Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Crystal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 21st, 2005, 11:42 PM
Renee'

Default SHore Excursions for Carribean/Panama Canal April 14th trip?

Hi Everyone!
....Anyone booked to go on the "Panama Passage" Symphony Cruise Departing Costa Rica 4/14/05? I am counting the days! I am so excited to take my second Crystal Cruise!
I am traveling Solo...hoping to make some new friends.
AND...any good ideas of what to really not miss doing at our ports of call? ARUBA....ANTIGUA....ST. MARTIN, (would love to go over to the French side but I am not sure the best way to get there....you know, that doesn't cost a small fortune! ) , AND ST. THOMAS.
I love to snorkel, go horseback riding, exploring beautiful beaches...etc.... I am not that into sightseeing and only like to do a little shopping (mostly for local specialties, not high end luxury items).
If some of you who have been to these Islands could help me out with knowing what are the best shore excursions are, and what can be done independently , I would be so grateful. It seems the more guide books I check out of the library and read, the more confused I am about what I should do!!!
Thanks so very much!
Renee'
Sponsored Links
Old March 14th, 2005, 12:37 PM
Darcin 5261

Default Re: SHore Excursions for Carribean/Panama Canal April 14th t

To be honest, after a while, all the islands seem to look alike and offer the same things. It's an easy taxi ride to the French side of St. Maarten, and taxis are plentiful. Just go to the concierge on Crystal and tell them what you want to do and they will give you helpful hints. No matter what island, if you want beaches, just find a taxi and they will take you there. Every island can be done independently and all you need to do is find a local guide and a taxi. Believe me, when you get off the ship, you will be inundated with people offering independent tours.

I'm getting on the Symphony the day you'll be leaving. I'm doing the trans-Atlantic to Lisbon leaving on April 25.
Old March 14th, 2005, 11:19 PM
Renee'

Default Re: SHore Excursions for Carribean/Panama Canal April 14th t

Hi Darcin,

Thanks so much for your help. I'll ask the concierge on Crystal for some help as well.
Have a wonderful trip on your trans-Atlantic crossing to Lisbon!

PS...I certainly hope that all of the Islands I see do not look alike to me!
And of course I do not plan on doing the same things on each one, even if that is what is offered!