Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Crystal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 20th, 2004, 05:19 PM
Bob Milne

Default Crystal Harmony

I just booked my first Crystal cruise and am looking forward to it. Does anyone know if their shore excursions in Cozumel to the Mayan ruins at Tulum is worth the money? Most times when in a port I usually go off on my own.
Sponsored Links
Old October 29th, 2004, 01:41 PM
Cathy Wynn

Default Re: Crystal Harmony

I have done this trip on another cruise line. I think it really depends if you like this sort of excursion. Lots of walking, the drive is boring - not a lot of lush country side and when you get there a lot of old rocks. That said, I think it is one of those things you have to do if you are there.
Old November 3rd, 2004, 07:55 AM
Ilene

Default Re: Crystal Harmony

I took this shore excursion with my family while on a Holland America ship and it was well worth the money. It would be very difficult to do on your own because first we had to take a ferry boat from Cozumel to the mainland and then a bus to Tulum. There didn't seem to be any other way to get there.

The ruins at Tulum are fascinating and it is definitely a Kodak moment as the ruins are right on the water. In fact, if you go during the summer, you have time to jump in the water to cool off.

The shore excursion included a rest room stop in a nice clean store and an excellent, fresh, boxed lunch from Subway. At Tulum itself, there are souvenir stores and restrooms. It is a 10 minute walk from the parking lot to the ruins, but there is a little tram available for a slight extra charge.