, 01:46 AM
trvlblonde

Default Re: Re: harmony inside cabins

Frank
I love the bathtubs on Crystal and book this line because they have tubs - even my 90 year old father (who has never taken a bath in his life doesn't mind the tubs (altho he would really prefer the showere) understand that to those who bathe, a shower just doesn't make it.
Old March 26th, 2004, 10:52 PM
Donalee

I've sailed on Crystal Harmony 3 times. I travel single so of course I always book the inside cabin. Crystal gives singles a break by charging 125% of the regular cruise fare. Other lines charge 150-200% of the regular cruise fare. My next cruise is on celebrity, never been on celebrity.