Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 21st, 2002, 01:15 PM
cruise44

Default Queen Mary 2 Brochure

Cunard has a new brochure out on the Queen Mary 2! Has anyone seen it? I have onlyheard a little about it from Cunard Lines article:

CUNARD LAUNCHES FIRST BROCHURE FOR NEW QUEEN MARY 2

Cunard Line has released the first brochure for the highly anticipated Queen Mary 2, expected to enter service in January 2004. The exquisite, four-colour brochure features an all-new design concept for Cunard, and a special, numbered Collector’s Edition also has been issued.

The brochure consists of a 34-page main book introducing QM2 and her amenities and features, plus a unique 39-page insert outlining the 150,000-tonne vessel’s itineraries for 2004 along with pricing and a deck plan. As a highlight, the brochure couples never-before-seen QM2 images that reveal the finest details along with historic posters and photos reflecting Cunard’s 162-year heritage.

“Like Cunard memorabilia of the past, the new Queen Mary 2 brochure is a visually stunning piece that will surely become a collector’s item,” said Deborah Natansohn, Cunard’s senior vice president, worldwide sales and marketing. “We’re proud that it’s going to introduce QM2 to the world.”

The new flagship of the Cunard fleet will open for booking on August 1, 2002, with her inaugural season expected to generate an unprecedented amount of interest. As a gesture to Cunard’s loyal passengers who sailed in 2001 on either Queen Elizabeth 2 or Caronia or on QE2’s 2002 World Cruise, the “Patron’s Preview” opens the books for QM2 on July 1 and provides a special 30-day period in which these guests can reserve their choices of departures and accommodations before the ship is opened to public sale.

Cunard’s top 100 travel agents also receive an exclusive booking window prior to the books opening on August 1. Distribution of the brochure to agents will continue throughout the month on June.

For more information or to reserve a voyage, contact a professional travel agent, call Cunard at 1-800-7-CUNARD or visit the website www.cunard.com. AOL keyword: Cunard
Sponsored Links
Old June 23rd, 2002, 07:05 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Queen Mary 2 Brochure

Well... I have a copy... it is actually two brochures in one... the first, a dark colored heavy weight paper which beautifully contrasts Cunard's traditions and past with the new QM2, then, the last page has a pocket, with a glossy more traditional brochure with itineraries, prices and deck plans.

What a wondrous ship she will be. She is truly the most exciting "new build" in many many years... and a liner, too boot!
Old June 24th, 2002, 11:33 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Queen Mary 2 Brochure

I've now seen three copies of the brochure sold on Ebay, the first for $356, and the second and third for $205 and $152 respectively. I'm trying very hard not to get grape jelly on my copy. Seriously, I think I've "devoured" just about every page and am waiting for the call from Cunard as promised by the form letter enclosed in the brochure. I think I put a deposit down in November of 2000, don't remember the exact month but it was around then, and now it's less than TWO YEARS away. How time flies!

Old June 28th, 2002, 12:41 PM
Thule

Default Re: Re: Queen Mary 2 Brochure

Just got my confirmation - 12 Jan maiden voyage!! cat D1 (atrium) should be interesting - may feel like I'm in a zoo ;-)
But it's expensive - at least there's time to save up - 562 days til sailing!!
Old June 30th, 2002, 04:51 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Queen Mary 2 Brochure

Got our confirmation for Jan 12 sailing Cabin with balcony, probably feel like an aquarium. Only 560 days to go. We are on a 'high' now, it can only get better! Who needs drugs or booze?