Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Crystal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 28th, 2006, 04:00 PM
Beginner

Default crystal or rssc?

i want to take a luxury cruise for my 40th birthday on either crystal or rssc so does anyone have any suggestions? i like luxury but not stuffy and boring. for example, my taste in hotels is four seasons or ritz carlton.
also, if i take crystal which one serenity or symphony b/c symphony is being drydocked this winter and may seem brand new. thanks
Sponsored Links
Old September 30th, 2006, 01:52 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

I've never sailed Crystal. Of the luxury lines, I've only sailed Regent and Seabourn.

A major distinction is that Crystal has assigned dining times, RSSC is open seating, and is less "all inclusive" than RSSC, so you pay for wine, liquor, and tipping on Crstal, but not on Regent.

This may not be an issue for you, or it may warrant consideration.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old October 16th, 2007, 02:38 PM
Beginner

Hi Hummelcruiser. When you're choosing between Regent and Crystal, you can't really go wrong either way.

Regent carries fewer guests on board, but the ships are a bit smaller so you'll have the same sense of space on either line. If you drink alcohol often, then Regent may be a better value because it is all-inclusive. Regent also offers on many of its ships all suite, all balcony accommodations. Crystal, though, was just rated best overall cruise line for the 14th straight year by Conde Nast Traveler, has great onboard entertainment, and offers a lot of complimentary enrichment programs.

They are both terrific cruise lines. You also can frequently find agencies that are offering pre-paid gratuities on Crystal. When you book into a Crystal cruise offering prepaid gratuities, you take this additional expense out of the equation when comparing the two lines.

At the end of the day, it may come down to itinerary for you. Which cruise line offers the itinerary on the date(s) that you want to travel.

Have a great birthday!