Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 24th, 2002, 01:56 PM
Myles (scotland)

Default QE2 anybody going

Hi folks, lm booked on the almighty QE2 for her uk party cruise in December,this will be my 8th (32 years old) any body else going to be onboard? shes a great ship isnt she!! any british people on this site?? cheers to all myles

Sponsored Links
Old September 4th, 2002, 02:58 PM
Philip

Default Re: QE2 anybody going

Hi Myles, My wife and I are booked for that cruise, we are from Berkshire and it is our first cruise. What are these party cruises like ? we are in our forties is it mainly our age group ? We really don't know what to expect.
Cheers Phil.
Old October 20th, 2002, 11:41 AM
Richard JM Smith

Default Re: Re: QE2 anybody going

Philip

Re QE2 December Party Cruise I am booked on this trip and am really looking forward to it - my only other 'trip' on a cruise ship & it was on QE2 was a 1ngt trip on QE2 last year. The ship itself is very impressive and I know despite varying cabin classes & reviews online public areas are very impressive & food is very good.

Which dining room are you travelling in? I will be in Princess Grill this trip (Queens Grill last trip) and have already booked for a 6 night crossing to NYC next April in Caronia class. Whilst not being able to comment on what party cruise will be like my TA assures me it is fun & he ist travelling on board along with many other from the West Country (have booked with my TA) so as far as I am concerned must be a good sign!!!!

My interest with ship stems from my grandparents who travelled on QE2's pre maiden voyage up until early 1990's & who made 2 or 3 trips per year on ship / Q's Grill class. I know Cunard now has US owners but when on ship last year despite my single cabin falling slightly short of expectations everything else was memorable and met some very nice people albeit in a short time, hence my having booked 2 more trips!

May see you onboard

Best Wishes

Richard JM Smith
Old December 1st, 2002, 11:54 AM
TWS

Default Re: QE2 anybody going

Myles - You may just be the Myles I met, along with Landon Brown, on a crossing ten years ago or so. A postman I recall. So, you are still up to your tricks. You should stay on for the December 15th crossing.
Ted
Old December 10th, 2002, 08:08 AM
myles

Default Re: Re: QE2 anybody going

in haste re TWS Yes its me and your the one and only Ted!!! gosh what a small world! l cant believe this . just checked this cruise site 3 days before heading off on Good ole QE2. are you in UK or USA must catch up on our news sometime,hows landon?? cant believe you remember me, this makes my 8th time on QE2, guess lm a regular queen eh?? off to spend 10th-12th in the Isle of wight if per chance you are in the area will give you mobil no 0781 501 1862 maybe have time for a quick drink?? are you heading over on 15th crossing??
better dash,
take care,
myles
tried to email you from this site but couldnt get it to work!!!!
after all this time, shall drink a toast to you onboard!!!!! whisky....a large one !!!!!!!
Old December 27th, 2002, 07:42 AM
TWS

Default Re: Re: Re: QE2 anybody going

Myles,
It is not difficult to remember you, and in fact I saw your photo recently on one of my slides while preparing for a QE2 lecture for the westbound crossing. I am sorry not to have replied sooner but we went over to France the day before your reply, to tour the shipyard where the QM2 is being built. She's BIG!

Landon is just fine, and he puts together the members slides for the WSS Christmas porgram, and that is the only time I ever see him these days.

I hope your three-nighter was fun. Captain Wright said it was! And our crossing gave us a F9 with gust to F11 over a 24-hour period. We were a group of ten at two tables in Princess, and there were about 50 other aficionados aboard.

I want to come up to ride the new Northlink vessels sometime, and I just love your part of Scotland. Stayed tuned.

Happy New Year!
Ted