Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 17th, 2001, 01:26 PM
Trishaus

Default QE2 Cabin Categories????

We're getting ready to book the QE2 transatlantic for next August. We've been on several cruises, all on Holland America, and a crossing on the QE2 is my dream come true. On other ships we've gotten a suite that has a balcony and is about 500 sq. ft. in size. Hubby is just a little guy but likes room to roam around in the cabin. Does anyone know approximate square footage of the Q category cabins on QE2? I think they're the Queens Grill cabins. What about the P category? The Q category look a little larger on the deck plans but I can't find anything on size. If I stick hubby in a real small cabin, he'll throw me overboard and tell me to start swimming home!! Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Old August 20th, 2001, 09:18 PM
Passenger

Default Re: QE2 Cabin Categories????

I do not know how big the Q or P cat. are but the M1 range in size from 120 sq. ft. to 220. I found this out by just calling Cunard. They are very helpful and will answer any question. I have been inside a Q room before and they are a very nice size. We will be on the January 2,2001 sailing but will be going M1 better known as steerage. Good luck!
Old September 5th, 2001, 08:54 AM
Admiral

Maureen is exactly right. Call your t/a who can ask Cunard for the exact dimensions of any stateroom on the ship. Unlike the newer cruise vessels, this magnificent liner has significant differences from cabin to cabin, even within the same category. Crossing in Queens Grill or Princess/Britania Grill restaurant grades is a joy. Caronia is great as well. Mauretania grade gives a good "bang for the buck" too.
Old September 7th, 2001, 07:18 PM
Trishaus

Thank you so much for your help. I still can't believe that I'm actually going to be on the QE2 transatlantic. Someone needs to pinch me so I wake up. I already have a list made of clothes to take and all I need to do is pack! Thank you again, so very, very much.