Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 23rd, 2000, 07:39 PM
dan cox

Default qe 2 cabins ?

have read some good reviews about qe 2.one review stated that they were in a mauretania grade cabin and it had a bath tub,can anybody know or tell me what cabin numbers are the lucky ones.very grateful for any infor.many thanks.....
Sponsored Links
Old October 24th, 2000, 02:29 AM
Admiral

Default RE: qe 2 cabins ?

I suggest that you ask your travel agent to specifically detail information about your cabin, including sq. footage, the restaurant and basic cabin amenities. That's part of his/her job!
Old October 24th, 2000, 08:01 PM
nick87

I have a detailed deck plan of the ship and I will look at the best cabins for you. Let me just find it and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
Old October 24th, 2000, 09:36 PM
dan cox

Dear Nick.I have already booked to sail in feb 2001.I have been given cabin number 5154.Any infor appriecated.Regards Dan.......
Old October 24th, 2000, 09:53 PM
dan cox

Dear Anne.Thankyou for taking the time to reply, I just thought that a fellow QE2 buff out there, may have come across this infor.Regards Dan......
Old October 26th, 2000, 02:56 PM
Liz1

Dan I just checked the Guide to Accomodations and Cabin 5154 on 5 deck has a shower only. All of the cabins in that class have shower only. I couldn't find any M class with bath and shower. Maybe I overlooked something?
Old January 29th, 2001, 02:57 PM
anniel

Default Re: qe 2 cabins ?

Dan,I was interested to read about your trip on QE2. We are booked on Dec 9th to do 28 days from Uk to Caribbean and onto New York. We will have Christmas and New Year on the ship and it seemed like a good deal. We are in cabin 4116 and are M1 grade. I found out that our cabin is 138 sq.ft and has a shower. I have read some cabins are 150 sq ft on our decks but I do not know which ones. Does anyone know?

Dan, can you write again when you return home to tell us about the accommodation and the Mauretania dining room. We have asked for second sitting as we think it will be more relaxed. I am also interested in your opinions about everything!

Good cruising and I wish you good weather.

Anniel
Old February 16th, 2001, 06:40 AM
LINER DAN

Dear Anniel
I just returned home today from my trip(16/2).About 5 days before i sailed i received a call from my travel agent stating that Cunard had given me a upgrade.I was booked into 5154 which is a M1 grade cabin,i got put up to C3 grade which was a total suprise.So in regards to the Mauertania Restaurant i did not get to experience it 1st hand (I was now in Caronia) i still went and had a good look.I found it to be better looking and set out then the reviews had stated that i had read.It has new carpeting ,wonderful semi frosted lights hanging from the ceiling and very good covering on the chairs from the $20 million refit from 1999.The menu looked very similar to Caronia except maybe 2 or 3 more choices to choose from the main meal.In regards to choosing the 2nd sitting for dinner it is a very wise choice.I have been on other ships for 1st sitting and you are rushed though so they can clean up and reset for the next passengers I suppose QE 2 would be no exception so try and get the 2nd sitting.The overall impression I got was 10 out of 10 for the ship.I checked it out with a fine tooth comb,it was so clean and shiney.The entire deck area was spotless ,the outdoor pool was hosed down most nights and refilled(only at sea)and in regards to the two outdoor spa's i saw them checked and cleaned every day.
************************************************** *********************************************
I will be writting a detailed review soon, but in the mean time feel free to ask any questions about the ship and i will give you an honest answer good or bad .

regards
LINER DAN.........................................
Old February 19th, 2001, 06:01 AM
anniel

Thanks for the information Dan. I am so pleased you got upgraded. I wish we could but I guess as it is a 28 day cruise over the holiday peiod there will not be much choice. Was the sea calm? that is one of my big worries.
Cheers Anniel
Old February 19th, 2001, 06:22 PM
Liner Dan

Dear Anniel
Yes the sea's were calm ,suprising as we crossed" Bass Straight" twice.In regards to an upgrade don't give up hope,it can happen to anyone at anytime.
Have a great time.
Regards Dan............................................... .