Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 30th, 2001, 03:50 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Ross
Default Views on the type of cabin

We are sailing on the 18th and have been assigned 5230. Category M
We're celebrating our 25th so I want things to go smoothly.
Anyone have any comments regarding this cabin or its general location?

Also, any do's/dont's while on board?

Thanks

Ross
Sponsored Links
Old May 31st, 2001, 05:30 AM
Liner Dan

Default Re: Views on the type of cabin

Hi Ross
Your cabin won't be big, but you have made it onto a grand ship indeed.Without a porthole for daylight make sure you take a illumiated clock so you can see what the time is.In regards to do's and don'ts ,the only one i learnt was to ask not to add tips to my account.I found it better to tip face to face to who served me, and it works out heaps cheaper.Also check with your Travel agent for a visitors boarding pass,you should be able to take 2 vistors on board with you to see you off and have a look around,But get in early as they can stop if too many requests are submitted.Also check out a site called "Chris's Cunard Page" there are a lot of good photo's and it should help you be prepared to see what a wonderful ship you will be boarding.One last thing ,make it known to your travel agent/Cunard that it is your 25th and they may do something special?.Hope you have a great time,and will look forward to hearing about your experience.
Regards Liner Dan........................
Old June 1st, 2001, 10:51 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Ross

Hi LD

I'll be sure to check out that page you mentioned and will ask that tips be a personal thing. I have found on other ships that it is much more personal if someone goes out of their way to reward for first rate service on a face to face basis.
We're getting close and the anticipation is exciting....now if only we can both shake our Caribbean colds!

I'll be sure to let you know how it goes.

R
Old June 25th, 2001, 04:56 PM
Bryan Pearson

Your cabin is on the port side, all the way aft. It is very small and is one of a row of three. To the best of my knowledge the 5 deck cabins do not have portholes. You will eat in the Mauretania Restaurant, very good food but there are two sittings. I would recommend the second sitting as the first is quite early and if you sit down late you will be rushed to get the table cleared for the later sitting.
Frankly, my suggestion would be to see if you can get your travel agent to tell Cunard that this is a very special occasion (25th anniversary), and that you would appreciate an upgrade to a C class cabin. Even a C5 would be MUCH better for you and you would eat in the Caronia Restaurant which is more elegant and has only one sitting. Be sure to eat breakfast in the Lido, it is bright and airy and a buffet style.
I envy you the trip, we love the QE2 and have taken 2 cruises so far, we are on the World Cruise from Honolulu to Auckland, via Tahiti, next January.

Bon voyage.

Bryan Pearson.