Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Crystal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 2nd, 2008, 05:00 PM
Beginner

Default Crystal Cruises with your Family

I would like to get some feedback on traveling with my children on Crystal. My oldest son will 10 and youngest will be 8.

We do not want to leave them in any program. They will be with us at all ports and meals.

I want to know:
1- What activities are there for children on the ship?
2- Typically, how many children travel on Crystal?
3- Are there dining rooms that are appropriate for children [Not black-tie, for example]?

If anyone can provide some information about their experiences, that would be appreciated.

We are looking to Cruise the Med mid to late 2009.

Thank You!
Sponsored Links
Old December 13th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I am a little confused when you ask about children's activites but then say you do not want to put them in any "programs." That is what children's activities are by definition.

Crystal has many "adult" activities onboard, but they will likely be considered a little to scholarly for the average 8 or 10-year-old. Unless they want to learn to play piano or speak French.

The children's program has Fantasia, the children's playroom, which offers tables and chairs for arts and crafts, Sony PlayStation game titles, a large screen television set and board games. Crystal Symphony and Crystal Serenity also feature a teenager's video arcade, Waves. The Library offers children's books and children's videos or DVDs for enjoyment in staterooms.

The dining is sublime on Crystal, and they do offer special dishes. The outdoor grill has hamburgers & hotdogs.

Crystal has programs for children onboard, I suggest you use them. here is a link to the information:

http://www.crystalcruises.com/onboard.aspx?ID=7

http://www.crystalcruises.com/mc_presskit.aspx?PK=9