Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Crystal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 6th, 2012, 01:05 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Luxe Lunch Aboard Crystal

Luxe Lunch Aboard Crystal
By Janice Wald Henderson

Taking a tour for a taste of the "luxe" Crystal Symphony while she is in port in Los Angeles.

The entrance to the Crystal Symphony Dining Room
I was invited for lunch and a tour of Crystal Symphony when it docked at the World Cruise Center in the Port of Los Angeles a few Sundays ago. This ship hadn't been on my radar for ages. It's been years since I was onboard, and while I knew about several dry dock upgrades, I had only seen the results online. So despite having laundry and other weekend chores, I decided duty beckoned and I'd drag my husband along.

"We're going to lunch on the Crystal Symphony this Sunday?" said my spouse, when I proposed the idea. "There's a big football game I want to watch."

He was not a happy camper but he agreed to make the drive, about an hour or so from our home. When we reached the pier - both of us cranky, thinking of what we wanted or needed to do, instead - our moods lifted when we saw the ship. Our memories of Crystal Cruises were fond, although most relate to sails on what was once Crystal Harmony, and the Symphony's signature sibling, 1070-passenger Crystal Serenity.
Sponsored Links